PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Grand

Darth Marsden
11-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Apparently, when you hit a big milestone, it's tradition to tell people how you came to be here and stuff. I think. And since I've just hit the big thousand, I figured I might as well give a bit of speach or something. I never was very good at this sort of thing, so it may well be awful. Apologies in advance if it is.

I came here, all those months ago, with a few questions about Zelda Quest. Nothing original about that, I know, but I never was one for groundbreaking ideas. A few questions later, and I was all set to leave, but then I figured 'Hey, I've signed up. Might as well have a look around'. And so I stumbled into the General Gaming section, where I stayed for a while before moving on to my current home, Forum Games. There's a theme there, but I'll be damned if I can spot it.

Throughout my stay here, I've enjoyed myself immensely (sp?). You've all been pretty nice for the most part, and I've had a chance to have some fun with a bunch of you, mostly in the Forum Games section, which you guys should really visit more often. I admit I've made mistakes. Of course I have. Everyone does. I beieve it's called 'Learning'. And I've gone over the top in some places. But through it all, you've been pretty good to me and I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank you for not tearing me into little pieces. Perhaps I went under your radar because I know how to spell and use proper grammar. Perhaps you actually like what I have to say. Perhaps you needed more British kids. Whatever the reason, I'd like to think you've accepted me into the fold and made me feel part of a family. So thanks.

Raises Glass

Here's to a thousand more. May they be spent in a somewhat more productive manner then the last thousand.

Downs drink in one

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to sort me out a custom avatar. Hic!

Aegix Drakan
11-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Congrats on your 1,000 posts DM. hope you sick around, forum games would never be the sme place without you!

(Raises soda can) yeah, here's to your next 1,000 posts!

Darth Marsden
11-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Hic! Cheers very mush!

Actually, I can't decide which Avatar to have. Which do you think:

http://homepages.tesco.net/steveemarsden/Avatars/dancing.gif http://homepages.tesco.net/steveemarsden/Avatars/kirby.gif http://homepages.tesco.net/steveemarsden/Avatars/smilies.gif or the good ol' http://homepages.tesco.net/steveemarsden/Avatars/sonicrun.gif

Aegix Drakan
11-18-2005, 02:31 PM
I'd say 2 or 4.

Good choices there DM!

Archibaldo
11-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Gratz on the tousand DM. If I were you, I'd go with the dancing karate guy.

Beldaran
11-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Leave Now Why You Still Have The Tattered Crumbs Of Your Soul Shadowblazer owns all :darkmage:

Glitch
11-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Hic! Cheers very mush!

Actually, I can't decide which Avatar to have. Which do you think:

http://homepages.tesco.net/steveemarsden/Avatars/dancing.gif

You pick that avatar and it will become my goal to get you banned.

AtmaWeapon
11-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Don't listen to Glitch that avatar is pretty rad.

ShadowTiger
11-18-2005, 05:00 PM
I was honestly going to make it my own next avatar. o_o' .. .. swear to mod.

Um... if you need any help getting those to fit within the 150x150 & Sub-19.5 KB restrictions, just ask. There'll undoubtedly be a significant loss in quality, but it'll be done. Just PM me if you'd like that.

Kudos, man. :) Thanks for making AGN that much more active. ^_^'

Machiavelli
11-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Cangratulations DM!

I think the first avatar is pretty funny. I had to hold back a laugh, 'cause I'm at work right now. It might take a few years before I get anywhere near 1,000 posts (I'm a slow poster, what can I say?) so no custom avatar for me...yet.

Darth Marsden
11-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Don't listen to Glitch that avatar is pretty rad.Ah, I never listen to anything he says. If I can get it down in size, consider that my new avatar.

Thanks for all the good wishes, guys. Help yourselves to a virtual beer or two. Let's get this party started!

EDIT: There's some virtual fizzy pop on the side for you Mach. :p

Machiavelli
11-18-2005, 05:50 PM
EDIT: There's some virtual fizzy pop on the side for you Mach. :p
Are you suggesting that I should only be drinking soda?... :D

Darth Marsden
11-18-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm suggesting that I don't want to get you drunk and taken advantage of. I'm a gentleman, see. :naughty:

Machiavelli
11-18-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm suggesting that I don't want to get you drunk and taken advantage of. I'm a gentleman, see. :naughty:

awww... :love:

Tygore
11-18-2005, 06:04 PM
The second one is fun, but 5 pixels too wide. If you could trim it up, then I'd say it.

vegeta1215
11-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Congratz Darth! I'm glad you stuck around, GGD has been much more active since you've been posting there.

Archibaldo
11-18-2005, 10:14 PM
If your not going to use the dancing avatar, then I will. It's just so awesome. All I need to do is make it smaller.

Daarkseid
11-18-2005, 10:33 PM
That emoticon factory pic is too awesome, though not sure its really avatar material.

Brasel
11-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Congrats man. You're one of the more prominent new members, thats for sure. I remember my first 1000...we couldn't upload our own custom avatars back then and I bothered the admins so often about changing mine over and over because I always found something I liked better. Have fun with that stuff, its a cool priviledge. And don't start taking things too seriously here either, but you've heard that story a couple times already, I'm sure.

Sir_Johnamus
11-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Congrats on your grand. You pushed grmmarless off the ground!

Darth Marsden
11-20-2005, 05:45 AM
Ah, shucks. You all just want a beer, don't ya? :p Thanks guys.

Starts dancing drunkenly

koopa
11-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Congratulations. I can't wait for my 1000th post (but I will have to for some time yet).

Fortis Nova
11-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Looks like he decided on the dancing avatar. Glitch, you have your work cut out for you.

(Congrats, by the way.)

Darth Marsden
11-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I liked it too much not to use. Rest assured though, I'll get bored of it and will change it before the week's through. It's my style.

Thanks for the extra kudos, guys. Help yourself to punch and pie. (5 points to whoever points out which film that's from.)

Rainman
11-21-2005, 01:40 PM
At least make it loop better and slow it down. Jesus..

Darth Marsden
11-21-2005, 02:02 PM
I didn't make it, BH4 did. I haven't a clue about editing animated GIFs.

EDIT: Oh look, I got bored with it already. Ninja's all yours, Glitch.

ShadowTiger
11-21-2005, 02:44 PM
It's not the easiest thing editing a GIF in two minutes, y'know. :p You're welcome. XD

Though finding the "Unoptimize" feature really did help somewhat.

Rainman
11-21-2005, 03:39 PM
What GIF maker do you use? (I need one)

ShadowTiger
11-21-2005, 03:43 PM
What GIF maker do you use? (I need one)
Ah. :) Well, the one I had gotten from *b*'s referral, is Movie Gear (http://www.moviegear.com/). I also have another one, (Which is free!) that I can give you, though considerably smaller in size, can also get the job done quite nicely. I'll try to upload it tomorrow, if I can find it.

Though, if I were you, Ryan, I'd definitely seek out Movie Gear for its Unoptimize Feature. The thing about a lot of these images, is that they're optimized for web storage. Essentially, the images are compacted considerably, and if you alter the image in most any way, (i.e. resize, crop, affect the palette, etc.) the image will lose its appearance in a way. The Unoptimize feature will correct this. It's particularly handy when working with images you'd get from 4chan's /gif/ area or from YTMND. If you don't have the unoptimize feature, you may be prone to white streaks across your images where the image had previously been optimized by the person who had uploaded it.

Darth Marsden
11-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Excellent. I may start dabbling with those. I made my own sig image, but it was with a trial program that's long since expired.

And did I ever thank you for doing that avatar for me? If not, then thanks. If so, then thanks again. I don't thank people enough ;)