PDA

View Full Version : Castle/Palace Tileset Complete. Release Soon. Preview Within.

Knightcrawler
10-31-2005, 03:28 AM
Okay, the tileset is done now. Yeah it took longer than I said earlier. That's life. All that there is left to do is to make it into an image-based tileset and create nice preview shots. Below is a screenshot of a very basic castle you can make with this. Yes, that implies that you can do much, much, much more with the tileset. I believe I've made more tiles in this tileset than there are in the original Newfirst tileset (excluding the sprites. If you include the sprites, it's about the same).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Knightcrawler/Preview.jpg

The tileset will be ready before the previews (which are necessary for sending it to PureZC), so any experienced quest or tile/sprite-makers (not ripper) can have an early copy. The tileset will probably be ready by tomorrow, and it will be openly available by Friday at the latest. This is because it will take me a while to figure out layers again (I've taken a long ZC break), which are necessary for nice previews. Toward that end, it would be much appreciated if the people I send early copies to make a few preview shots for me. :-P Just wait until you guys see the marble palaces. ;-) A color swap can make it granite if you want that. :-P Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Aegix Drakan
10-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Nice!

Just the kinda thing I need for my quest!

looking good knightcrawler!

Zelda Master
10-31-2005, 06:51 PM
Nice one! maybe a can actually make a castle with this...:rolleyes:

Knightcrawler
11-01-2005, 05:00 AM
I've sent early copies to BrittainianHero and Zelda Master. If you want one too, Aegix, just say so. Although I might just submit it by that time anyway. :-P Tell me what you think of it.

Aegix Drakan
11-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll wait (it's for the 7th or 8th dungeaon anyway)

It's amazing that just when I realised that I needed a castle tileset, you make one! :D

And it's a good thing you did! I would have been making a castle out of a cliff if you hadn't made it!

Keep it up knightcrawler!

Knightcrawler
11-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Do either of the recipients have any comments? Do any other people want advance copies? I'm probably going to make a 2.1 before I submit it to PureZC. If there's anything glaring that I missed, you gotta tell me.

*Edit*

I edited the topic name to reflect the status of the tileset. In other words, it's been released to PureZC. You'll all be able to download it from there. Please do so. :) BTW it is v 2.1, not v 2.0 I released to those two early.

*Double-edit*

Oh, I guess you can't change the topic name like that...

Knightcrawler
11-12-2005, 01:18 AM
I just want to bump this to make everyone aware that it's out at PureZC and it's 2.1, not 2.0 that I sent out the Monday before this one. And if you rate it, rate the tileset, not my mock-ups. :-P