PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong?

fire dragon
11-09-2005, 02:06 PM
I made in room,where is three block triggers,and you must push
three blocks over them,that wall disappears and you can go to stairs.But when I made it,it won't work after all.I used tiering secrets,when you push block over first block trigger,wall turn just like before,and it have new secret,so when you trigger all three,wall disappears,but it won't work!What is matter,or how you make many block triggers?Here is picture:http://www.geocities.com/zelda_life/Room.bmp

ShadowTiger
11-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Oh, you don't need tiered secrets. All you need to do is have a Block Trigger ... Flag #71, I think? .. Maybe 69? .. Whatever, just put the "Block Trigger" flag onto each of the three buttons. ... And have the necessary directional flag on each block, (Push up/down no secret, push 4-way no secret , etc.) Just make sure it has the no secret part on it, or pushing the block will trigger the secrets.

Then you can put Flag #16 (Or whatever flag you have assigned to the cubeblock there to lower.) right on the cubeblock, and it'll lower. Just that easily.

Tiered Secrets aren't necessary at all for this operation, as far as I know. BUT, they WOULD be necessary -if- you had more than one cubeblock that you had to lower, but only one at a time would lower. Know what I mean? ... So, yeah, for this screen here, don't use Tiered secrets.

rocksfan13
11-09-2005, 02:33 PM
The block trigger flag is #66. No push blocks is #67.

Freedom
11-09-2005, 02:34 PM
with that set-up you can only go one way, coming back through that doorway you will be trapped.
to get around that place a temp trigger in the floor inside the blocked in area by the door.

koopa
11-09-2005, 02:49 PM
I see another potential problem. When you enter from the top door, don't you automatically go like 2 squares down (and land on the block)? This happens in my quest I'm making.

As for blocks if a picture says as much as a thousand words then this should save me a lot of typing :)
http://home.ripway.com/2005-10/459485/tutorials/flags006.gif
http://home.ripway.com/2005-10/459485/tutorials/flags007.gif
(the block triggers are 66-es). The under combo is the floor tile (that appears when you push a block off something). 52-65 are the types of blocks, 66 is the trigger and 67 "no push blocks". Not that I'd need it here as you can't move a block off a trigger once it's on it.

ShadowTiger
11-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Oh, no, you wouldn't land on the block, actually. It's two or three tiles in from the edge of the screen. I think you'd land roughly just at the foot of the stairs.

fire dragon
11-10-2005, 01:11 AM
Oh, no, you wouldn't land on the block, actually. It's two or three tiles in from the edge of the screen. I think you'd land roughly just at the foot of the stairs.

That isn't my problem,because that door is stairs and whan you come other way,Link arrive safely front the cubes,because there is blue warp square.

By the way,thanks Freedom for good idea!

Thanks!