PDA

View Full Version : Oh No! (Dun dun dun...)

zoraking
10-21-2005, 09:44 PM
I have a dilemma that I thought wasn't Rock Bottom worthy, but if it is, I understand if it is moved...

Okay, this may seem really lame but oh well. At lunch we have those circular tables that seat 7-9 people. Ours has 10 now. One of our "clique-esque group" members wasn't at school today (I was sad because I look forward to seeing her at lunch, she has a great sense of humor) and we all realized that the table will fit 9 comfortably. So we, (by which I mean three people that sit on the other side of the table,) decided that the group has to vote a member out. It is actually just a scheme to get one girl out of the table, but now we, (those three people again) have an excuse. I really don't want her feelings to get hurt, so I thought about just moving to another table of friends I have, but I realized that wouldn't solve the problem entirely. The one girl would still be there and I would potentially lose 9 friends because that is the only time I get to see them. They would also just ask the girl to leave anyway, which means I would move for no particular reason. What should be done?

[EDIT] By "clique-esque" I don't mean a clique, just a group of froends that are always together.

Shinespark
10-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Leave the table. I understand from reading this post what kinds of people your "friends" are, and trust me, you want nothing to do with them. Ask this girl to join you at another table.

Some Kinda Hate
10-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Is it possible to take another table and move it to expand the table you're at?
We did that last year and it worked quite nicely so that everyone could sit together with room to spare.

zoraking
10-21-2005, 10:58 PM
No, it is a small circular table. But that isn't the point, they want this girl out and I don't know why. I barely know her though.

Shinespark
10-21-2005, 10:59 PM
That would solve no problems. If you read the post you would understand that they are using the geography of the table as a tool to exclude someone from their 3l33t group.

Dechipher
10-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Including/excluding people is the dumbest shit ever. Are you the 8th grade or something?

Machiavelli
10-21-2005, 11:44 PM
In y school, no matter how large our group is, we all squeeze our asses into one table. Out tables are rectangular and dont have benches, they have stool-like chairs. There are eight chairs to a table. we would fit up to 12-14 (sometimes up to 16!) people on there. Sometimes, we would occupy two tables or move tables around like SKH said. But it was more fun with us all trying to fit at one table.

What you're doing does seem very young. If you don't want a person to sit with you, just tell them. It will not be the end of the world, for either of you.

algam86
10-21-2005, 11:49 PM
I'd say...if they're willing to kick someone out of the table because there's not enough room, they could do the same thing to you if someone new came to the table that they happened to like.
This is coming from a sophomore who had a really bad day at school, but I've never liked cliques, because you can never completely trust anyone in the group. It's like a gang: they can turn on you at any time.
My advice is to do what you think would make you feel best about yourself in the long run. Otherwise, if you're like me, you'll end up regretting it for a very long time...

Gerudo
10-21-2005, 11:57 PM
"oh no, <insert bullshit reason about not wanting person around>, so we dont want you around..."

tell your friends to shove whatever egotistical reason they have for not liking someone up their ass. they're going to learn later in life that they cant always choose who they're around.

zoraking
10-22-2005, 08:46 AM
What you're doing does seem very young. If you don't want a person to sit with you, just tell them. It will not be the end of the world, for either of you.

I don't want anyone to move. I think that the table is comfortable with 10 people and I like everyone that sits there. I was planning on voting (what a gay idea) Jesus Christ out of the table that way I wouldn't feel guilty at all. If you need to know, there are 8 girls and 2 guys (me and the gay guy) that sit there now.

Archibaldo
10-22-2005, 10:15 AM
You can never trust girls. 4 of my 5 friends that I hang out with at school are girls. And you should hear what they about each other behind one anothers back. It seems that no matter how close some girls seem to be, they all hate each other.

I'm assuming that the three people who want this girl out are girls? In that case, you give them and empty threat. Threaten them that if they vote the other girl out then the other 7 of you will vot those three out. That should shut them up.

MacWeirdo42
10-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Heh... My opinion is that this is a warning sign. Go ahead and leave... You don't want to be hanging out with the kind of people who would do something like that. We've had a similar situation a couple of times with my group of friends... Currently, there's this really annoying guy that nobody likes and nobody wants to be around, but at the same time, he's still our friend and none of us has the heart to just kick him out of the group (as much as we would all like to). But my freshman year, I hung out with this group of people who turned out to be real jerks, and I ended up getting out early, but a good friend of mine stayed in, and ended up essentially getting thrown out.

zoraking
10-22-2005, 10:45 AM
I've known these people since 6th grade (except two of them that went to my elementary school too.) so it's not like I just met them. I'm a sophomore this year so that is like five years of friendship gone. They aren't normally like this though, maybe just PMS. =/