PDA

View Full Version : more questions

Yuke blackhawk
10-28-2005, 11:09 PM
What do cheats do? How do they work? And how do I make them?Also if it not to much trouble can some one make me a tutorial and quest on how to make minigames. just if its not to much troble.

DeFray
10-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Cheats have automatic functions. There are four levels. Level 1 allows you to refill bombs, rupees and hearts anytime. Level 2 allows you to adjust the max bombs, rupees and heart containers for Link. Level 3 allows you to give Link items and equipment, or give him extra Triforce pieces. Level 4 grants Link invincibility and lets you move quickly and walk through walls.

Cheats are activated during play of a quest. They are quest-specific - everyone's cheat codes will be different. In order to activate a cheat, just bring up the menu in the Zelda player (the one that shows up when you push esc or mouse click) and look for the Cheats option. It will ask you for a cheat code. Enter a code to activate the corresponding cheat. What the code is will be the questmaker's choice.

How do you put cheats into your quest? In ZQuest, click Quest-->Cheats. A menu pops up with four boxes and a check box. Unless you activate the check box, the Cheats menu will not even pop up when your quest is played. Each text box corresponds to one of the cheat levels. Simply enter your cheat code for that cheat level. If you put "c3" in the third text box, then entering the code "c3" while playing your quest will allow the player to use level 3 cheats. Also, activating one cheat level also activates any levels below it. So entering "c3" would activate cheat levels 1, 2, and 3.

If you don't put anything into one of the text boxes, then the player cannot activate that cheat level. They can still automatically activate it if they put in a cheat for a higher level, though.

Many popular quests have allowed the player to learn cheat level 1 somewhere in the game as a special secret. Allowing the player to learn level 3 or 4 cheats, though, would defeat the purpose of the quest because it would give them so much power. Cheats at level 3 and 4 are more often used for debugging-think of all the times you've entered an area you just created, only to find that you forgot to set the blue or green box and Link can't move. Putting cheat level 4 into your quest would allow you to walk through the wall and continue trying out the rest of the quest without making you start over again just to make one adjustment.

Oh, and once you enter cheat level 4, Link stays invincible until you push "I". I don't think the program displays that hotkey.

Yuke blackhawk
10-29-2005, 12:08 AM

DeFray
10-29-2005, 12:36 AM
No problem.

What kind of minigame are you looking for? There are a lot of different kinds...

Yuke blackhawk
10-29-2005, 12:03 PM
No problem.

What kind of minigame are you looking for? There are a lot of different kinds...

if its not to much trouble can you make a tutorial for all of them? I never knew that you could make minigames with ZC
until a few days ago

fire dragon
10-29-2005, 12:43 PM
All type mini games?Well,you must use your imagination.You can use secret combos,flags and example "enemies>secret" room data etc.
I can explain two very easy minigames to do.

Survivor game:
Game's idea is that you must survive trought many rooms that countains many enemies.
First create room that has door or stairs to other room and .place warps.The "other" room is fighting room.Arena or something.Put many enemies.Then go Data>Screen data and check the enemies>secret
Now go Tools>Flags and select flag 16.Fill the floor that flag.Then create direct warp tile that look like normal floor tile.Then go Data>Secret combos>misc and you see many black boxes.Put in first of them that direct warp tile and press ok.Then create new room and put tile warp to that room.Now when you kill all enemies,you enter next level.Put there different enemies and same things what you did first room.

Swimming or run game

First create room that have many boulders or something what you can't destroy.Then if you make swimming game,put water.Idea is you must hurry other side the room before time ends.So place stairs where you must go,or you must go outside room.Then go Data>Screen data and fill the timed warp tics box.This shows how much you have time.
Then make sidewarp,that leads you where you want when time end.Now game is ready.When time end you warp outside the room.So you must run other side the room.Simple?