PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question...

tyler_m
10-30-2005, 11:57 AM
I've been out of the ZC loop for a while now, and just decided to jump back in. After using the editor like normal, and designing my starting area, I'd like to go test and make sure it all looks okay in game. Unfortunately, my Link keeps starting in the top left corner of a much smaller map instead of where I marked the starting place. Maybe things have changed in the past few versions, or maybe I'm just overlooking something. In the editor, I press pagedown once to get the second menu, select the green warp thing box, and place it. That should set my starting place for the overworld right? It seems like Link is actually spawning inside of a smaller 7x7 dungeon instead of the much larger overworld. Stupid question I know, but what am I doing wrong?

Phazite
10-30-2005, 12:24 PM
You need to use a DMap to make Link start where in the overworld. Go to your overworld Dmap and make the continue the screen where link starts. Also make sure the starting dmap is where Link starts too.

tyler_m
10-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Yep... That solved the problem. Much thanks to you! Now I can actually get something done.