PDA

View Full Version : boss rooms, doors, music

HumanAD.org
11-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to this stuff and just had a few questions.

How can I warp to a boss room in a differant dmap? I read that you can do it but I can't get it to work right. What I want to do is get the boss key, open the boss door, walk through door and warp to a differant dmap so i can use differant music.

I can get it to work but not with where the dungeon doors are. The tiles that warp you can't fit in the entry ways. Any help?

-Steve

DeFray
11-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Just use a side warp that triggers when you go through the boss door. Set it as a scrolling warp so the player can't tell that he's warping.

LavaBall
11-07-2005, 12:36 PM
As DeFray said use SideWarps but why are you doing it?

Aegix Drakan
11-07-2005, 03:50 PM
I understand why

he probably wants to have music for boss fights, instead of the same old dungeon music. I actually am planning to do the same thing for one of my bosses, because it is such an important boss fight.

[EDIT] Where are my manners? welcome to AGN!
Happy questmaking

HumanAD.org
11-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Yeah, it's to get some boss music goin down. Thanks for the help you guys. I think I got the warp thing down now, for the most.

I was also wondering how I could do pits like in "A Link to the Past". You know when you fall down pits on the overworld map, and you start right on the edge of the pit on the spot that you fell with a little life lost? Is this possible? If not, can you make solid tiles that the hook shot can go through? I want to hook shot over some pits. :(

-Steve

rocksfan13
11-08-2005, 08:30 AM
You can essentially do that for the triforce behind the boss as well.
The only thing is you have to set the return scroll to turn off the music when you leave.

You can also have it so when you beat the boss the music changes as well. Just have it so the enemies->secret is selected by pressing f9 and set the secret tiles to a direct warp tile that takes you to the exact same room, but another dmap. Be sure to select no secret sounds as well or you will get that too.

I did this in my newest quest which has yet to be released, pendinng testing. It works very well.

There is an option under the combo editor that allows the hookshot. Right click on the combo and then scroll down until you see the hookshot only option and highlight it. Now that combo will only allow the hookshot accross it.

As far as the falling into the pit. It gets a little complicated, so I'll leave it to someone else.