PDA

View Full Version : Boy, thats a cool intro...how'd they do that?

Navi
11-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Ya, i was just wondering how exactly you put those intros, like for a storyline, on the games. I see some with scrolling text, music, and background images. But i have no idea where you would begin doing something like that.

Aegix Drakan
11-03-2005, 06:19 PM
It is quite complicated to do an intro like that.

You have to have one frame for every move, and put message strings in place, rehearse the timings, make timed warps. all in all, it's really hard work.

I suggest you work on the intro after you've started making your quest. you should have adequate experience by then.

For actually making an intro, I don't think I could describe it well enough. can someone help this guy out?

Navi
11-08-2005, 05:20 PM
OK, Drakan thanks. That's a start. Anybody else have some ideas?

Platinum Link
11-30-2005, 12:26 PM
I'd say start with something simple, like a guy in random place that tells the beginning of the story. I'm still having trouble switching places though. How do I change places? I want to go from the scene with the old man talking, to a scene where it's at a statue of the hero, and the talking continues.

While I'm at it, I notice some people have got it to where when the guy is supposed to appear, nothing appears at all. How do you do that?

Aegix Drakan
11-30-2005, 01:35 PM
what I do for a warp is: Make a new DMap for your intro. make it an overworld, and set the level counter (on the mechanics page) to 1. on a screen, place the gree/blue squares at the bottom of your screen, and surround it with unwalkable combos (but eave the space where the blue/green square is as walkable. now set u you guy and string. when you want to move to a new screen, have a string say "Press down". Set up a side warp, triggered by going down (make it an insta warp), which will take you to the next screen of your intro. if you want to make a cut scene, you will have to make one screen for every movement your characters move. to get them to "move" you have to link all of the screens with insta warps, and make timed warps on each of the screens. it will take several tries to get the timing right.

Now, to get "nothing" as a guy, go to your tiles, and delete, let's say, the "fire tile" (basically, the tile that is used for the "fire" guy). now, whenever you use the "fire" guy, it will show nothing.

hope that helped you!

Platinum Link
12-01-2005, 12:46 AM
ok, I got your 2nd one easy, making the guy dissapear. But, I dont understand what you mean in the first. I got the Side warps all set up, but what blue/green squares are you talking about? Do you mean the flags? I'm confused @_@

King Aquamentus
12-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Green square: Hit page up until you see a bar with a rupee, stairs, a blue warp thing, a green warp thing, and a flag. The Rupee indicates an item for the room and until you designate an item for the room,it is a cyan square when you place it. The Stairs indicate where stairs will appear when the events revealing a stairway occur. The Blue warp thing indicates where you'll end up on a screen if you are coming from another Dmap. (unless it's a scrolling warp). Place this under a cave tile to get the "walking out" effect. The Green warp thing indicates where on the screen you'll start when you choose to continue or save a quest. place this on the main starting screen of all dmaps. (ex: 1st quest's screen 77, and dungeon enterances) Clicking on flag will just make the flags you've set visible. For everything else, you have to click on the icon and then on the playing screen click where you want it to go.