PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest VIII

DarkDragoonX
11-17-2005, 01:26 AM
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

This game is fucking amazing. Despite all the graphical enhancements, it's still old-school Dragon Quest to the core. I could use an entire page to rant about how awesome it is, but I'll condense the rant into the following statement:

Perfect in every way.

So, go play it. You won't be disappointed.

Dark Entity
11-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Heh, I've actually been anticipating this one, but it's unlikely I'll get to play it, seeing as my PS2 has been out of commission for about a year due to the CD reader failing.

Daarkseid
11-22-2005, 02:02 AM
I want this game very very badly. Err.. Yeah! In the same way those characters in gauntlet need their food.

KJAZZ
11-23-2005, 01:54 AM
A friend of mine owned the Japanese version, and I watched him play through some of the game, and I decided a while ago that I would buy it when it came out.

Thing is, I haven't decided if I want to buy it now, or wait until Christmas. Hmmm...:blah:

DarkDragoonX
11-24-2005, 04:58 AM
You want it now. Such a magnificent specimen of gaming perfection cannot be put on hold.

Dark Entity
11-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Well, my bro got a new PS2, and so I picked up Dragon Quest VIII. This game is astounding! Music is fully orchestrated, voice acting is superb, character and monster animations are excellent and can be very humorous. My only complaint is that it can be difficult to navigate the World Map, although this game sports what is probably the greatest and largest map out of any RPG i've played. I have to admit it was really fun climbing to the top of the Waterfall Cave Mountain, then looking out across the world to find where to go next, though! This game packs a serious challenge, too. Don't expect to just waltz into a dungeon and beat it, you're going to have to plan each trip, and then leave provisions for returning to town. I am utterly impressed by the quality of this PS2 game, and hope that this heralds the US release of the DQV Remake.

mrz84
11-28-2005, 05:37 PM
I have yet to play this game, but I've seen it as a demo in some stores. seems like the best of the Quest series in awhile.

AlexMax
11-28-2005, 11:25 PM
I played the demo disc for a bit, and it feels almost as if someone took the 2D sprite graphics, conversations and gameplay mechanics of an oldschool 2D RPG and plopped them down unceremoniously in the middle of a 3D environment. Not to mention that the art direction really reminds of Chrono Trigger, but that's probably because the same guy did the charactor designs.

I was defenitly getting an oldschool vibe when playing it.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
11-29-2005, 08:50 AM
I want this game very very badly. Err.. Yeah! In the same way those characters in gauntlet need their food.

RED TED NEEDS DQVIII BADLY?

Anyway, this looks cool, maybe I'll pick it up. Honestly never played a DQ/DW game ;_;

KJAZZ
11-29-2005, 02:14 PM
Well, I broke down and bought it last Friday. I have to say, it is very fun to play. The only thing was that the FFXII demo was.. somewhat of the opposite. :shrug:

VT_Hokie_Fan
11-30-2005, 12:37 AM
Is it better than DQ VII? Because DQ VII was a waste of time, and I don't want to spend money on a waste of time.