PDA

View Full Version : Life of a Mercenary.

Sir_Johnamus
11-12-2005, 03:36 PM
I originally posted this as On Yonder, but it disappeared(???).

What is your vision of a perfect dungeon?
How bout an overworld?

I want this to be memorable quest, so I will try to include as much of them as possible.

DarkFlameWolf
11-12-2005, 04:51 PM
For both: interconnectivity is key. I love being able to see a bunch of places in the beginning of the game but never having access, and only, slowly but surely, revealing the overworld/dungeon as you progress into it. With each new item you acquire, you uncover more of what you were able to see. I also like have dungeons backtrack on themselves without having the player actually 'back-tracking' to do so. Just the interconnectivity is the fun aspect of quest designing for me.

Sir_Johnamus
11-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Me to. The overworld is like that in Tales of Symphonia, and beating level 1 opens the paths to levels 2, 5, and 9. Level 14 is part of 1, so you have to beat 2-13 to get to it. The story will also unfold.
People who have helped: (this list will grow)
DarkFlameWolf

rocksfan13
11-14-2005, 08:07 AM
I like it when it seems like the characters are being more personal. Having a room full of people and hearing what each person has to say.

Having mini plots is a good idea. Having to go on a smaller quest within the story in order to obtain something crutial like an item or information, but not straying too far from the original story line. Like helping someone find someone or something they lost and receiving a reward for it.

Having unique graphics is also a key. People don't want to see the same old graphics they have already seen 10 times before.

Sir_Johnamus
11-18-2005, 11:08 PM
I have current character names:
Tamashii Yamamono,
Higeki Likekin,
Nami Watar,
Namune Namadit,
Unknown,
and that elf guy,
Johnamus Machaun.
I named my user name after him because he's the most powerful.
FYI: None of these characters were copied in any way from anywhere.

Aegix Drakan
11-24-2005, 10:43 AM
I hear ya Rocsfan! I am doing something like that in my quest. I have a place where you have to listen in on a large conversation for a clue to reach the next dungeon.

I also have a village of people who are being oppressed by their king, and later, you must take down said king to continue with the quest.

Sir_Johnamus
11-26-2005, 11:28 AM
You have to fight alot in this quest, and most of the rulers are tyrants, so you should be able to know what to do...
Story thus far:
The world of Hyrule is in war. The 8 kings have vowed to destroy anyone who stop their rule. The rebellions have all been found and stopped. Then Tamashii went back to Hyrule castle(he has already been banned from there) and tried to get revenge on the first king.

EDIT:Hello?