PDA

View Full Version : problem

zelda777
10-26-2005, 08:31 PM
My freind is trying to use a title screen in his quest but the colors are messed up please help i tried to explain how to grab palletes. he does not get it please help him. by the way it is an oot title screen sorry if this is in the wrong section

Linkman90
10-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Well, I use GIMP to go into the pallete and convert it into only 16 colors. Make sure the first color on the pallete is the one you want to be transparent, otherwise it will completely screw up the process. Next, go into ZQ, and hit Quest, Graphics, Pallete, Level. Choose an empty level so you can make a new Pallete for it. Next, chose one of the blank palletes (I would chose 0) and hit grab. Then hit Graphics, Tiles, Grab, and grab the tiles out of the picture. Now go make the combos from those tiles. Then chose the OoT picture file with only 16 colors and grab the pallete. Then Choose a diffrent Dmap and make it use the newly made Title Pallete. After that go into a new screen for that Dmap and change that pallete for that screen to the Title pallete. Then start placing the Combos, and your all set. Good luck. ;)

Also, if you give me the screen, I will try to get it turned into 16 colors so all he has to do is the pallete part. ;)