PDA

View Full Version : lol I hope I get to see this show

Beldaran
11-17-2005, 04:35 AM
Space Travel Reality Show! aka JOE ASTRONAUT? (http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/articles/20930127?source=PA&ct=5)

This is totally funny, in my opinion. I hope the pull it off. That would suck ASS to get back from a space trip and find out it never happened. hahah

I don't know how they are going to simulate the intense G forces of a liftoff though. Although, most people who are interested in reality tv are too stupid to know that there are increased g-forces upon acceleration so perhaps it will work fine.

Starkist
11-17-2005, 04:43 AM
"Ok, now sit in this chair that's going to start going around in circles. This powers the rockets!"

ZeldaLord
11-17-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm intrigued as to whether they'll really be manage to pull it off. I really hope they do, it'll be hilarious, especially with all the crappy reality shows recently.

Darth Marsden
11-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Oh man, this could be a blast. Like that time William Shatner duped a whole town into thinking he was filming a sci-fi film... did anybody see that?

Rainman
11-17-2005, 02:06 PM
This is the type of reality that sucks. They run it totally on the single premise and draw out the awkwardness throughout the season. It's the kind of thing that'd be funny in a short episode, but when it's drawn out like it is I just end up feeling sorry for the people involved. They do little social experiments that, if they were psychologists doing a study, would never be approved by an ethics committee.

Beldaran
11-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Yeah but by signing up for these shows, you pretty much know that going in. When you join a reality show, if you don't already get the impression that all they do is fuck with people, you deserve whatever televised fate awaits you.

ZeldaLord
11-17-2005, 04:04 PM
And how the hell do they expect to simulate the lack of gravity? :eyebrow:

biggiy05
11-17-2005, 04:57 PM
And how the hell do they expect to simulate the lack of gravity? :eyebrow:

They can already do that. I'm pretty sure they do it for astronauts in training. It can be done and I am sure they have covered their tracks.

Rainman
11-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Yeah but by signing up for these shows, you pretty much know that going in. When you join a reality show, if you don't already get the impression that all they do is fuck with people, you deserve whatever televised fate awaits you.

Yeah, logically I really shouldn't find any problem since they're really asking for it, but I can't help being the empathetic person that I am. I can't help what I feel. Anyway, like I said, the shows are usually horribly drawn out. I like to watch the occasional hidden camera show now and then when I'm bored, but these new reality shows take what would have been one bit in a hidden camera show and do a season on it. Really the last show is usually the only one worth watching if at all.

gdorf
11-17-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't see how they'll pull this off. First, as someone has already mentioned, I wouldn't feel like I was in space if I was still under the effects of gravity. And, although someone mentioned that lack of gravity can be replicated, it can only be accomplished for about 30 seconds.

Second, I can't imagine that they'd be able to replicate the feeling of a shuttle launch. While I haven't been in a shuttle launch, I have been in a lot of VR simulations (including the one where you spin in a circle to produce G-forces) and they have never begin to fool me.

I agree with rainman. This might make a good 1-3 show series, but a whole season will seem drawn out. Can people really be this gullable?

biggiy05
11-17-2005, 11:35 PM
I agree with rainman. This might make a good 1-3 show series, but a whole season will seem drawn out. Can people really be this gullable?

Some people will believe anything they hear. Ever seen those magazines that talk about elvis being in a nursing home, adam and eve's bodies found. Stupid stuff like that people will believe. They are the same people that would believe something like that.

zoraking
11-17-2005, 11:40 PM
I had an idea where the people on the show is being had. It's called Asylum. We take a couple of people and falsely sentence them to time in and asylum and see how long it takes them to crack. The trick is, they don't know they're on TV.

Sounds like good reality TV to me.

gdorf
11-17-2005, 11:44 PM
Some people will believe anything they hear. Ever seen those magazines that talk about elvis being in a nursing home, adam and eve's bodies found. Stupid stuff like that people will believe. They are the same people that would believe something like that.
That is exactly why I don't think I'd enjoy the show. Watching people dumb enough to believe they are being sent to space is like pretending to throw a ball for a dog: its fun for the first two or three times, but then it gets lame. :shrug:

Goat
11-18-2005, 12:07 AM
...pretending to throw a ball for a dog: its fun for the first two or three times, but then it gets lame. :shrug:

That never gets lame, they get so excited and dont catch on. Its also fun to do to little kids. I can honestly and proudly say Ive nevr watched a reality show that isnt about cage fighting. Anyone who does, lame.

Darth Marsden
11-18-2005, 06:14 AM
I had an idea where the people on the show is being had. It's called Asylum. We take a couple of people and falsely sentence them to time in and asylum and see how long it takes them to crack. The trick is, they don't know they're on TV.

Sounds like good reality TV to me.Dude, that show needs to get made NOW.

Also, did anyone catch 'There's Something About Miriam' a couple of years back? It's basically ten guys all vying for the affections of Miriam, this REALLY hot chick. But right at the end of the series, she reveals that she's a pre-op transexual and she has a (very well hidden) wang. I only watched the last episode but the looks on those faces... hysterical! They later went on to sue the programme's makers and it resulted in the show not being shown for like 6 months, but it was totally worth it.

I imagine something similar will probably happen with this show. When the trick is revealed, they're gonna be pissed... But that final episode is gonna be a killer.