PDA

View Full Version : Mmorpg

Vivionsho
11-12-2005, 12:37 PM
I am looking for a new MMORPG to play, I have already played Guild Wars and I am trying out Gunz online but I would like to know some other peoples opinions before i buy one.

I was thinking of buying Final Fantasy XI but I dont know if it's worth it, and World of Warcraft seems cool but every says it sucks :odd:.

If you have any suggestions please post them here!

DarkDragoonX
11-12-2005, 01:16 PM
World of Warcraft? Suck? "Everybody" says so? I don't know who this "everybody" is, but they're goddamn morons. WoW is excellent. It is perhaps the best MMO ever made (although DAoC could put up a good fight).

Seriously, before you listen to the naysayers, remember that WoW is by far the most popular MMO in the world. It wouldn't be if it "sucked."

Lord Cheese
11-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Popularity doesn't equal quality... The Halo series in my opinion was okay. There are loads better games, but It became quite popular among Xbox owners.

DarkDragoonX
11-12-2005, 04:03 PM
I never said that popularity was equal to quality. I simply stated that WoW would not be as popular as it is if it "sucked."

Archibaldo
11-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Definitely go with WoW. If you think it sucks you deserve a kick to the face by Chuck Norris.

Dechipher
11-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Chuck Norris is a bitch.

Vivionsho
11-15-2005, 10:32 AM
World of Warcraft? Suck? "Everybody" says so? I don't know who this "everybody" is, but they're goddamn morons. WoW is excellent. It is perhaps the best MMO ever made (although DAoC could put up a good fight).

Seriously, before you listen to the naysayers, remember that WoW is by far the most popular MMO in the world. It wouldn't be if it "sucked."

Whats DAoC? and the nay sayers are the people that switched from WoW to GW.

DarkDragoonX
11-15-2005, 11:32 AM
DAoC stands for "Dark Age of Camelot." It's quite good, particularily if you enjoy large-scale PvP (I'm talking a couple hundred people at once).

Anyhoo, Guild Wars is pretty good as well, but it's not really an MMO. It's more like a RPG deathmatch with a little bit of single player thrown in. If you want 90% PvP, Guild Wars is an excellent choice.

Tygore
11-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Try Maple Story (http://mapleglobal.com). It's fun, and it's free. I currently play on the Bera server.