PDA

View Full Version : New hand drawed tileset?

fire dragon
11-12-2005, 11:50 AM
I got sometime ago idea,what if I start make tileset using pen and paper,and then scan them?Then I grab them,and color in ZC.
It is good idea?I don't know yet,what parts I draw myself,because I guess,that I don't draw example dungeon walls,but who knows?
But I don't know,if anyone want use something like that tileset would be.Many peoples like more tilesets what is ripped from some game.It can take long.But what you think?Could I do it?And if I start making it,do anyone have tile wishes?

ZeldaLord
11-12-2005, 12:32 PM
It wouldn't work because you can only have 16 color tiles.

fire dragon
11-12-2005, 12:45 PM
I don't understand,what you mean.I color them in ZQ!Tiles are black and white,when I scan them.I mean,that I draw tiles using pen,not color them using pens.

Orion
11-12-2005, 02:30 PM
I thought about doing this once, but I lacked the patience to do it. Might be interesting if done right.

Yoshiman
11-12-2005, 05:42 PM
This could probably be very nice if done right, but keep in mind that you'll have to shrink down the drawings. Getting them to look nice in ZC is probably your biggest obstacle. And like ZeldaLord said, you only have 16 colours to work with. It's possible, but probably somewhat difficult.

However, for one of my quests that I'm working on (very slowly until I get some inspiration) I'm planning to draw some of the cutscenes. They're just single-frame pictures, though. Animating them would be a real pain.

What I do is draw the thing out first on paper, go over it in ink, resize, and then clean up the lines. What I mean by this is only have two colours for the whole image: Black and white, not greyscale. Then, import it into ZQuest and colour it from there. It takes a long time, but it looks good if done right.

fire dragon
11-13-2005, 02:49 AM
I meaned just that!I think just same that you.I draw lines using ink,and then scan black&white style.Then scanner takes only black and white colors,so my pens grey scales don't show.And I know when you resize pictures,if they are black and white,and have only thin lines,it don't get really bad.I know that,because I scanned before some tiles to my quest.