PDA

View Full Version : Next AGN convention to be held in Denver!

ctrl-alt-delete
11-04-2005, 03:53 AM
http://www.cannabisculture.ca/articles/4570.html

Awesome.

Thoughts?

How long do you think it will be until marijuana is completely legal all over the US?

goKi
11-04-2005, 04:21 AM
Yeah, let's host it there. Then i won't have to sleep in the Green Room.

Lutraphobiac
11-04-2005, 08:40 AM
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person UNDER THE AGE OF TWENTY-ONE (21) to possess one (1) ounce or less of marihuana. If such person is under the age of eighteen (18) years of age at the time of the offense, no jail sentence shall be imposed and any fine imposed may be supplanted by treatment as required by the court.

Haha so for 3 years you are deemed smart enough to commit a crime but not able to carry 1 ounce of the substance.

A step in the right direction in my opinion though.

btw I don't like misleading topic titles.

Glitch
11-04-2005, 09:20 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20051103/ts_usatoday/denvervotestolegalizemarijuanapossession

There is a another article from a more reliable site. At first I thought it was BS due to the large amount of spelling and grammar errors. But a quick search on yahoo! news proved that wrong.

Wow. just Wow. I'm at a loss for word really. Not really at the fact that it is legal there now but the amount they made legal to have:

Voters here approved making Denver the first major city to legalize small amounts of marijuana, but the mayor warned that state law still makes possession of the drug illegal.
and..

The measure, which passed Tuesday with 54% of the vote, says adults 21 and older may possess up to an ounce of marijuana without penalty in the city.

An ounce?! Wow. That is quite a decent amount to be considered a "small" amount. Strange. But awesome none the less.

/happydance

Next step Ohio!

bigjoe
11-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Kinda makes me want to move back to Longmont. Its not far from Denver.

Master Ghaleon
11-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Yeah, let's host it there. Then i won't have to sleep in the Green Room.

:D I would of switch places with ya

Dechipher
11-04-2005, 11:42 AM
I was excited reading this topic. I thought to myself "Hey, I might actually get to go this year. Hey, it won't cost me 700 dollars. Hey, cool."

I smite you.

BTW, I'm at school right now. AGN is usually blocked, but the tech people fucked up today and our blocked stuff is messed up. So I'm stickin it to the man by taking advantage of his error.

Go me. :lame:

Honestly, I don't care about the marijuana legalization. I think it's kinda lame, myself, but I guess other people will be happy.

biggiy05
11-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Never smoked it once in my life, been around my friends plenty of times when they were doing it. I am not even about to try it now with random drug tests at the fire station and now that I heard I have a really good chance at getting on at the Columbus Division of Fire I think I will pass.

Glitch I wanna see the look on your face if it ever reaches Ohio.

firebug
11-04-2005, 05:57 PM
It's 4 ounces up here ;)
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/356/alaska.shtml

Alaska is already in the vanguard of marijuana law reform, and a marijuana initiative on the November ballot could see the state pushing the envelope even further. Right now, Alaska is the only state in the union to have even partially legalized the possession of marijuana -- the state's highest courts have recently reaffirmed that possession of up to four ounces in one's home is protected by the privacy provisions of the state constitution. The November initiative, officially known as Ballot Measure 2, would remove all criminal penalties for marijuana possession, production, or sales and require the state legislature to craft regulations to govern the legal sale of the weed.

MottZilla
11-09-2005, 04:29 AM
Keep in mind that in Denver they've said nothing about it being legal to buy/sell marajuana. Kind of silly. When I saw this topic title the weed thing was the first thing that popped into my mind. Anyways, I personally don't give a fuck about it. Just like cigarette smokers (when smoking) though, I don't want them anywhere near me.

mrz84
11-10-2005, 01:57 PM
denver this year? too bad i can't go. damn part-time job won't let me...