PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Cheap

VT_Hokie_Fan
11-04-2005, 06:37 PM
I recently bought Beyond Good And Evil. For ten bucks. Its a great game and I've enjoyed all the time I've spent with it. So the question is...

What's the best game you've ever bought for less than $20?

Darth Marsden
11-04-2005, 07:07 PM
I've bought lots of games for under £15 (That's about $20, I believe). I too purchased Beyond Good & Evil for a bargain price - it was about £4. Then again, I tend to get a lot of stuff pre-owned these days, but I've yet to be let down. Head for Amazon, look for the item you're after and then go to the Used page. Some great bargains to be had.

Other good games I've got dirt cheap include the entire Jak series on the PS2 (except for the new one, I'll wait a while for that), Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain, Anachronox, and so on. I get a lot of my games second-hand, it's a good way of doing it.

Dart Zaidyer
11-04-2005, 07:12 PM
In no particular order: F-Zero GX, Star Fox, Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid, Zelda: A Link to the Past, and several others.
Yes, I really like the SNES.

Beldaran
11-04-2005, 07:28 PM
heh, way back in the day I got the retail version of DOOM II for free when a friend loaned it to me and then moved, having forgotten to ask for its return. But since I didn't buy it, perhaps it doesn't count.

I remember buying Civilization 2 for like $15 a while after it had come out. I had never heard of it and it turned out to be horribly addicting. That was a good find. I also got a good deal on Age of Empires II which turned out to be a blast and a half.

But by far, the two best random bargain purchases that I have ever made (in fact I would say that they changed my life and really brought me into the world of computers) was when I bought Police Quest 2 and Quest For Glory 3 randomly in a family owned used computer store. I had no idea what they were... I had never heard of them, they just looked cool.

So awesome.

Darth Marsden
11-04-2005, 07:48 PM
I've been a very bad boy and just spent over £50 on games... The list includes Knights of the Old Republic II, Kingdom Hearts and Metal Arms : Glitch in the System. All dead cheap. Dear Eckels, somebody stop me...

Rainman
11-05-2005, 12:07 AM
I buy really old games quite often. I believe Half-life, Diablo, and Starcraft were all bought a several years after release and for dirt cheap.

KJAZZ
11-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Hmm.. F-Zero, Link's Awakening DX, Super Mario DX, Breath of Fire (Both SNES and GBA versions), LttP, Final Fantasy IV, Tetris Attack, other random SNES games.. (Many of these were several years back)

Yeah, I've done alright when buying used games. I don't typically buy them, but there are always exceptions..

vegeta1215
11-05-2005, 02:10 AM
I can only choose one? Hmmm...well, I got Metroid Prime for free when I bought my Gamecube! Does that count? :D

I bought the majority of my games for under $20, but I'd probably have to go with Beyond Good and Evil or F-Zero GX. I got BG&E in like new condition off ebay for about $12 including shipping. I got F-Zero GX new from Circuit city for $10.50.

Orion
11-05-2005, 02:33 AM
I picked up LTTP from the bargain barrel at WalMart with my birthday money when I was like 9, and it has been one of my favorite games ever since. Second only to Chrono Trigger.

Vivionsho
11-05-2005, 05:52 PM
I think the best game I have gotten is Fable:The Lost Chapters(Platnuim Edition) I can't stop playing it :) it was only like $19.

ctrl-alt-delete
11-06-2005, 03:11 AM
Well...it is not under $20, but I got Ocarina of Time like...two weeks after its release for $20. :)