PDA

View Full Version : Fable

Vivionsho
11-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Has anyone played Fable for the XBOX? The game got game of the year like three times, and now they have come out with the Lost chapters ofr an expansion! The new thing is awesome, more things to do, killing guards has never been better

Beldaran
11-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I've beaten it six ways from Sunday. It's a reall fun game the first time through. I totally jacked the arena levels and used the Hero Save exploit to max out my character and get hundreds of thousands in gold at that point in the game. I had a lot of fun playing that game. Graphics are good, nice story, fun combat.

I was suprised at the lack of replay value though. When I played Knights of the Old Republic I couldn't wait to go back and play as an evil character, but with Fable I was content to just beat it once.

With that said however, there is a lot more content than people give it credit for. My friend was bitching it out because he said it's onle 10 hours long. Yeah, if you plow straight through and don't do anything but the missions! Fable is full of side quests and little projects you can work on such as relationships, your physical appearance, the real estate business (I was a total mogul. I owned towns.), and the dry goods trade.

It's a fun game. I'd like to try the expansion out one of these days.

Vivionsho
11-05-2005, 03:02 PM
:laughing: I made my moolah from stealing things and then killing enite villages and buying all the houses. The only problem is that it's hard to get a wife if your evil, heh everyone is always "Please dont hurt me!!" the only way i got a wife on there is when i gave one of them a beer and she got drunk. I got divorced from Lady Grey, she was annoying.

The only thing i didnt like about the game is that you dont get the great satisfaction of being a Will user as you would in other games, like in the normal fable all the spells suck, besides some of them like the summoning, and the turning enemys into allies, but in the Lost Chapters, two new spells, Infernal Wrath and Divine Fury, awsome nuke spells, but besides that it was good.