PDA

View Full Version : Any ZC bestiary available?

Otto Halmen
11-02-2005, 01:13 PM
The editor refers to enemies only by their names. Do you have any bestiary for the enemies, because I don't know which enemy is which? (If yes, has it got pictures and describitions of its strength levels) I have not enough experience of Zelda games to be able to identify a enemy from it's name.

Aegix Drakan
11-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Untill an expert ith all te monsters shows up, here are some basic monsters

Overworld type enemies (enemies usually put on overworlds)

Octorocks: fourlegged octopus-like enemy. fires rocks. weakest enemy
Red: weakest specie, good practice for beginners
blue: higher defence, higher attack. put these occasionally in the beginning, then later, use these in the place of the red ones

Moblins: goblins with an attitude problem, throws spears. sligtly stronger than octorocs.
Red are weaker, black are strong

There ae more, but I'm not really familiar with them.

dungeon enemies:

stalfos: skeleton, very weak

keese: bat type enemy, piece of cake to beat, but not so easy to hit sometimes

Zols: slime enemy, splits into two weaker Gels when hit.
gels: pitiful slime monster

Gibdos: mummy. pretty strong.

Darknuts: evil knights, deflec frontal attacks. strong monsters

There are more, I know it, but I am not really familiar with them.

Boss type (these make good bosses)

Aquamentus: dragon type, makes a good first boss (usually used as first boss)

Dodongo: lizard type, only vulnerable to bombs (use as early boss, and as standard enemy in tough dungeons

I hope these help for now.

the best way to figure out an enemy is to experiment, and try fighting it.

Freedom
11-02-2005, 02:24 PM
here's the original enemies list form the oiginal ZC site, it doesn't include new enemies that have been added.
http://storm.prohosting.com/~mfreedom/enemies/enemies.htm

jessethe2nd
11-02-2005, 02:58 PM
(If yes, has it got pictures and describitions of its strength levels)

Unfortunately pics would not be that useful unless you are planning on using the tileset refered to by the bestiary with out modifing the enemy sprites or palletes. ;) However a description of enemies would be quite usefull. Maybe I should compile one... This would also be usefull info to display when the enemy name is selected, and pics would be a great help there.

Freedom
11-02-2005, 03:25 PM
pretty much been done by Polygon8 LOOK HERE (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=6&t=12873&)

jessethe2nd
11-02-2005, 04:40 PM
That is not a bestiary but a list of enemies and the tiles they use. otto halmen is talking about a list of stats such as damage health weaknesses, ect, ect.

ZeldaLord
11-02-2005, 07:20 PM
There's an incomplete one here (http://wiki.purezc.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Enemies), you can help complete it if you want. :)

Otto Halmen
11-03-2005, 08:09 AM
I was actually looking for a reference which tells which enemy is which. I know that there is an enemy which looks like a mummy, is tough to beat and appears in dungeons (I encountered several while playing). I want to place it in my scenario, but I dunno what it is called.

NO, THIS IS NOT ABOUT A LONE MUMMY. I AM SEEKING A COMPLETE REFERENCE WHICH CAN HOPEFULLY BE DOWNLOADED. Asking about every single enemy in their own topics here would annoy you as well as me.

(BTW, do you know how the author of Marios Insane Rampage managed to rip the graphics from the quest file bs1st.qst. It is encrypted.)

Sir_Johnamus
11-09-2005, 07:51 PM
I am pretty sure that she provided those tiles.

Note to VEL: Your quests rock!

SeirraMist
11-09-2005, 08:17 PM
You know you can download the BS set at Pure right...? Im pretty sure that Polygon did something with monster list over there to... Just go to Pure and look around.

VEL
11-09-2005, 08:18 PM
(BTW, do you know how the author of Marios Insane Rampage managed to rip the graphics from the quest file bs1st.qst. It is encrypted.)
Older versions of bs1st didn't have a password, I got some of the BS tiles from there, and I got all the missing ones from the BS Zelda Snes rom. Here is a tileset I made that has all the BS tiles I collected.
http://www.kenoshaonline.com/zelda/zctiles.htm

I am pretty sure that she provided those tiles.

Note to VEL: Your quests rock!
Thanks! :D

SeirraMist
11-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Not really related, but what does BS actually stand for?

Sir_Johnamus
11-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Bandai Sattleview, or the BSX, a system like a super nes, only with comertial breaks.

gryxzl
11-14-2005, 04:30 PM
The editor refers to enemies only by their names. Do you have any bestiary for the enemies, because I don't know which enemy is which? (If yes, has it got pictures and describitions of its strength levels) I have not enough experience of Zelda games to be able to identify a enemy from it's name.

OK, Otto, I'll provide a bestiary for the ZC audience. I'll post it when it is finished.

LavaBall
11-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Dodongo isn't a lizard Aegix it is a Rhino creature.

Aegix Drakan
11-15-2005, 10:11 AM
I played Ocarina of time, so to me, dodongos will forever be firebreathing lizards.

(looks outside) "Wait a second is that snow??? oh NOOOOO!"

LavaBall
11-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Ocarina of time made the Dodongos lizards with fire breath,Cool but in Zelda Classic they ARE Rhino's no doubt they even have the Horn of a Rhino

Aegix Drakan
11-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I realized. But still, I prefer my current definition. And in case you want to debate that, (points to sig).