PDA

View Full Version : Trent Reznor in Concert

Toolie
11-11-2005, 05:34 PM
At 18, I'm a deprived and uncultured individual. I had yet to go to a concert until last Sunday, when at the Wachovia Arena here in Wilkes-Barre I saw Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, and something-or-the-other nineteen seventy something. I forgot their name. Fuck them.

Anyway, I had a blast. Since none of my liberal cofeehouse bookstore intellectual fucks of friends enjoy anything hardcore that isn't "Blood Brothers", I ended up being the bum that went by msyelf. Who cares, I ended up having a blast with people there. I was up front center the entire time, most of the time just three to five people behind the rail. For "Hurt" I actually was actually directly up front in the middle, closest fan to Trent there, while he gave one of the most amazing performances for that song I've ever heard.

Anyway, concerts rock. Oh, and for those who are the goons of this board (Jigglysaint, Starkist, CoolPants#14051, I'm drinking heavily right now. So I'll talk to any choad that want to talk about anything nerdy. Goons.

Beldaran
11-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Check out my av bro.

NIN rocks. Concerts rock. I've seen some good concerts. My favorite was Van Halen in '98 at the Gorge in Washington State. [head bangs]

They Might Be Giants are great live too. I really wanted to see NIN in San Antonio but alas my wallet was light.

Lilith
11-13-2005, 12:55 AM
That sounds awesome. I've always wanted to see them in concert but the tickets sell out so damn fast here and I'm shitty with keeping up with things...maybe sometime. I love concerts too, I saw Bauhaus last week and jammed. Unfortunately my concert-buddy waited until I was there to be all "I don't like crowds, wah wah wah" etc. Well fuck that, I don't like crowds when I'm shopping or chilling but if I'm at a concert I WANT TO ROCK. It's ok though, I still rocked out.

Jigglysaint
11-13-2005, 05:36 PM
My brother had the chance to go to one of their concerts last night. I can't say I am a fan of 9-inch Nails, but my bro sure is.

VT_Hokie_Fan
11-13-2005, 07:16 PM
I've been wanting to go to a NIN concert for years. Unfortunately, I'm only 15 and my parents fucking hate me, so I haven't been able to make it to one. If they come to Richmond, I'm gonna do my best to go. Trent Reznor is my hero.

Goat
11-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Ive never been a huge fan of NIN, but I do for whatever reason have all of their albums, their ok i guess. I love concerts! I've kept every single tickets stub of every convert I've ever attended, I've been to 63 concerts. Last one I went to was Seether and 30 seconds to mars last saturday, we drove almost 6 hours for it, and it was good. THe band I've seen the most is Chevelle, at 6. They put on such a bad ass show, and I absolutely love their shit, and they come around here so often, they also give me wood, which is nice. See toolbelt I told you you would have a great time.

Dechipher
11-13-2005, 11:57 PM
NIN = OK.

QOTSA = Much much better.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Lilith
11-14-2005, 08:04 AM
QOTSA's music isn't near as creative and influenctial as NIN's has been, even if their frontman is less angsty. gg.

AlexMax
11-14-2005, 08:05 AM
I need to get out more....going to see NiN live sounds like it would be an amazing experience.

Beldaran
11-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Since I don't speak Acronymish, can someone please tell me what QOTSA is and can they also grow a brain stem and start using english?

Glitch
11-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Since I don't speak Acronymish, can someone please tell me what QOTSA is and can they also grow a brain stem and start using english?

Queens of the Stone Age. Would be even better if the people who are quick to be a dick would grow a brain cell and put 2 and 2 together. *points the the original post*

Beldaran
11-15-2005, 01:07 AM
I'm not going to go out of my way and hunt down acronyms because people are too mentally deficient to type out whole words.

biggiy05
11-15-2005, 02:47 AM
I have only been to one concert. It was Linkin Park with story of the year and P.O.D. and I misses story of the year completely which sucked but it was worth it. I got to briefly meet Linkin Park and get a shirt signed and ask a few questions. Chester liked my firefighter shirt and asked me if I wanted to trade jobs for the night.

First time I went moshing and I got kicked into a guard and that hurt like hell but it was cool. Crowd surfing was the best thing ever. I loved it and went back for more.

I was gonna go to the System of A Down concert but that was cancelled because I ended up in the hospital.

Lilith
11-15-2005, 03:10 AM
I'm not going to go out of my way and hunt down acronyms because people are too mentally deficient to type out whole words.

Lol@your constant NO U-ing instead of "yeah I didn't read the post" hurr.

Beldaran
11-15-2005, 03:35 AM
Lol@your constant NO U-ing instead of "yeah I didn't read the post" hurr.

Again, I'm not going to spend time reading different posts out of chronological order just so someone can save three tenths of a second by writing the completely unintelligble "QOTSA". Language is not meant to be a jigsaw puzzle in which the speed with which you "solve" people's acronyms demonstrates your hipness pop culture sensibility.

When you use acronyms, you are decreasing the effeciency of your communication and I won't tolerate such idiotic behavior. I certainly won't go out of my way to deciper it, beyond asking for clarification and making it known I think people who use acronyms are being morons.

Also, Queens of the Stone Age is a shitty ass band with knob slobbing music and no talent.

Also, I've never heard their music. But I know they must suck because of how popular they are, and because of how stupid their name is.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
11-15-2005, 05:47 PM
OMG GUYS REBEL AGAINST THE POPULAR BANDZ

Not saying that QOTSA doesn't kinda suck, but that's pretty damn lame.

Toolie
11-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Wow, not only did you guys agree with me that concerts can rock, but you also helped show me how much AGN can suck. What a fucking waste. Someone close this.

Lilith
11-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Again, I'm not going to spend time reading different posts out of chronological order just so someone can save three tenths of a second by writing the completely unintelligble "QOTSA". Language is not meant to be a jigsaw puzzle in which the speed with which you "solve" people's acronyms demonstrates your hipness pop culture sensibility.

When you use acronyms, you are decreasing the effeciency of your communication and I won't tolerate such idiotic behavior. I certainly won't go out of my way to deciper it, beyond asking for clarification and making it known I think people who use acronyms are being morons.

Also, Queens of the Stone Age is a shitty ass band with knob slobbing music and no talent.

Also, I've never heard their music. But I know they must suck because of how popular they are, and because of how stupid their name is.

TAKE A FUCKING MIDOL SON

rants are only funny when they're on target :(

Dechipher
11-15-2005, 11:51 PM
NIN QOTSA

QOTSA has interesting music. They're semi-popular, sure, but for once it's not becuase they sound like every other band out there.

Just because something's popular doesn't mean it's the same. I'm not much of an NIN fan, and I feel QOTSA is better, but I would say CKY is my favorite band.