PDA

View Full Version : Ocean problem

fire dragon
10-30-2005, 11:13 AM
I make now sailing game.Now I must start making sea screens,BUT how others make sea areas between two or three islands?I know two ways,but they works using side warps much.You must sail using flippers(boat).Can anybody help?

Phazite
10-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Since there is only one side warp for each screen, I don't think you could make an ocean screen between 2 or 3 islands if that's what you're asking.

fire dragon
10-30-2005, 01:23 PM
I know that,but warping isn't my problem.Island are different sizes and they aren't placed in line.And I don't want you must sail one side map to other side map when you search new islands.So how I can place "sea map pieces" and then put them together?When I think that thing,I guess that if someday someone see how my quest maded,he don't understand anything :D

DeFray
10-30-2005, 04:01 PM
I don't think I understand your question. So do you want to be able to have a lot of islands in a row, but you don't want the player to have to go a long way to reach them? Couldn't you just use whirlpool tile warps? I don't think I understand... sorry...

What's a sea map piece? Like in Windwaker? I guess you could set up a partial map for each area, and then finish the map when the player finds the map item. But you can't have more than two map images for one dmap. Is that what you were asking? :(

ZeldaLord
10-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Maybe you should take more care with your grammar, because I'm afraid I really can't understand you.

fire dragon
10-31-2005, 01:31 AM
Question is,how I can put together sea maps?Because I don't want long sailings,I must divide one map to smaller "pieces" and then connect them to islands and other sea map "pieces."

Yes,I know ZeldaLord,maybe I should stop game making?Or then I must stop asking anything...

DeFray
10-31-2005, 01:45 AM
I don't think you should stop game-making or asking. You have a lot of good ideas. This is the first question I don't understand.

Are you trying to make many maps appear on one map? That is unlikely to work unless you do some crazy DMap stuff, and it probably wouldn't work out well.

The best way to connect different islands would probably be tile warps.

I still don't think I understand this question... Do you mean that you want the player to be able to go long distances quickly, or does it have to do with the way the map looks, or what?

fire dragon
10-31-2005, 10:11 AM
Argh!I am confused too!I meaned that I make many dmaps,and then connect them.But forget it.I decided put islands in row.That should be easier.It don't be so natural,but okay,its a game.And one more thing,I don't wonder why anyone here can't undestand what I wrote,because its so hard tell,that I don't know if can say it my own language :)

But thanks anyway!

ZeldaLord
10-31-2005, 03:44 PM
You should make a new dmap for the sea as well. ;)