PDA

View Full Version : dungeon maps problem

bluebiker
11-01-2005, 06:15 PM
help! when i pick up the map item in my dungeons i cannot see the map layout, I have set the map styles to what I want them to look like. The subscreen setting in Dmaps doesn't help, and I think i've tinkered too much with misc colors and map styles :)

Aegix Drakan
11-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Did you set it up (with the little grey squares) in the Dmap menu? And did you set the dungeon to the Dmap you made? just checking.

On a side note, Welcome To AGN, and enjoy your stay!

bluebiker
11-01-2005, 07:01 PM
hi drakan! yes, i believe i set up everything properly. When i click Quest>>Dmaps the dungeon layout is correct in the small window on the bottom, the level is set (doors, shutters work). Is there a map i shoud set on the subscreen tab in Dmaps? Or is it a color issue to be able to see the little squares when you pick up the map item?

Freedom
11-01-2005, 07:13 PM
You click the rooms into the dmap, which I'm guessing you did, but it's hard to be sure from your description.

if you use custom maps, it over-rides that.

In misc colors, if you set the map foreground colors to the same color as the background colors, then it won't show up.

bluebiker
11-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Thanx drakan and freedom i think i've got it now! p.s. I've been playing games for almost 20 years and using Zquest is the most fun i've had. kudos to all involved and all who've helped me along the way. My 1st quest almost done.

Aegix Drakan
11-02-2005, 09:55 AM
:odd:

Already? I've been working on mine since I got ZC and I have only completed the first two dungeons and a small chunk of the overworld! you are most welcome, and from now on, you can call me Aegix. :)