PDA

View Full Version : Apple Ipod 5g

Drunken Tiger
11-20-2005, 09:54 PM
I got one for my bday and i just wanted to tell you guys that it rocks.. The video capability is a bit stretching for 2 hr movies, but for tv series like Lost and what not its PERFECT.. :)

Battery is great and size is even better!! Highly recommended.. :p

Here is a look at what is to come from Apple.. (http://section3.net/stevejobs_SNL/)

me2
11-21-2005, 01:19 AM
iPods are great. Nice looking and slick. I wish I could get one, but I'll stay with my 20gig 4th generation.

AtmaWeapon
11-21-2005, 11:36 AM
I don't know. I kind of wanted one for a while because they were dead sexy but it seems like they changed the design a little in the newer ones and it doesn't appeal to me like the old design did.

War Lord
11-21-2005, 04:40 PM
I can't live without mine now.
I have it hooked up to the touch screen dvd player in the car, no fiddling with cds. I also use it while taking the dog out along with a bunch of other things.

copsgotguns
11-21-2005, 05:54 PM
ipods r fine as long as you dont drop it from anywhere higher than 2 inches, dont put it in your backpack, dont put any pressure on the screen what-so-ever, keep it in a cool dry area, keep away from children, dont eat before using, apply on wound 3-5 times daily, etc. but other than that, its great.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
11-21-2005, 06:04 PM
I never had any problems with damaged iPods, but maybe I'm not dumb with mine.

Unfortunately, my dad threw mine out on accident, so I need to get a new one <_<

War Lord
11-21-2005, 07:13 PM
ipods r fine as long as you dont drop it from anywhere higher than 2 inches, dont put it in your backpack, dont put any pressure on the screen what-so-ever, keep it in a cool dry area, keep away from children, dont eat before using, apply on wound 3-5 times daily, etc. but other than that, its great.

I've dropped mine from my hands (I'm 6'1") to the ground onto a concrete sidewalk and it works without a hitch. I've dropped it countless times. I have the Countour iSee case though. Anyone that doesn't get a case for their pod is crazy, gotta protect that sexy investment.

I bought my Fiance a pink mini a while back as well, it works awesome and has been dropped as well.

I am getting ready to buy one of the new ones that play video here after the holidays, I want one of those badly.

Eckels
11-21-2005, 07:52 PM

Frankly, for something that costs 300$, you should be taking much better care of it, than that.

Drunken Tiger
11-21-2005, 08:57 PM
I am getting ready to buy one of the new ones that play video here after the holidays, I want one of those badly.

Black one! But dont forget a screen protector because the new ones scratch like helll.. And you have to be really patient with the video conversions, but once you get it to work, youll never want to part with it.. :)

War Lord
11-21-2005, 09:16 PM
It'll be even more sweet given that I have around 1,000 music videos on my computer.

AtmaWeapon
11-21-2005, 10:49 PM
I'm going to have to side with WL: if you purchase a $300 shiny piece of equipment it is only logical to get some form of case. I usually don't spend money on product protection and all of that, but starting at $200 I see it as folly to not do what you can to protect your investment. I look at it with percentages: I am willing to pay 10-15% of the purchase price if it means I get 100% of my investment back when I drop it. Neglecting to buy a $30 protector for a $300 device whose shine and design is its primary feature goes against this philosphy.

I'd imagine the iPod mini would be much more resistant to shock damage as it is flash-based, but other iPods are hard-drive based and there is always the potential that if you drop them at the wrong time you can ruin the drive.

Of course, the same thing is supposed to happen when you shut down a computer improperly and in 8 years I've only seen that happen once, so I think it is safe to say if it happens to you your luck was bad that day.

copsgotguns
11-26-2005, 08:25 PM
its funny how an ipod is so expensive and you still have to put money into it. much like buying a videogame system but the memory card comes separately. are people going to start selling sneakers with shoelaces sold separately.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
11-26-2005, 09:43 PM
I didn't buy a single accessory for mine, and it worked fine for nearly a year.

AlexMax
11-28-2005, 02:53 AM
its funny how an ipod is so expensive and you still have to put money into it. much like buying a videogame system but the memory card comes separately. are people going to start selling sneakers with shoelaces sold separately.

Shut up.

Sute
11-28-2005, 11:27 PM
I want an iPod for Christmas.. I just don't understand how they can allow 5,000 songs on it, I don't think.. I even KNOW 5,000 songs. Craziness.

War Lord
11-29-2005, 02:59 AM
http://warlord.shatteredearth.net/images/mp3s.jpg

Sute
12-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Haha, oh that's cute ^_^ ..
I heard the newer one can even have a nice amount of hours of video on there. I'd like that much.