PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic version 2.10 for Windows

Link648689Ti
11-18-2005, 03:18 AM
Hi. I really love playing Zelda games (except Wind Waker, and new gameboy versions), so I'm a HUGE zelda fan! :D

Anyway... I hate to complain, but... why does ZC version 2.10 take up so much memory and it slows down my PC while I'm doing other things? The only way to have the CPU usage reduced is to exit ZC 2.10 (after saving the game). Why is this? Is there a better way to run ZC without taking up so much memory without upgrading memory stuff? Think maybe there would be a newer version which fixes the memory problem (I won't ask when it will be released because I've already been "warned" in the other topics)? Well, hope there would be a better way to run ZC without taking up so much memory (CPU usage) while "multi-tasking" on the computer. Oh well. At least, it's still playable! :D

Link648689Ti

MottZilla
11-20-2005, 04:52 AM
Allegro programs (ZC is one) often aren't programmed to "play nice" with multi tasking. I believe there is such a thing that could be done to try to not always use all remaining cpu time but oh well. Besides when playing a game, why would you really be multi tasking?

ShadowTiger
11-20-2005, 01:01 PM
Oddly enough, I've only seen slowdowns on WinXP machines. My PII 300 MHZ machine (256 MB Ram) was completely unaffected by having ZC being run in the background, as well as my AMD 1700 Machine. It's only when I run it on the school's machines, that I experience tremendous slowdowns and lag.

ZeldaLord
11-20-2005, 01:55 PM
I've had that problem too, even with Zquest, and never when I used 98, leading me to think also that it must have something to do with XP.

I suggest that one of the developers ask about it on Allegro's forums.