PDA

View Full Version : help with my install

phoenixspade
11-06-2005, 03:34 PM
i installed 2.10 on my windows xp computer, but when i went to open up the program, the screen would just flicker and then the error message from windows would appear saying that there was an unexpected error. i tried reinstalling but nothing seems to be working....any help would be appreciated. thanks.

LavaBall
11-07-2005, 09:46 AM
*SIGH*Its an Allegro problem,Certain PC's are sick of Allegro(Mine for example turns the colours wierd after a minute of playing)

Freedom
11-07-2005, 11:12 AM
*SIGH*Its an Allegro problem,Certain PC's are sick of Allegro(Mine for example turns the colours wierd after a minute of playing)

My AVG Anti-virus causes that, I turn it off and it stops doing it.

koopa
11-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Are you running as admin or normal user?

LavaBall
11-07-2005, 11:48 AM
I always been Normal user,I never use Admin mode however infact I dont see Admin mode to be usefull atleast for now and for sure I dont know too much about computers(Like editing the code and that)So I better not use that feature at all for now(Unless it is required to do that thing.....But rare,Very rare)

koopa
11-07-2005, 12:11 PM
I had problems running as user because allegro tries to make a temp file in the top directory of the hd. I solved it by subst-ing (start->run, type "subst z: path-to-your-zc-folder") then go to My computer and open your new z drive. Start zc from there. That's the only way I get it to run without admin rights.

eternalfates
11-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Windows XP/Avast antivirus/ all updates.

I've tried loading ZC 2.10 & 1.94(?), but to no avail. Each time, it has made the screen flicker and throw an error when trying to run the game. I use an admin account, but even tried to create a new drive to run it from. Any tips?

Freedom
11-10-2005, 04:03 PM
try going to the folder you have ZC in and double click on zquest-w.exe.
if it opens click on etc and play the lost woods midi, turn it off and exit the program.
this will have the program write you a ag.cfg file.

Then try double clicking on the zelda-w.exe file and see if it works.