PDA

View Full Version : bs 1st problem level 6

nathanharcup
10-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi All,
I got to Gohma, and cannot shot him in the eye, his eye just flashes (never opens or closes) is this a bug with this game?

Thanks

nathanharcup
10-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Not to worry, it seems that the boss in level 6 is actually the boss from level 5
been years since I played this game, took a while to remember this, getting my nintendo out of the cuboard also helped LOL

AlexMax
10-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Moved to the appropriate discussion forum

ShadowTiger
10-29-2005, 11:47 PM
I'll assume that you've got this answered on your own, but just in case, ... ... That boss is a Digdogger, which you would use the whistle to split it into a smaller Digdogger, "kid." Kill that with any weapon of your choice.

The boss of Level 6, the Gohma, the giant 3x1 crab, must be shot with an arrow when his eye is open. But of course, you knew that already. ;) Note that there are two strengths of Gohma: Red, which needs but a single arrow, and Blue, which needs three arrows of wooden strength. Wooden arrows to 2 HP worth of damage, (2 wooden sword strikes, 1 white sword strike.) and Silver Arrows, I believe, .. do twice that amount. Possibly four times; I'm not quite sure.

Also note that in zelda Classic, there are two more Gohmas. The third Gohma, entitled simply "Gohma 3" is a reddish Gohma, (Or at least, uses the same color set which the red gohma uses. ;) ) shoots three unblockable fireballs downward in much the same way that L1's Aquamentus boss fires to the left. Wooden arrows cannot harm it; you need at least three silver arrows to its eye. The Gohma 4, is another blue crap, (Again, uses Blue Gohma's Color set, so can use any of the colors in that color set/row, not necessarily blue ones.) is by far the strongest of them all; needing at least 4 to 6 silver arrow shots, and when his eye is open, flames are shot rapidly from his eye for some reason. Be very cautious when facing those down.

Both Gohma 3 and Gohma 4 aren't in any official Zelda Classic quest, nor any Nintendo LOZ game.

EDIT: ... ... Guess which "b" I had typo'd as "p" ...