PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Link sprites.

Otto Halmen
11-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Hello!

I have got a problem with the Pure Tileset.

After downloading it, I opened the PureTileset.qst file, saved a graphics pack file from it, and loaded it to a new quest. Everything went fine, I was amazed by the quality of the drawings.

However, when I test the quest, the sprites of Link are incorrect. So I decided to fix the problem with the editor.

I open the Link menu in the sprites menu in the quest menu to be able to fix the sprites (like I have fixed Weapons/Misc sprites and got them working before). I realize that the sprites are, in deed, incorrectly specified.

But when I click on the boxes to change the tile, it turns into something completely different than which I chose from the tileset. Even worse, if I picked the same tile for two sprites, they would show different, so tracking the correct tiles would take too long time for me. (I'm a Mac user and thus not used to such things.)

And, the manual mentions NOTHING about the Link section.

I use ZC 2.10, and the graphics pack was designed for 1.92, so a backward compatibility error might have occured as well, but...

Please help me!

ShadowTiger
11-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Take a look at this screenshot: (Ignore the colors; it's taken from some other quest; this was just the easiest place I could find to get a screenshot like this. :sweat: ... oy ...

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7901/zelda0011or.png

Notice where the Link Tiles are placed. Place all of your Link Tiles in the same place.

Now, you should know that the Link Tiles Menu (Quest-->Graphics-->Sprites-->Link DOESN'T WORK right now. It will later. But not in 2.10. So just stick to the original layout as seen above, okay? :)

Otto Halmen
11-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Okay.

BTW, there is, near the upper right corner, a icon which covers two tiles. Should I change that, too?