PDA

View Full Version : 50 Cent: Bulletproof

Goat
11-17-2005, 11:47 PM
Ok, I got in a bunch of the new 50cent video game (http://www.50centbulletproof.com/us/home.html) today at work.

http://media.gamestats.com/gg/image/object/733/733363/50centBulletproof_XBOXBox-ratedboxart_160w.jpg

In 50 Cent: Bulletproof, 50 Cent gets caught in a web of corruption, double-crosses, and shady deals that lead him on a bloody path through New York's drug underworld. Teaming up with his G Unit crew, 50 Cent takes on the most dangerous crime families in the city, uncovering an international conspiracy with devastating implications. 50 Cent: Bulletproof features album tracks and new songs from 50 Cent recorded exclusively for the game, as well as more than a dozen 50 Cent and G Unit videos along with new original hot beats and scoring from Sha Money XL (G Unit Exec Producer). In addition, the game will offer a sound studio mode in which gamers can mix and match new original freestyles by 50 Cent with new beats straight from the G Unit camp.
(http://xbox.ign.com/objects/733/733363.html)

I looked at it, read teh back, and proceeded to laugh my nuts off. How in teh fuck did he get a video game? I mean his music sucks, and all I hear about is 50 cent over and over again, and I still havent figured out why I'm supposed to give a shit about him. I showed it to one of my supervisors, Gerald (who's black) and he just started bitching, that people liek 50 cent are giving blacks such a bad image, and how he gets stereotyped just because hes a muscular black guy who has a little bit of a strut when he walks. It then occured to me how Ive never met a black person who has enjoyed his music. I then thought to myself, I bet this is a game strictly for us lame crackers. So I walked around my work and polled 20 people, 10 black, 10 white. I got a total of 13 people that said they would probbaly play the game, only 4 of those were black. There is no point to this commentary, besides basically just commenting on how much I hate white people, that's about it.

copsgotguns
11-17-2005, 11:58 PM
i was a bit of a fan of 50cent during my high school years back then....before he became popular, commercialized and marketed towards 'billy from the suburbs'. i saw the movie and not surprising it was horrid. im not going to even play the videogame because its a probably for wannabe hardcore gangsters...or as 50 would say 'wankstas'

Darth Marsden
11-18-2005, 06:04 AM
The last time I can remember a 'singer' making his own videogame was Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.

'nough said.

Eckels
11-18-2005, 07:37 AM
"Fiddy Cent" is my personal jesus, and I'll thank you never to take his name in vain again.

Darth Marsden
11-18-2005, 12:49 PM
OK.

Got another one! Britney's Dance Beat. And David Beckham had two - David Beckham Soccor and Go! Go! Beckham! (http://gameboy.ign.com/objects/490/490026.html) Can anyone else think of a game named after a celebrity? You score a point for each one, and five points if it's nothing to do with a sport.

biggiy05
11-18-2005, 01:24 PM
I saw a commerical last night for it. He looks like a walking ape. All you see is this giant black thing that is supposed to be him. He looks way to muscular so he looks like an ape.

OK.

Got another one! Britney's Dance Beat. And David Beckham had two - David Beckham Soccor and Go! Go! Beckham! (http://gameboy.ign.com/objects/490/490026.html) Can anyone else think of a game named after a celebrity? You score a point for each one, and five points if it's nothing to do with a sport.

Another thread dead.

Darth Marsden
11-18-2005, 01:57 PM
The point I was trying to make was, amazingly, that video games based on actual people suck. We British have a very strange sense of humor. Try to take things a little less seriously around me and we'll all get along much better.

Machiavelli
11-18-2005, 05:34 PM
...his music sucks, and all I hear about is 50 cent over and over again, and I still havent figured out why I'm supposed to give a shit about him.
I strongly dislike 50 Cent's 'music'. Alot of people I know don't like him either. Nobody I know would even bother with that game.

Darth Marsden
11-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I don't normally like him either. He did do a song I really like, but it's on Eminem's Encore album - 'Never Enough' is the track, it's song number 2, I believe. He does quite well on a faster beat. It's when he gets all slow that the audience tends to fall asleep and not care. And I'm sick of him having all those near naked ladies in his videos. Do something original for once, man!

biggiy05
11-18-2005, 11:43 PM
And I'm sick of him having all those near naked ladies in his videos. Do something original for once, man!

That is pretty much the new thing to do in a rap music video. Show as much skin as possible in those 3 minutes without getting busted.

MANDRAG GANON
11-19-2005, 07:52 PM
That is pretty much the new thing to do in a rap music video. Show as much skin as possible in those 3 minutes without getting busted.

New... it's been that way for like 10+years.

I don't have much to say about the video game other than laughing...if it deserves even that :/

VT_Hokie_Fan
11-19-2005, 08:42 PM
If you watch the commercial, you see that every guy that 50 cent kills is white.

Just pointing that out.

Lord Cheese
11-19-2005, 08:53 PM
If you watch the commercial, you see that every guy that 50 cent kills is white.

Just pointing that out.
Wow...what a racist game...

copsgotguns
11-20-2005, 01:24 AM
50 killing white guys? they wouldnt happen to be cops would they? you know, since cops are so good and law abiding.

Beldaran
11-20-2005, 01:56 AM
I wish they would make a game just like this, but from the opposite point of view: You play a cop who goes around killing mobs of useless black people. I bet Kanye West would shit his nuts out of his ass going bonkers about racism, but when it's white people or cops, no one cares.

Daarkseid
11-20-2005, 04:51 AM
Well, frankly, as a white person, and in terms of racial representation, sharing the same general racial skin tone as 98% of congress and 100% of those ever officially holding the office of president in our country,

I'm not the least bit threatened or offended by a game in which a black rapper kills white people exclusively(and I very highly doubt the game limits you to killing just whitey).

VT_Hokie_Fan
11-20-2005, 02:38 PM
50 killing white guys? they wouldnt happen to be cops would they? you know, since cops are so good and law abiding.

It's obvious what your point of view is. I never said that 50 only kills white guys, because I saw a different commercial today where 50 cent kills black people too. So every race is equally killed in this game.
But I'm still not buying it.

War Lord
11-20-2005, 03:34 PM
I've watched various trailers, and it looks like a mix of Max Payne and Grand Theft Auto.
I'll be renting and then buying it if it turns out as good as these trailers. They could have totally removed 50 cent from the game, and replaced him with mario and I bet most of you would play it then. I tend to keep an open mind with games and like to give them a chance before I trash them. Perhaps I'm crazy though.

(EDIT)
Scratch that, they released it early. I played it a bit, it's actually pretty solid. Standard 3rd person shooter. They've added some pretty cool features though and the story is pretty good. Graphics are very good on top of everything else, I like it.

copsgotguns
11-26-2005, 08:31 PM
i just played the game and..wow, waste of a blockbuster rental. thought the game is rated mature and uses ALOT of strong language and gratuatous violence, the gameplay and overall layout of the game feels like a kiddie game. i wouldnt be surprised if the majority of people who bought this game where 12 years old or younger.

DsS Game
11-27-2005, 04:30 AM
50 was good back when he started and back when G-Unit was just 3 people I think? I agree some of his music sucks, but he has the money to do anything he wants. Clothing line, movie, and now game. Shit...

And I played the game and wow...sucks....but the only the reason I got it was for the music.

War Lord
11-27-2005, 04:36 AM
Perhaps I enjoy it because I can't get into games much nowadays, so the "run around shooting and blowing shit up" genre as well as sports titles are all that can seem to keep me entertained for very long.

It's actually pretty depressing. I mean, I can play other titles for a little while, but nothing like I used to where I could just sit down and play for hours.

Goat
11-28-2005, 11:23 PM
It's very rare to find an enjoyable game for myself anymore. I loved Morrowind, but the only thing I've enjoyed since then was Marvel Nemesis, and I beat that quickly. I never got the whole GTA craze. My buddies are all hard for it but theyre such shitty, pointless games. We need more games liek we had in teh 80's. Now Battletoads, that was a spectacular game.

copsgotguns
11-29-2005, 07:02 PM
i had 'Battletoads and Double Dragon' for SNES

*b*
11-29-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm not going to buy this game. hell, untill I clicked in to this topic, I wasn't even aware of it's existance. it's not that I dislike driving around and firing of machine guns, it's what those games are about that I hate. somone out in the 'hood has his family murdered by gangsters, so he goes on a bloody rampage to avenge them. it seems that's what they're all about, or something similar. then again, I'm biased, RPGs being the games I prefer

now, if they had a game where, like, some rich evil guy was threatening to send Earth into a nuclear winter, and it was that same genre, I'd probably find it fun

Tygore
11-30-2005, 12:24 AM
Fitty cent says it's for kidz, yo. (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3145853)

That, my friends, is the biggest load of bull I have EVER seen.

VT_Hokie_Fan
11-30-2005, 12:35 AM
I play plenty of M rated games, and I haven't turned into a psychotic murderer...

Yet