PDA

View Full Version : 8 weeks left in Paradise

Brasel
11-16-2005, 08:59 AM
I have 8 weeks left in Iraq. I can't believe this year has gone by so fast. Its already almost December.

The past couple weeks have been pretty uneventful action wise, which is good. One big problem I'm faced with is that my MOS (military occupational specialty, or my job) is being phased out. I'm going to have to change my job within the next year, meaning I have to go back to training for somewhere around 5 months. The problem with this is that it won't be at Ft. Stewart where I'm stationed at, so that apartment I just got probably won't get any use and I'll be paying for it anyway. On top of that? My wife will not be able to come with me...I'm so sick of not being able to be with Tera. And if thats not enough, I'll have to extend my time in service by another 6 months at minimum. If I don't make a decision of what I want to do with my MOS within the next couple of months, I'll be changed to whatever the army needs...what does the army need? Infantry. Groan. I didn't sign up for that, and I refuse to do it. I don't have many options...we'll just have to see what happens.

On a better note, I might have mentioned this before. My mom is getting married. I don't know the guy very well, because I've been over here all year...but he seems like a good guy from what my siblings have told me.

Theres my update...hopefully the next one I do I'll be doing it from the States.

biggiy05
11-16-2005, 01:31 PM
It's been almost a year already? Where did all the time go?

Your coming home from Iraq which is a very good thing, Bladen is a year old now. Christmas is almost here already. Jeez everything is moving to fast.

Anyways congrats on almost serving your whole tour.