PDA

View Full Version : Tetris Lovers, try this one out.

Eckels
10-30-2005, 10:57 PM
http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f2.html

If you have a good video card, use the in game options to set the resolution to something high, like 1200x1600.

In my opinion it's the most beautiful tetris incarnation i've ever seen. excellent game mechanics too. You can also set the board to small (which is like a 6x10 board) or huge (which is just really big). be sure to leave all the backgrounds on too, and the enhanced features.

But then I've always loved tetris so you may hate it, and if you do, to hell with you, because your opinions don't count.

Darth Marsden
10-31-2005, 04:34 AM
Sweet. Tetris rocks. I'll always remember that music - Doo-do-do-do...

Haven't tried out the game, but that's 'cause my machine sucks. Looks pretty cool though.

Lutraphobiac
10-31-2005, 06:23 AM
My god waisted precious sleep hours playing this game tonightl. I both love and hate you for showing this. Btw Huge = LONG game

goKi
10-31-2005, 08:26 AM
Some reason, it doesn't work too good on my 2600+ desktop with 1024mb RAM and a Radeon 9600XT, but runs brilliantly on my 2800+ laptop with intergrated X200 video and 256MB. :\

That aside, excellent tetris incarnation.

Verman
10-31-2005, 08:59 AM
Haven't tried out the game, but that's 'cause my machine sucks. Looks pretty cool though.

Your machine looks cool? Does it look like a banana with a mustache cause that would be cool...

As for the game, it kicks ass! Only tetris i remember thats better was mortal pongbat and it wasnt even tetris! You got to do moves on your opposite paddle! KICKED ASS!

ShadowTiger
10-31-2005, 02:06 PM
The only thing that sounds better that's tetris-related, is Tetris: Counterstrike. ... ... That would be fun. > >.' Just try to imagine it. lol.

All the download links on the site for it are broken at the moment. I'll keep looking for more...

AlexMax
10-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Decent looking, but relying on lots of sparkly stuff instead of good art direction. Control felt very loose, like I didn't have very good control over my pieces. Good music, at least what was there.

I give it 6 out of 10, where 0 is garbage, and 10 is The New Tetris.

DarkDragoonX
11-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Yeah, I've had that for a while now. Tetris is okay, but Dr. Mario is my puzzle/reflex game of choice.

*b*
11-01-2005, 04:37 AM
looks cool enough, and I love Tetris, but I can't seem to download it... can anyone post a working link?

Beldaran
11-01-2005, 05:02 AM
looks cool enough, and I love Tetris, but I can't seem to download it... can anyone post a working link?

Near the bottom of the download page are three download links. The first one doesn't work. Choose the second link.

It's a pretty cool program. It's more impressive from a programming standpoint than a game standpoint. I don't like the controls. They are sticky and clunky. But the graphics are nice. It's a nice demonstration of 3D programming.

Rainman
11-01-2005, 10:27 AM
It's a pretty cool program. It's more impressive from a programming standpoint than a game standpoint. I don't like the controls. They are sticky and clunky. But the graphics are nice. It's a nice demonstration of 3D programming.
You know you can change the controls. ;) I put the rotate buttons above the spacebar to make it easier to reach.

Also, I think the sticky problems on your end. :)

Beldaran
11-01-2005, 12:16 PM
You know you can change the controls. ;) I put the rotate buttons above the spacebar to make it easier to reach.

No, that's not what I mean. I know you can change the controls. I did so.

heh, again not what I mean. I mean the input handling is stiff. Find and download a program called Acid Tetris and you'll see what I mean. It's liquid smooth with its response times and you can really get into a speed rhythm that allows you to kick ass. In this game, there is a slight delay when you change directions and you often have to lift your fingers off the keys to press a new direction.

The difference between Acid Tetris and this game is like the difference between the doggy paddle and a torpedo.

Darth Marsden
11-01-2005, 12:17 PM
The only thing that sounds better that's tetris-related, is Tetris: Counterstrike. ... ... That would be fun. > >.' Just try to imagine it. lol.Dude, you totally need to check out this game. (http://thetravisty.com/Games.php?FN=Flash_Counter-Strike.swf)

ShadowTiger
11-01-2005, 01:21 PM
... ... But ... ... But .. ... It wasn't tetris. :shakeno: ....

[J/K] Heh. Awesome. :D Thanks man. :p The effect is kinda ruined on the school's PC's, but it's cool nevertheless. I wonder if I can download the SWF alone for use at home.

BTW, (Directed to everyone) don't just check out the Tetris game, as great as it is on its own. There's a whole site out there to look at. Be sure to check out Jetpack, under the Platformer games. It's an old game that I'm sure everyone remembers. :)

AlexMax
11-01-2005, 04:42 PM

we meant the overall handling of the blocks, not the control layout itself.

and oh my god that's an awesome burn kudos to you good sir funniest thing i've read all day

Rainman
11-01-2005, 04:53 PM
we meant the overall handling of the blocks, not the control layout itself.

and oh my god that's an awesome burn kudos to you good sir funniest thing i've read all day
I sense sarcasm, but regardless there was no attempted burn so I don't know what you are talking about.

*b*
11-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Near the bottom of the download page are three download links. The first one doesn't work. Choose the second link.
the first and third links give me a 404 error, and the second link sends me to the main page

Beldaran
11-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Well I have no idea why it's doing that. For me, the second link leads to "http://www.caimen.us/ZZZ/Zetrix.zip" which is the URL of the .zip file for the game. Anyway, Here is the file (http://www.caimen.us/ZZZ/Zetrix.zip).

If this doesn't work, I suspect something might be going on on your end?

EDIT: ok weird, the link I posted took me to the main page as well, but yet when I click on the second link in Eckels post, I can download the game. wtf

Eckels
11-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Probably a leech preventer.