PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this idea?

Skipper
10-22-2005, 06:59 PM
I am making a quest (Unknown name at moment) Their are two quests in 1. It goes like this: When you start the game up, there will be 2 screens. Both screens have a portal, and a string to tell you which quest you want to play. Like, on screen00, there will be a portal leading to 1 quest, and on screen01, there will be a portal leading to the other quest. The string on each screen will tell you what quest the portal wil take you to. Kind of like LttP/FS...except with portals to the 2 different games. What do you think? (P.S.:I will be using Pure Tileset Update Extreme) Any suggestions? :think:

cachitin
10-22-2005, 10:22 PM
That is a good idea. Do you think you can make one quest dark and one light? You can also make houses different and people in different places.

Skipper
10-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Hey, thanks. I might do that. I am thinking of when both quests are beat, there will be a secret quest that follows along with those quests. It will kinda be like the legend of zelda:OoA/OoS.So, cachitin, I might just take your idea.If i cant for some reason make 2 quests in 1, i will just release em indivisually.

Freedom
10-23-2005, 01:15 AM
You only get 8 triforce pieces, and items are only collected once, so a two in one quest would be a lot of extra effort that wouldn't really work out that well from the start. ;)

Aegix Drakan
10-23-2005, 08:18 AM
ACK!

Freedom just stated the obvious problem that none of us saw!

But there is a solution! just give half the items and triforce in one quest, and the other half in the other quest!

LavaBall
10-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Better idea would be like in Prince Of Persia Warrior Within I mean time changing so the Past Temples must be only accessed in the passed as they are crumbled in the present and the present ones havent yet bieng built or under construction in the past

koopa
10-23-2005, 10:13 AM
yeah, quests with several overworlds are great when the worlds are similar i.e. you could have a crack in a cliff in one world and you have to bomb the same place in the other ... or something like oracle of seasons.

Zelda_Warrior
10-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Or to get past the triforce problem just dont use the triforce dude, get to dungeon 9 using all of your items from past dungeons, maybe give the player an item instyead of a triforce piece at the end of every dungeon.

ShadowTiger
10-23-2005, 12:06 PM
You only get 8 triforce pieces, and items are only collected once, so a two in one quest would be a lot of extra effort that wouldn't really work out that well from the start. ;)This is basically what I'm doing in my Untold Chronicles of Link quest. I've got anywhere from 8 to 11 quests in there, (8, naturally, .. the ninth for a super final boss, and possibly two "easter egg" miniquests.) I doubt I'll be using any triforces at all, since there are ways around the "triforce requirement room."

In each of the quests, you'd recieve a special item. Thing is, you -CAN- use all of those items in each of the other quests. In the first quest, where you don't even have a sword for 100% of that particular quest, you'll find places to slash bushes for money. I should even put in some hookshot targets for extra rupees. You can always go BACK to the quest if you need to, but only when you've already finished it.

You could probably do the same thing in your quest. You can divide the special items between each of the two quests, and for each item which appears in that specific half of the quest, ensure the player -needs- those items to pass it, but also put uses for the other items not in the quest as bonuses.

Aegix Drakan
10-24-2005, 08:57 AM
Again wisdom flies from his mouth.

Hey wait! what was that? BH4 IS MAKING A QUEST! nice! Let me know when it's up and running, I'll download it before you can say, bob's yer uncle. (If you made other quests, I haven't found them yet, could they be on pureZC?)

this whole topic rocks. great ideas everyone!