PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one that finds this weird

ONeilcool
11-03-2005, 01:42 AM
I was looking at the members database and there is 94 pages at 50 members per page which means AGN has a little under 4700 members. Whats odd is that memebers from 57-94(around 1850 members) havent even posted once while members from pages 27-94(3350 members) have less then 10 posts. I found that interesting and I felt like doing a little math thats all.

DarkDragoonX
11-03-2005, 01:51 AM
It's not that unusual. Many times somebody will sign up for a forum, and in the end decide that forum isn't for them. This is one of only two forums I've ever frequented, yet I've probably signed up for a half-dozen or so.

It does make for some interesting statistics, though.

Glitch
11-03-2005, 01:51 AM
What's even weirder is that any member that has the name cool in their name has never been cool.

DarkDragoonX
11-03-2005, 01:52 AM
Totally off topic, but I don't think I've ever mentioned how awesome your avatar/title combo is, Glitch.

Rainman
11-03-2005, 02:40 AM
You wouldn't know this, but we cleaned out a lot of the "no post newbies" a while back. If we hadn't done that we'd have a lot more of them. Also, probably at least half are Fira or Glenn acounts.

Lutraphobiac
11-03-2005, 04:14 AM
Not everyone is into forums. Some just post to ask a question, some just forget about AGN, etc. I also heard that some people think they have to sign up for the forums to use ZC. I don't get where they get this idea...

Glitch
11-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Totally off topic, but I don't think I've ever mentioned how awesome your avatar/title combo is, Glitch.

Yeah, I do have the most awesome avatar/title.

moocow
11-03-2005, 11:59 AM
My avatar/title is better.

Anyhow, there's nothing wrong with inactive members. Most of the inactive members are probably retards anyway.

ShadowTiger
11-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Even if they don't post, it's nice to see that AGN is so popular anyway. :shrug:

koopa
11-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Even if they don't post, it's nice to see that AGN is so popular anyway.

True.

And yes, nice avatar Glitch ... I once did something like that, was about 3 years old and trying to pull out a plug, got stuck so I decided to take some pliers ... BZZZT! Well, I survived.

Machiavelli
11-03-2005, 05:22 PM
It's not that unusual. Many times somebody will sign up for a forum, and in the end decide that forum isn't for them. This is one of only two forums I've ever frequented, yet I've probably signed up for a half-dozen or so.
Yea, same here. There's just something about AGN that keeps me coming back...

Some people may come just to read whats going on or find out some information.

Darth Marsden
11-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Yea, same here. There's just something about AGN that keeps me coming back...

Some people may come just to read whats going on or find out some information.I am totally what you mean when you say 'something', right? :D

I admit, if not for the Forum Games, I probably wouldn't have hung around as long as I have. I came here in the first place 'cause I was curious about whether I could have the player control two characters in Zelda Quest , as well as a couple of other queries. Then I drifted over to Gaming Discussion for a bit, and then found my way into the Forum Games... Where I remain today. I guess not everyone clicks with certain places they way I have.

Goat
11-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Ifit wernt for the daily hand job from warlord, I totally would top comming, literally

Darth Marsden
11-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Top Comming? Is that a ZZ Top tribute band or something? :p

Fortis Nova
11-03-2005, 06:11 PM
I initially joined because I needed a question concerning ZC answered. It was only later that I decided to chech out the rest of the forum.

Darth Marsden
11-03-2005, 07:34 PM
That's how a lot of people came here, I suspect. You're just one of the few who can actually spell. Welcome to your new home! Now Beta Test my game already. :p

zoraking
11-03-2005, 08:51 PM
What I don't understand is how people get that many posts. I've been here for roughly 4 years and I have a little under 480 posts. However, DM has about 930 and he's been here for about 3/4 a year. TSA has over 10,000 posts and he left quite a while ago.

Dechipher
11-03-2005, 09:11 PM
It's just certain people have more things to say. So they post more. Certain people don't have a content standard for their posts and just post whenever.

I've been here 4 years and I have like 4k posts. It's pretty much even with me.

mrz84
11-10-2005, 02:15 PM
i don't find it weird at all. I used to be a mod for a now defunct forum and wasn't surprised to find that many people who signed up, didn't post or anything. it the same everywhere. :kawaii:

Vivionsho
11-10-2005, 02:52 PM
What I don't understand is how people get that many posts. I've been here for roughly 4 years and I have a little under 480 posts. However, DM has about 930 and he's been here for about 3/4 a year. TSA has over 10,000 posts and he left quite a while ago.
Yeah it seems alot harder than it looks to get to 1k of posts, :laughing: at least you have more than me!!

Archibaldo
11-10-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm actually only here because lord_jamitossi told me about it. And now he's been gone for about 2 years now.

SeirraMist
11-10-2005, 08:32 PM
I came because I was bored and thought this place looked like some crazy entertainment (which it hasent disproven yet) If anyone wants me to stop rambling on and on in the fourem games just say so :D

It is a littel discouraging seeing you are member 5000 and so while member 13 or something hasent posted anything.

Oh and I fourth the comment on Glitchs avatar.
Oh, and I third the

biggiy05
11-10-2005, 09:19 PM

It's all about how active you are. Another forum I go to there is a guy who was at 5k two weeks ago and now he is at just over 6,000 posts. There is alot of activity and alot of threads you can talk in.

Sir_Johnamus
11-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Why did I sign up? I forget. 10K posts? TSA is a poster, but Ive searched and searched and havent found any of them.