PDA

View Full Version : ZC "Alpha" (3rd Quest) help

Link648689Ti
11-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Hello. I am new here, so I've got a question regarding the Zelda Classic v2.10 (Windows version of XP Home)... when I played TLOZ 3rd quest, I could not find the white sword (2nd upgrade from the wooden sword), but I did find the Magical Sword. Do you have any idea where the white sword is? I'm having a hard time beating the blue darknuts (those tough blue-colored enemies that has a sword on its right and shield on its left; if you know what I mean). So... do you have any ideas of what I am talking about and where it might be located? For example, I DO know where the white sword is located in the 1st and 2nd quests of TLOZ game, so... but again, not sure where it is located in the 3rd quest ("alpha"). Thanks!

Link648689Ti

ZLegend
11-16-2005, 03:53 PM
I had trouble finding the white sword too, it's located where level 2 is in the first quest (level 3 in the second quest). Use bombs at the top of the screen, roughly in the center. That pond threw me off cause I thought you needed to use the whistle on that screen so I didn't even bother to check there with bombs until after I tried the whistle and nothing happened.

Link648689Ti
11-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Well, thanks a million! If I was rich, I'd give a million bucks to you! Ha ha. :laughing: Just kidding.

Anyway.. thanks for your help. Well, I was "powerless" after trying to defeat level 3 (in the 3rd quest) because that one particular room had a horde of blue darknuts (whatever it's called in the real game) and those pesky four "statues" that spits out "circular" beams at Link. Wished I had both a ladder and a raft because I need to get more hearts to stay stronger in tougher levels. If you need help on some hints, just reply back; and, I'll be able to help you out. Thanks again!!

Link648689Ti

Link648689Ti
11-17-2005, 01:42 AM
Ok... I guess I was wrong when I thought I didn't want more additional help... well, I do need help on another item or two... the first one is locating the letter (as opposed to finding maps in dungeons). Eventhough I found Levels 4, 7, and 8 myself, I am not sure where level(s) 5 and 6 are, but I guess I'll try to find them in any case, but... if not, I'll post back here. Thanks!

Link648689Ti

LinkMaster500
11-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Link648689Ti:

Don't worry about Level 6 just yet, as you need Level 5's treasure to get there.

One other note: Please do not double post. Instead use the edit button to edit postings. You said you were new to ZC, so you probably didn't know that. Now you do.

LavaBall
11-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Link648689Ti:

Don't worry about Level 6 just yet, as you need Level 5's treasure to get there.

One other note: Please do not double post. Instead use the edit button to edit postings. You said you were new to ZC, so you probably didn't know that. Now you do.

UNLESS He/She Has been onto other forums,He/She Knows but the guy is new anyway so lets not blame the new member

Link648689Ti
11-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks, Lavabell for the warning. I'd like to ask if there would be maps of the 3rd Quest overworld, including maps of Levels 1 to 9, Heart Container locations, rupee "ripoffs", etc...?
Would I get those maps online (other than ZC.com) if possible? I'll give it a try and see if I can come up with such things. If not, oh well. Any suggestions?

Link648689Ti

rocksfan13
11-18-2005, 11:59 AM
There are maps. You have to look for the thread that contains the link to casadealpha in order to find them.

I personally don't remember where it is.

LinkMaster500
11-18-2005, 01:14 PM
The maps on AlphaDawg's web site do not show where on the overworld the Heart Container rooms, door repairs, secret cash rooms, etc... are, but if you still want them, I've got copies, so if you want them, send a PM to me.

Link648689Ti
11-19-2005, 03:37 AM
Hi. Sure, I'd like that. Yeah, I don't mind not having Heart Containers, "door repair" charges, etc... not shown on the map, but perhaps provide maps of the 3rd quest dungeon maps; that'll help. For some reason, I cannot beat Level(s) 6 and 7 because it seems like I'm going through a "loop" and I can't find a way to get from "Point A" to "Point B" in Level 6 because, once I get to different rooms with staircases, they pretty much goes back to just 1 screen up from Level 6's entrance. I am not sure about level 7 because I don't know how to finish off the game (but I do have the items for both Levels 6 and 7). Any suggestions or ideas? By the way, when you talk about 3rd quest maps, are you going to post the URL (or something) or what? Thanks!

Link648689Ti

To Rocksfan13, can you please clarify your comment/statement so I can better understand what you're talking about? (Yes, I know you're talking about 3rd quest maps, but are you saying that I have to do a search on the web for that? Thanks!)

LinkMaster500
11-19-2005, 08:35 AM
As far as a URL goes, Does anyone have a working link to AlphaDawg's web site because there was a time when the site is down. When the site was still up and running, that's when I downloaded his dungeon maps onto my computer hard drive. I know there is a place to download his tutorial, but I'm talking about his web site.

Otherwise, I know another way: Send me a PM and I can send copies of the dungeon maps to you either through the private message or through regular e-mail.

As far as a hint for Level 6, go to the room four screens north of the entrance and bomb up. In these latter levels, it will be very important to try walking through walls, bombing, and pushing every block in every room.

vegeta1215
11-19-2005, 10:38 AM
AlphaDawg's site has been down for quite a while now :( I hope some of the content from it will be available sometime though, cause it was really helpful to me when I played the 3rd Quest.

Nyeshet
11-19-2005, 09:45 PM
The waybackmachine won't give you access to the dungeon maps, but the text is readily seen - for the tutorial, the quests, etc. Try this link:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://casadealphadawg.com/zc/o3q/index.html

Note that the Quest 3 map for Level 1 works normally (due to being html rather than just a single .gif image).

I wish his faq had also been recorded at the time the record was taken (Oct, 04).

Out of curiosity, why is his site down?

- - - - -
Correction, a few of the map links do work. Just not the ones for the FAQ, level 3, level 9, or the overworld. . . . in any of the recordings of his website.

Level 1 (http://web.archive.org/web/20040317043756/casadealphadawg.com/zc/o3q/maps/level1.html) (a clickable image map, w/ info for each room)
Level 2 (http://web.archive.org/web/20030129002922/casadealphadawg.com/zc/o3q/maps/level2.gif)
Level 4 (http://web.archive.org/web/20030128235108/casadealphadawg.com/zc/o3q/maps/level4.gif)
Level 5 (http://web.archive.org/web/20030424075643/casadealphadawg.com/zc/o3q/maps/level5.gif)
Level 6 (http://web.archive.org/web/20030129001203/casadealphadawg.com/zc/o3q/maps/level6.gif)
Level 7 (http://web.archive.org/web/20030129002046/casadealphadawg.com/zc/o3q/maps/level7.gif)
Level 8 (http://web.archive.org/web/20030129002810/casadealphadawg.com/zc/o3q/maps/level8.gif)

These are just maps - they do not show the secrets, the monsters in the rooms, the items, etc, but they could be of some help.

- - - - -
Okay, wow, just forget everything I wrote above. Here is a link to another copy of his site: http://host05.ipowerweb.com/~alphadaw/zc/index.html ("")

All the maps, the faq, etc is there, although I admit I do not know if the link is the most recent version of his site or just an older edition of it that is still up.

Hmm, it must be an older site, for the ZQ tutorial is not present. Ah well, that can be found (albeit missing a few screenshots) via the waybackmachine site.

Link648689Ti
11-20-2005, 03:53 AM
Hi again. I guess I need your help this time, only for Level 5 (3rd quest, of course). Before I say this, thank you very much for the dungeon map help! :D

However, I've run into a problem for Level 5: I am unable to get the Magical Boomerang at all (whether by walking through walls in all directions, killing enemies, or pushing every block)... If you look at the level 5 map, the magicial boomerang should be located (from entrance) left one screen, left (or up) one screen), up (or left) one screen, left one screen to get to the stairs; from the stairs, down one screen, down one screen, left one screen, left one screen, down one screen (where you get the raft), down one screen, and right one screen (where I thought you'd either bomb or walk through south wall, but I couldn't; couldn't bomb either)... The room which has a large pool of "lava" is neither walkable or reachable to the north side of the same screen, since there's a door to its left. The one 4 screens from the stairs.. I could neither bomb or walk through walls. I'm stuck on exactly how to get the magical boomerang. Help! Thanks.

Link648689Ti

LinkMaster500
11-20-2005, 07:19 PM
From the Level 5 entrance, go up, left, and up again. You'll be in a room with a shutter on the left, blocks and Darknuts. Defeat the Darknuts, then take a passageway found by pushing a block. You'll end up in that room with a large "lava pool--this time on the north side. Then you can enter the door to the left. Defeat the Gleeok, and the Magic Boomerang is yours.

Link648689Ti
11-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Thanks a million again! That helps because I knew I was missing another item in Level 5 (since I already got the Raft there).

Another "help" here: In Level 7, just 2 rooms east of the triforce shard, how do I avoid the red bubbles before I face the 4-headed Gleeok? (But prior to that red-bubble-infested room, there are blue ones 1 screen down and left from where I pointed out.) It's hard for me to defeat them if one (or more) of those red bubbles touches me (Link in the game) and I'd be swordless to defeat the 4-headed Gleeok. If that's the case, would the magic wand work (in place of the sword, if again, the red bubble(s) touch me in that room (top-right corner of the map)? It's a lot harder than I thought to avoid all of those red bubbles! :P Oh well. Thanks a lot again! :D

Oops.. one more thing: Magic Wand? How do I get there in Level 7? Thanks!

Link648689Ti

LinkMaster500
11-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Do you have potions yet? Drinking a potion will give you your sword back as well as refill your life, so you won't have to face the 4-headed Gleeok swordless.

I'm sure that this is the path to the Wand: From the entrance, go up, right twice, then up again. Take the passageway to a room in the "cross region." Then bomb down to the Wand room.

Yes, the Wand will work against the Gleeok.