PDA

View Full Version : warping difficulties

Aegix Drakan
10-31-2005, 09:53 AM
OK...

I am designing a cutscene intro for my quest. the scene come along nicely. the only problem is, whenever I make a warp from a room in one column (let's say 77) to another (let's say 06), my graphics go weird for a second, and I end up in a blank grey room with four keese! The intro is in its own DMap, Dungeon type, level 1, All my warps are set up properly, and everything I've tried has not helped.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to fix this before it drives me nuts? This intro is vital to my quest. :(

DeFray
10-31-2005, 11:07 AM
Are you accounting for the smaller dungeon DMap?

All I can think of is that you're somehow warping into the wrong half of the Dungeon Dmap. Check your DMap screen to make sure that you can warp to the screen you're warping to.

koopa
10-31-2005, 11:50 AM
a room with four keese? sounds like the warp type could be set to "cave" which goes to room 80, and adds 4 keese if on a level dmap. I've never made cutscenes myself so I'm not sure if this will help.

Aegix Drakan
10-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Koopa??? I THINK you might be confused, because I DON'T WANT THE (BLEEEPIN) KEESE! sorry if I was confusing!

Smaller Dmap? what do you mean?

I used the GO command for every warp, to make sure it linked to the right screen, so I'm not sure why it's messing up.

Thanks, and keep posting please! (Tries again, warps mess up again. bangs head on wall)

Freedom
10-31-2005, 02:45 PM
Koopa is right, you are warping to screen 80.

If it is a timed warp, you have to use the sidewarp and if it is direct or stairs, use the tile warp.
Not setting a destination on the dmap will send you to screen 80, as will using the wrong type of warp

Aegix Drakan
10-31-2005, 04:38 PM
Oops! I think I was the confused one! sorry koopa! (I meant no offence to you, and I never will)

Yes, I am using a timed warp, and I set a sidewarp ( no sides selected) for each warp. the only problem occur when I move from one column to the next. The thing is, I know the warp is set properly, because I used the (GO) command in the sidewarp box, and it brings me to where the warp is suposed to go.

do you think it is a 2.10 related bug?

Freedom
10-31-2005, 05:41 PM
no I think you are setting it up wrong.

To do a timed warp, in screen data you have to fill in the tics for the time, and then you set the sidewarp info including warp type (like insta), dmap and screen number.
One thing though, the tics don't work right on the first opening screen, timing can be off, but that is just on the opening screen of the game.

I don't know what you mean by moving from one column to the next

Aegix Drakan
11-01-2005, 09:14 AM
I mean I am warping from screen 77 to screen 06. in the little Static filled "map" in the lower left part of the screen, 77 is the lowest rightmost screen. 06 in one "column" over on the "map".

I am certain I set the warps up properly, becaue I used the GO function which showed that the warp destination was the one I wanted. I will check my warps again, just in case.

[EDIT] ehehehehehe... :D You were right freedom. it turned out that one of my warps wasn't properly set up. sorry for any inconvenience I might have caused you. thanks again.

(I'll make sure my warps are done right next time :D )

koopa
11-02-2005, 03:04 PM
I landed in room 80 enough times by mistake in my quest to know exactly what those keese mean. Now I double-check all my warps. It seems a non-set warp defaults to screen 80. Like not setting a warp in the triforce room.

As for "samller dmap" I ran into some problems making rooms on the right side of my map (08-0f) if it is a dungeon or BS dmap in which case it is only supposed to be 8x8 not 16x8, and then you can still walk up and down in rooms like 1a but NOT left or right.

I look forward to playing your quest when it is finished, aegix.

Aegix Drakan
11-02-2005, 03:09 PM
:D

thanks koopa! You don't know how cool it is to hear that! I'll send you a PM the second I post it up! I WOULD send you a Demo right now, but I want my quest to be a surprise to everyone. if you really want a demo though, just let me know!

(Darn! I was gonna give you rep, but I need to spread it around first)