PDA

View Full Version : Lottery game

fire dragon
10-31-2005, 10:36 AM
I got minigame idea.Lottery.Someone might invented this before,but I want make it.Because that game requires much map space and would be hard make,I decided first ask it is possible,before I start draw it to paper and then make it.

My idea is that when you go front lottery machine,Link warps another screen what has lottery's icons.Then I put timed warp to other screen that is like before but now next icon shows.And then new timed warp.Until it has enought different icons.It is like circle now.It only roll and roll,understand?Then I put direct warp in every screen.Under that place where Link arrives.Then I set tile warp to screen where first wheel is stopped.This thing I make every screen.Then same when other wheels is are stopped.If don't get line,you only end the game,and if you get line, you got money.Idea is,that when you press down,wheel stops.Do anyone see any bugs in that idea?It works in theory,but I don't know how it works ZC.

DeFray
10-31-2005, 11:14 AM
Just keep in mind that you'll need to use a different screen for every possible combination. I think you already understand that because you mentioned how much map space it takes up.

The only problem I can think of is that you would, if Link never hit the button, end up with the same set of icons every time - no random-ness. But as long as the automatic icons weren't a winner, that's not a problem.

You couldn't set Link to pick up an item every time, but if he won you could send him to a store that sold a red rupee rupees for 0 rupees and that would be like giving him a red rupee every time he won.

fire dragon
10-31-2005, 02:09 PM
Randomnes isn't problem,because you warp all the time,and if you press down,you warp that room,where icon is stopped.Because all three icons have their own tile warp,you must press just when that icon shows,so player actually makes it random.
Thanks that shop idea,because now you can get prize always when you win.