PDA

View Full Version : Battle Front 2!!!!!!!!!

ONeilcool
10-31-2005, 08:50 PM
BATTLE FRONT 2 IS COMING OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!! and is you dont know what Battle Front 2 is you arent a true gamer. Am I the only one exicted out this game. I bet most people who read this dont even know its coming out

goKi
10-31-2005, 08:54 PM
I knew, but i wasn't particularly excited. I may give it a go some time later on, but at the moment, there are alot of other games i need to get to that i'm much more excited about (Quake 4, F.E.A.R., etc).

Masamune
10-31-2005, 10:11 PM
Our Gamestop released it on halloween night. I went in a bit ago before a party with my buddy Wolfe. And since I did a somersault through the doors dressed as a ninja for halloween, they gave me a 20 dollar gift card, which I just gave to Wolfe towards Battlefront 2. We're cool like that and have all the right moves.

algam86
10-31-2005, 10:30 PM
I know what it is, but I just don't happen to be a Star Wars fanboy. Still, it looks like a game I'd like to play, if only for the sake of having something new to try.

DarkDragoonX
11-01-2005, 02:11 AM
Well, if it's anything like the first game, it will suck hard. I can list several games that are vastly superior... F.E.A.R, UT2K4, CS, Quake 4 (I never much cared for Quake, but it's STILL better), chess by mail, cow tipping, competitive gravel eating, etc.

ONeilcool
11-01-2005, 02:23 AM
If your not exicted you have to see the commericals and the trailers on the website.http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefrontii/indexFlash.html Im probably more exicted becuase I liked the first game and i like star wars but this game looks good for everyone.

DarkDragoonX
11-01-2005, 02:34 AM
Hmmm...

Nope, still not interested. Partly because Star Wars doesn't make something more interesting for me (I couldn't care less about it), and party because - as I mentioned before - the first game sucked. If I want large-scale combat, I'll play Battlefield 2.

Oh, and it's spelled "Battlefront," not "Battle Front."

ONeilcool
11-01-2005, 02:44 AM
Sry Battle front and Battlefront seem the same to me

I can understand why you wouldnt like it DarkDragoonX becuase what makes it so great is the fact that it is star war and if your just not into that your probably not gonna like it

Battlefield 2 is a better game but my computers not good enough to run it and the console verison isnt half as good as the computer verison

Vagla
11-01-2005, 06:03 AM
I don't really know what Battlefront 2 is. Does that mean I'm not a true gamer?

All these years, I've just been a faker... I feel so hollow.

Lutraphobiac
11-01-2005, 06:39 AM
Somehow your arguement that "All people who don't like or know about the game are not gamers" turned into "All people you don't know or like the game are people who don't like Star Wars or have crappy computers".

I have heard of the game but I will neglect playing it because it is strangely not World of Warcraft.

Darth Marsden
11-01-2005, 12:31 PM
I know what Battlefront II is - hell, I got the first one - but I'm not getting it. The first was dull and boring. (Consider that I can't play games online and you'll understand.) I'll get it eventually, if only to complete my Star Wars video games collection, but not until it's dead cheap.

Rainman
11-01-2005, 02:12 PM
I can understand why you wouldnt like it DarkDragoonX becuase what makes it so great is the fact that it is star war and if your just not into that your probably not gonna like it
So you're saying that the only part of the game that makes it worth playing is the franchise attached to it? :eyebrow:

Darth Marsden
11-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Worked for Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Episode I Racer, X-Wing, Tie Fighter... without the Star Wars element, those games (and more which I can't be bothered to think about) would have just been typical futuristic platformers, racing games and flight simulators. Sometimes what makes a game worth playing is the licence behind it. Not all the time mind you, but it happens.

Other examples include Spider-Man 2 (except the PC version... bleh), Chronicles of Riddick, Starship Troopers and The Simpsons Hit and Run. The fact that you're playing characters from films, TV shows and comics is what possibly the best aspect of these games. Especially Spider-Man 2. :)

On a completely different subject, this is post number 911. And to think - I get to make the same comment when it comes to my 999th post... I love being British sometimes.

MacWeirdo42
11-01-2005, 05:16 PM
It's not so much that it's just a license, a good licensed game lets you experience actually being in that universe. Sure, Battlefront 2 wouldn't be the same without Star Wars, but that's because part of what makes it so special is that it lets you live out Star Wars battles. Same could be said for any licensed game... Take Spider Man 2... Wouldn't have been the same if it was just a generic "run around the city and stop crimes" game... Part of what made it so great was actually swinging around, experiecing what it's like to be Spider Man. Or the Jedi Knight games... Would be generic shooters, but you get a lightsaber and force powers.

Fortis Nova
11-02-2005, 12:31 AM
I have encountered games, though, that rely only on the license to sell. Past the famous title, the game is only poorly made or, even on occation, incomplete. For example, there was this one Lord of the Rings game for the GBA that was horribly glitched, preventing completion of the game.

By no means are all licensed games like this; I've enjoyed some well made ones. But one must whach out for companies trying to sell pieces of garbage by slapping 'Fellowship of the Ring' or something on it.

DarkDragoonX
11-02-2005, 02:33 AM
The majority of all liscensed games are crap, including Star Wars... take a look at all of the Star Wars games to date... a large number of them are mediocre at best, and many are downright terrible.

It doesn't mean that Star Wars can't make a good game... it has many times. It's just that most of the time, the developers lean on the liscense and get lazy about creating actual content. For example, how many times do we have to play through the Battle of Hoth that seems to plague damn near every Star Wars game there is?

Darth Marsden
11-02-2005, 05:41 AM
Let's count, shall we?

- Shadow of the Empire
- Rogue Squadron III
- Rebel Assault
- Rebel Assault 2 - I'm not sure 'cause I haven't actually played it, but is it there?
- Supremacy (Known by the less cool title of 'Rebellion' in the US)
- Galactic Battlegrounds - Haven't gotten that far in the game, but it could be there.

And I know for a fact that you also revisit Hoth some time after the big battle in Jedi Academy. COme up with some new ideas people, please.

Beldaran
11-02-2005, 06:01 AM
For example, how many times do we have to play through the Battle of Hoth that seems to plague damn near every Star Wars game there is?

It's the downside of using an insanely popular license. Sure, you in your jaded superiority might be sick of hoth, but if they made a game without hoth they'd get ten million angry letters from crazed Star Wars fans demanding that the marquee battle scene of Episode V be included. They are catering to their bulk audience, not the video game connesieur, and I don't really blame them.

KJAZZ
11-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Hmmm. I guess I'm not a true gamer, then. :shrug:

I have nothing against Star Wars, but I think I would have better things to spend my money on.

MottZilla
11-09-2005, 04:50 AM
Battlefront II is alright. From what I remember of the first one, it's an improvement, but it's still not the best game. It isn't all that refined in my opinion, but still it's a decent game. I wouldn't recommend buying it unless you buy it for PC and play online. While true you could play over xbox and maybe PS2, the license fees are insane and rather than paying perhaps 40$ or 30$ you pay 50$. ick. ;p