PDA

View Full Version : Quick Sims Question

Monica
11-12-2005, 06:37 PM
I have the original Sims PC game and all 7 expansions. I had a family who lived in the Vanilla Home but it got waaaaaay too crowded after I bought a bunch of stuff, so I evicted them and moved them into Happy Trail which had a lot more room, but they didn't bring any of their possessions to the new house, although they kept their jobs and all their skill points. I'm just wondering if there is a way to bring their stuff when they move? Thanks. :)

biggiy05
11-12-2005, 07:11 PM
I have the original Sims PC game and all 7 expansions. I had a family who lived in the Vanilla Home but it got waaaaaay too crowded after I bought a bunch of stuff, so I evicted them and moved them into Happy Trail which had a lot more room, but they didn't bring any of their possessions to the new house, although they kept their jobs and all their skill points. I'm just wondering if there is a way to bring their stuff when they move? Thanks. :)

I *think* that all the objects stay in the house and you have to either use the stuff in the new house you move into or buy new things.

Darth Marsden
11-13-2005, 06:07 AM
Yeah, you can't transfer stuff over. You'll have to buy new things, sadly. But then I'm sure you can afford it. Remember 'Rosebud'.

Monica
11-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh, ok, thanks y'all...that's not really realistic though, when people move, they don't start over from scratch! O_O And, I'm sorry, what is Rosebud? I've only started playing 3 weeks ago...

Gerudo
11-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Rosebud is a cheat code that gives you 1000 currency in the game.

i remember playing The Sims... alot of people were really into it, and in this case probably still are.

Monica
11-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Ahhh thanks, Gerudo, I never use cheats, it just kills the gameplay. ^_^ I just got my new graphics card and wanted to try a new computer game, and since I can't play MMORPGs, I thought I could give the Sims a try. I got the Mega Deluxe for $39 and the expansions by theirselves were $9.97 so I had the whole set in a few days, and it was a good deal. :)

Darth Marsden
11-13-2005, 03:12 PM
It's not cheating if you give yourself juuuuuuuust enough to buy exactly the same furniture. It's 'correcting a game's flaws'. ;)

And as near as I can gather, that's around $70. or is it $80? Awful lot of money just for one game. But that's just my thoughts.

ShadowTiger
11-13-2005, 03:46 PM
You have to remember to buy the combination packs. They're almost always worth it. Hell, I once found a Morrowind Combo Pack (Both Expansions and Morrowind) for the same price as any of the three on their own! :p I felt so guilty buying it. XD )

The thing I hate the most about The Sims, is that the response time is hideous. You could tell your Sim to do one then, then do another, ... then cancel the first action, but that Sim will remain doing that first action for quite some time. By that time, it's often too late. I've missed so incredibly many phone calls that way. :-z

Monica
11-13-2005, 05:27 PM
It's not cheating if you give yourself juuuuuuuust enough to buy exactly the same furniture. It's 'correcting a game's flaws'. ;)

And as near as I can gather, that's around $70. or is it $80? Awful lot of money just for one game. But that's just my thoughts.

That's why I got the Mega Deluxe, The game + Livin' Large, House Party, and Hot Date for $39, then the other four, Vacation, Unleashed, Superstar and Making Magic for $9.97 each. How much would it have been if I had gotten JUST the Sims for $50 and ALL 7 expansions for about $19 each? See my point? ^_^ PC games are tricky like that. :)

Oh yes, if you put it THAT way...I might give it a shot, just to get my stuff back, of course. :saint:

ShadowTiger
11-13-2005, 05:41 PM
By the way, about how much content do the expansions add? :) ... Yes, what does each add to the game? Any new features besides objects?

How do you leave your neighborhood?

SeirraMist
11-13-2005, 05:53 PM
The sims... I still dont get how people can play that for one day... I could only last 2 days on it like this:

First day great, making a new house (using Rosebud, but I just wanted to experiance having a good house) like almost PERFECT to my dreams with a nifty pool in the backyard and a little indoor bar for parties. I deiceded to live that out for about 15 days (game time) then I threw a party and all was going well until the bonfire dieced to set my stuff on fire... I jumped around trying to put it out and guess what happens? My guy catches on fire and dies.
So my second house I build is a little less dream made, and made without using cheats. I was able to survive for 32 days on this account, then because I forgot to pay my bills the dude came and took some of my stuff... unfourtnatly for me, he took the fire alarm without me relizing it. So I went to cook my meal, oven started on fire, tryed to put it out, and my guy caught on fire AGAIN.
At this point I slammed the mouse agaist the pad and went to bed with a little rain cloud hovering above my head.
Next day I actually play it, I decide to make it more intersting with MoveObjects_On the most wonderous cheat ever. I delete the mailbox, thereby ending taxes and annoying mail, and I make my one and only People museum (I made little boxes no doors, all windows, one toilet one bed, and a tv. Invited everyone over and picked them up and put them inside. Unfourtatly again they dident do anything but yell about there bieng no door. Dang npcs. So then I let them all free and decide to make a short picture movie with lots of gnomes. I make about 60 gnomes and then put them all in the street for my footage, but my guy gets the munchies and I go to cook dinner quickly. YET AGAIN it catches on fire BUT this time I decide to let the fireman come... forgetting I had about 60 gnomes in the street blocking him... So by the time I actually move all of them the fire has spread to half my house and is burning EVERYTHING. He jumps in and I figure now that the firemans here it should be safe right? NOPE! While I help him put the fire out, I start on fire and guess what? HE IGNORES ME TO PUT OUT THE T.V.!!!!! MY GUY IS SITTING NEXT TO HIM BURNING WHILE HE IGNORES ME FOR THE T.V.!!!

Needless to say I dont think Ive played the Sims since.

Darth Marsden
11-14-2005, 05:26 AM
As well as new items, some expansions add new jobs, some allow you to leave the neighbourhood and some give you pets! Guess which one is which.

Livin' Large - New Items
House Party -- New Items
Hot Date - New Neighbourhood (& Items)
On Vacation - New Neighbourhood (& Items)
Superstar - New Jobs (& Items)
Makin' Magic - New Items
Unleashed - New Pets (& Items)

I can't remember how you access the new areas. I think you call a taxi to the Hot Date area, but I've no idea about the On Vacation one.

Lutraphobiac
11-14-2005, 09:54 AM
...Stuff...

Never cook until about level 8 in cooking. When you are level 1 a fire starts everytime.

I liked the game but always seemed to be more interested in creating the house than actually playing the character.