PDA

View Full Version : A new song, REALLY need some help here...

War Lord
11-11-2005, 03:15 AM
I finished what is perhaps my best song thus far, "Have You Ever".

I need it boosted on soundclick's charts, so this is where your help comes in. However I'd also like some feedback from people that aren't into rap. I know the majority of you here absolutely are not into rap, so this is a good place for out of genre feedback. If you don't like it, good, everyone doesn't like every song they here, but what don't you like?

http://www.soundclick.com/gangstadick

If you are on dial up, let it load, it'll play a low quality version automatically for you.
If you're on broadband, click Play Hi-Fi on the song's box, it'll play the good quality version for you.

I'd appreciate it and let me know what you think, I'm quite proud of it, and a lot of time and effort went into that particular song. Everything in it is true and has happened. Not the easiest thing to stick my life out there like that, but I'm becoming comfortable with it, and it's actually nice to be able to get it out there like that. I have a lot of work to do to start doing something with this rap stuff, but each song I've been doing is better than the previous. Makes me wonder where I'd be if I hadn't stopped before.

Gerudo
11-11-2005, 03:32 AM
mooie pointed this out to me. this is (imo) your best song yet, too bad its inspired by whatever happened.

keep on makin music, you have many supporters. :thumbsup:

Darth Marsden
11-11-2005, 05:00 AM
This owns. Definately your best so far. Loking forward to your next release, which I hope won't be inspired by your own life. ;)

Beldaran
11-11-2005, 06:02 AM
I don't listen to rap, and I don't know jack about what makes it good or bad, so take my comments with salt.

Maybe I'm totally off my rocker, but I can sort of tell you are just a bit uncomfortable... or perhsp, unaccustomed is a better word, to putting yourself "out there" lyrically. Your rhythm is good and over all it sounds good, but it lacks a sort of heartfelt intensity. Have you ever heard like, a really good blues guitar player? You can feel what he's feeling when he plays. Eminem is good at this. Just the tone and intensity of his voice makes you feel what he's feeling even without the words.

Even though this is good and there's nothing wrong witht he production values or lyrical composition, I would say that I can tell it sounds like a person recording a rap song rather than a person who's telling me to sit the fuck down listen to what he has to say.

So overall, good job. Just think about adding more "Hey bitch I'm talking to yo ass!" feeling to your delivery.

Please note that I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

moocow
11-11-2005, 09:56 AM
Write a song about me and how big of a bar pimp I am. Haha, kidding.

Okay, so I've rated it hot and I've let damn near anyone who enters my house listen to it (pretty much just freshmen girls, who better to ask an opinion on music than people who listen to it 24/7?) who've all like, fallen in love with you (which is quite creepy to be honest). So yeah, I've got 14/15/16 year old girls begging ME to buy them D-Squad t-shirts, and begging ME to make them a GD cd, even though I can't. It's starting to get annoying, actually. Omg, I hate you.

Just kidding. But the majority of my sister's female friends like it, I don't let her male friends in my room. Um, my mom likes it (and she hates rap, haha), but she's also in love with you too...

Regardless, it's your best yet, and from here you can only continue to get better. Great job, GD, you totally rock some socks off. Oh and hayhay, I'm your biggest fan, woopwoop. ;)

Ich
11-11-2005, 11:18 AM
I don't know, I've always been a fan of the song "Heartbeats or Not" and still consider that your best work.