PDA

View Full Version : 100 Hrs of gameplay, wow.

jessethe2nd
11-17-2005, 12:09 AM
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/view/479/1/

The website zeldauniverse.net is currently reporting that LOZ: TP has been confirmed to be over 100 Hrs of gameplay. I see why the game was postponed. Any comments.

Beldaran
11-17-2005, 12:15 AM
If it's anything like Wind Waker it's 18 hrs of gameplay and 82 hours of riding around on a giant field looking for a tiny thing in the middle of nowhere with no clues as to where it is.

jessethe2nd
11-17-2005, 12:31 AM
I seriously doubt it will be anything like WW. Granted there will be a lot of travelling but there probably will be quite a bit to do inbetween: battles, events, secret areas, minigames. Don't forget that it is supposed to have an equal amount of levels or more to OOT. I believe it will balance out. We will have to wait and see.

Orion
11-17-2005, 12:37 AM
I wouldn't put too much faith in that, given your source. Besides, who has time for 100 hours of gameplay? The delay, from what I understand, was simply to refine the gameplay, not to add length to the game.

Tygore
11-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Or maybe so they wouldn;t have to cut levels like OoT, increasing the length in the way of not decreasing it... yeah.

jessethe2nd
11-17-2005, 01:00 AM
I never said that they postponed the game to lengthen it. As tygore said it may be to finish levels as well. BTW, I did not say I believed it or not. I merely posted the article for general speculation. On a personal note, I would love to see a zelda game that long.

AtmaWeapon
11-17-2005, 01:26 AM
Besides, who has time for 100 hours of gameplay?

Lately I play games in hour-long or 2-hour-long spurts. No one has time for 100 hours of game play but that is why the save game feature was invented.

I quit paying attention to gameplay estimates a long time ago. Every Final Fantasy game was hyped at having way more gameplay than it had. FF3 was supposed to be 75+ hours from some sources and even when I spend time levelling up to ludicrous power I usually have done it all at 65 hours. The game is quite easy to beat in 40 hours and if I tried I could probably do it in 30.

"100 hours of gameplay" usually means about 20 hours of plot-important gameplay + 60 hours of sidequests, adding up to way less than what they said it would be.

Still, if the game is that big it might make up for the disappointing lack of dungeons in tWW.

ONeilcool
11-17-2005, 01:33 AM
I dont think the length really matters. Its the experiance you have playing the game that makes it good, You could have a really fun 10 hour game and if it has good replay value you could play it over and over for and unlimited amount of time. Not to say if a game is long its bad.Zelda games usually have many hours and a good gaming experiance and that just makes it even better.

Darth Marsden
11-17-2005, 05:59 AM
I dont think the length really matters. Its the experiance you have playing the game that makes it good, You could have a really fun 10 hour game and if it has good replay value you could play it over and over for and unlimited amount of time. Not to say if a game is long its bad.Zelda games usually have many hours and a good gaming experiance and that just makes it even better.Well said. Remember the Max Payne series? Short but very, VERY sweet. And Beyond Good and Evil was fiarly short as well, I believe, as well as Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. You don't have to make a game hideously long to make it great - you just have to make it fun to play.

But still, 100 hours? There goes all my free time...

vegeta1215
11-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Yeah, 100 hours is a crazy number for any game.

I think the only games I've put that much time into (that I can remember) are Final Fantasy V and Pokemon Red and Gold. I'm sure Twilight Princess will come in around 20-30 hours of gameplay for a regular play through, maybe a little longer if you want to try and get everything. That's a good length for a game these days.

MacWeirdo42
11-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Well, the issue with short games is, the gameplay itself needs to be awesome, and it needs to not be very plot-focused. If the story is a major aspect of the game, then playing it over and over again is horrible and boring, even if it's really fun, because you already know what's going to happen. On the other hand, something like Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow never gets old... Can't even count how many times I've played through it.

ZeldaLord
11-17-2005, 12:28 PM
I remember reading that Miyamoto himself was not please with the Triforce quest at the end of WW, but they didn't have time to change it. So hopefully this delay will mean that any tedious bits like that will be taken out before release.

AlexMax
11-17-2005, 12:59 PM
This game had better give me a blowjob after the dissapointment that was WInd Waker.

DarkFlameWolf
11-17-2005, 02:41 PM
I'd be very surprised and maybe a bit happy if I opened up the Twilight Princess case and found two Gamecube discs in there. lol

copsgotguns
11-18-2005, 12:30 AM
please dont remind me of windwaker...i could have something much better with that $20 (plus tax)