PDA

View Full Version : DOS Version System Requirements

OSXer
11-19-2005, 04:28 AM
Hello, I haven't been able to find it around here but can anyone give me the exact DOS System Requirements for Zelda Classic 2.10? I'm especially interested in the memory required.

MottZilla
11-20-2005, 04:50 AM
It depends on the quest loaded I believe. Generally I think 32MB is bare minimum. 64MB should by plenty. But I cannot be entirely sure. The DOS version when actually run under pure DOS has lower requirements for better performance since if you were playing with 32MB of memory, running just DOS has alot more free than when you have Windows in the background, which will likely have to use virtual memory during the game.

So anyways, 32MB should be alright, 64MB definitely. As far as a processor, for the lastest versions of ZC you probably wanted atleast a Pentium II class cpu at 200mhz or faster. Not entirely sure. Again, remember that some of these later graphically glorified quests will possibly run slower if there are alot of layers of graphics to render, as well as if you don't have enough RAM under windows and it starts using Virtual memory.