PDA

View Full Version : New Rambo movie in the works.

cap2030
10-28-2005, 11:19 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/28/film.rambo.reut/index.html

Stallone is working on a making a new rambo while making new Rocky.

Not sure how it'll turn out but the rambo movies are among the best action movies ever made.

Beldaran
10-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Let me preface the following comments by saying Rambo fucking rocks, and Rocky is the best ever.

But still, Hollywood is so afraid of trying anything new that about half the movies that come out these days are just reheated versions of old movies. Hollywood fully deserved it's half a billion dollar drop in profits this year.

Darth Marsden
10-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Rambo is one of these things I feel pretty strongly about. I refuse to watch anything but the first film, because in the first film he was a troubled Vietnam veteran who had issues and was obviously an anti-hero, and in the sequels they just turned him into a generic action hero.

Rambo 4 will simply Hollywood's way of miling more cash from a series that shouldn't be ressurected. There is only one trilogy-becoming-a-foursome film that I'm looking forward to, and that's Indy 4. And even then I have my doubts - in recent years Speilberg has completely failed to learn that he should end his movies ten minutes earlier (See: A.I and War of the Worlds) and Lucas has just been an idiot for years (See: Episodes I & II as well as Episode III's clunky dialogue and incredibly arkward 'love scenes'). I'm praying to every god I know of that this one won't get screwed up, but in the bottom of my heart I know it will be. Sigh.