PDA

View Full Version : Problems with graphics

Scooter7
11-07-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm having trouble with the Pure, BS, and 2.10-test tilesets. I'm running Zelda Classic 2.10. My problem in that Link, whenever you try to walk up, he faces down, then faces left, in a sort of pattern, all the while walking up. I don't get this problem using the regular NES graphics, though. Does anyone know how to fix this? :(

DeFray
11-07-2005, 10:53 PM
ZeldaClassic is trying to use the same format the original tileset had for its Link tiles and apply it to the new ones. I have two main suggestions.

1.-Open a new quest in the tileset your quest had before you changed the Link tiles. Look at the way the Link tiles are set up in the first page. Take a screenshot (I think it's F12, but I'm not sure) so you can compare this setup of Link's tiles to Pure's setup. Go back to your Pure quest and move Link's tiles around so that they are in the same places and same order as they are in your screenshot (if Link facing up is in tiles number 7 and 8 in the original tileset, then your Pure tiles should also show Link facing up in tiles 7 and 8.) If you don't know how to easily copy and move tiles, I mentioned some hotkeys in a thread a few days ago.

2.-This is the easier way and the way I would suggest. Just open the quest for the other tileset you're using. For instance, if you got your Pure tileset from a quest called "Pure version 2-1.qst", then open that quest file and then use Save As to copy it with the name of your quest. Delete the screens already built in to the quest (there won't be many). Now, using the quest the tileset was packaged with, your Link tiles and many other problems you might encounter later on (such as new enemy tile issues) will be taken care of because the quest comes formatted properly, ready to use. ;)

Freedom
11-07-2005, 11:37 PM
It's the bs quest rule in rules.
try changing it from whatever it's set to now.