PDA

View Full Version : Layering in 2.10

LavaBall
10-27-2005, 09:57 AM
I tried IDONTKNOWS Tutorial but his Layering tutorial is confusing and the tabs are different and I want to make a rain in a map but I dont know due to the layer prob so if you can help me out on this I really would apreciate it

Version 2.10

Aegix Drakan
10-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Yeah Same Here!

The layer thing doesn't make any sense! BH4! Freedom! Somebody! Impart your wisdom to us!

LavaBall
10-27-2005, 10:27 AM
EDIT:I got it

To answer your question it is to
Go in another room and then make all the tiles there and put Layer 1/6 and then the room which tiles you not supposed to Lay.....Its hard to explain it to the guy who doesnt know but I got this Layer help from Secondry Quest,So download it if you deleted it or something and go find the clouds/smoke/gas area and do the Layer thing and you get it from there(There where I just learned it)

rocksfan13
10-27-2005, 10:38 AM
Actually, if you open the 210test quest, there are layers with rain on it. You can use that as an example.

Just remember if you use rain, clouds, or lightning, put them on layers 3 or higher. Layers 1 and 2 are on the base and anything on that layer, Link will walk over. Layers 3-6 are overheads, anything on that layer Link will walk under. These are great for tree tops and rain/snow.

P.S. Secondary quest is just the 210test quest, so don't need to download it, it's already there.

Aegix Drakan
10-27-2005, 10:50 AM
:)

Thanks guys.

The 2.10 test quest is no problemo, I have used it for these purposes already.

Now, I can make my misty forest maze!

LavaBall
10-27-2005, 10:51 AM
I deleted those quests for space of the Folder(I hate it when I have to use the scroll thing of going UP/DOWN due to too much items)But Secondary goes well for me however it also gaved me tips on Dungeon stuff like I use warps for entering dungeons as I dont know how to make Link moves UP as the enter door

Aegix Drakan
10-27-2005, 11:05 AM
I had trouble with the up thing too!

Here is the solution:

First: make an entrance warp to your dungeon (like a cave entrance)

Then, make the entrance (make sure you can exit with a scrolling warp)

three: place the green (and blue) squares at the bottom of the screen (in the entrance). Make sure it is as low as it can be, but make sure you can see all of the square.

Now, link should walk UP into the dungeon.

hope that helps!

rocksfan13
10-27-2005, 12:23 PM
That is correct. It will work like that on all 4 sides as long as you place the continue box(green) in the right spot. As long as you're using it as an entrance/exit warp into a dungeon. This also works in cave type maps as well.

To exit the dungeon you use a SIDE warp with entrance/exit type. Not a scrolling warp. A scrolling warp will just take you to the next screen. You must use some kind of insta-warp.

Aegix Drakan
10-27-2005, 02:06 PM
OOPS!

Did I say SCROLLING warp? I meant SIDE warp. I just confused the two because I use Scrolling type side warps a lot on my overworld (I have A LOT of Dmaps)

LavaBall
10-28-2005, 01:28 AM
Well atleast I use insta-warp and goes on where Link has to come from