PDA

View Full Version : Slash help for Pure

Aegix Drakan
11-14-2005, 04:00 PM
OK, I've just switched from newfirst to Pure. End of the world for my quest. I'm starting over again.

could someone please tell me how to set Link's slash tiles? they do not work right, and I have no clue which tile to select to get it working. (All I see now are random object cycling at high speeds)

Which tile do I select to enable Link's slash action?

[Edit] I also think the tileset's color is off. The basic trees look red instead of green in overworld colors.

Please help!

Freedom
11-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Graphics>sprites>weapons/misc is where you load the slash tiles, look at the 2.10 test quest if you need to.

Level palettes change with each dmap, so the trees may look good in one and terrible in another.
place a combo on a screen, go into data>palette and choose the palette for that screen, and then when testing it in zelda classic make sure you have that same palette assigned to the dmap that warps you to that screen.
level palettes are csets 2, 3, 4, and 9

DeFray
11-14-2005, 04:55 PM
You can push, uh, I think it's F4 to see what a screen will look like in a different Level Pallette.
Keep in mind that this is only to see what it would look like, and only works in ZQuest. The F4 method doesn't actually change the pallette the player will see; DMap options are the only way to change the pallette when you play the quest.

fire dragon
11-15-2005, 09:52 AM
You can push, uh, I think it's F4 to see what a screen will look like in a different Level Pallette.
Keep in mind that this is only to see what it would look like, and only works in ZQuest. The F4 method doesn't actually change the pallette the player will see; DMap options are the only way to change the pallette when you play the quest.

Defray is right.I use this only when I make dungeons,because it is easier see what kind screen really is.Look slash tiles placement somewhere else quest,example Newfirst,or load new tileset,like Pure Tileset updated extreme.

DeFray
11-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Incidentally, which Pure are you using, Aegix? If you're starting fresh, you might as well make sure you've got the most recent version of Pure. ;)

Aegix Drakan
11-15-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm using the one from PureZc.com. but it doesn't really matter. I've decided that since I've come more than halfway with my quest, I'll stick with newfirst. I WILL however use pure for my nest quest.

BTW, I have copy-pasted all the information you've given me into my computer.

Thanks a lot guys.

koopa
11-15-2005, 03:32 PM
For pure tileset users, just rename the pure tileset .qst file, delete the demo screens, and use that to make your quest. It has the slash tiles etc. correctly set up already.

Aegix Drakan
11-15-2005, 03:35 PM
For pure tileset users, just rename the pure tileset .qst file, delete the demo screens, and use that to make your quest. It has the slash tiles etc. correctly set up already.

actually, It doesn't have the slash tiles set up right! I did exaclty what you said koopa, but the slash tile didn't work.