PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Problem

crow4040
11-02-2005, 10:31 AM
I've started creating my own quest and have so far had no problems designing the overworld layout and setting up shops and caves for items. However, I created an entrance to Level-1 in my game and the tile warp does take me to Dungeon 1, like it's supposed to. However, Link doesn't walk through the door. It looks like my warp works to the dungeon, but why doesn't Link appear? I've tried adjusting the warp six way to Sunday (changing the link destination to just sending the link to a blank screen), but link still doesn't appear.

Help!

koopa
11-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Have you placed the blue/green tiles correctly? They go just where the door is. (At least that's the usual way)

Check the following:
- you have set a dmap up for your dungeon, and entered the right map
- you warp to that dmap and the screen is set correctly
- the warp type is NOT cave or passageway; usually you can use entrance/exit.
- you don't have a layer that goes over link and covers him nor do you have "invisible link" set on that screen.

To test, enter a level 4 cheat, give yourself full magic and the lens. Warp and use the lens. You should see a circle around where link is. If it's the top left corner you forgot the blue/green tiles. If you see a circle but no link he's either invisible or you put a layer over him. You can also use the "no walls" cheat to walk around and see where you are.

crow4040
11-02-2005, 11:23 AM
Have you placed the blue/green tiles correctly? They go just where the door is. (At least that's the usual way)

I think that might be the problem. The warp works - I hit the "Go" button and it takes me to the correct screen, and the Dmap information is correct. I'll try placing the blue/green tile tonight.

Actually, this might fix my other problem about Link's original starting position in the game being in the upper-left corner. I just built around it (after Link was trapped on the mountains in my first attempt).

Aegix Drakan
11-02-2005, 11:34 AM
AHA!

there is your problem right there! The blu and green tiles are vital! I learned this the hard way too. The green tile is used for continue points and wistle warps I think, and the blue tile is used for entering and exiting caves. To get a dungeon to work right, place the green square in the entryway, at the bottom of the screen (make surethe green square is completely visible). If it is not place at the bottom, link will walk DOWN when he enters the dungeon, and may exit it aoutomatically (talking from experience). so make sure your green and red squares are set up right.

Kepp on truckin'!

LavaBall
11-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Just use insta-warp its easy and saves you from these annoying dungeon problem

rocksfan13
11-02-2005, 02:03 PM
AHA!

there is your problem right there! The blu and green tiles are vital! I learned this the hard way too. The green tile is used for continue points and wistle warps I think, and the blue tile is used for entering and exiting caves.

The green one also is used for entrance/exits as well as the rest. The blue one is for any kind of insta-warp.

It doesn't matter if it's a dungeon or cave, they will work the same. The overworld is the only difference.

koopa
11-02-2005, 02:59 PM
I think the green tile is where you start if you die/save/continue and the blue where you land when you enter the screen from a warp. There was a thread on this once but I can't find it anymore.

rocksfan13
11-02-2005, 03:28 PM
That is correct Koopa.

Freedom
11-02-2005, 03:36 PM
here's what the zquest txt file shows

3rd Square: Blue and shows exit placement, where Link will be when he emerges from a cave, etc. on this screen.

4th Square: Green and shows continue placement, where Link will start when he enters this dmap, or continue if he dies on it.