PDA

View Full Version : I will beta test your games

Skipper
10-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey, if anyone is in need of me testing out their games, I can help. Just send them to me at [email protected](As you can see, i am going crazy of boredom here...)

Freedom
10-21-2005, 02:35 PM
With all due respect, how can you effectivly test when you don't know how the program works?
I just saw your thread about strings in bug reports, which should have been placed in this forum instead of that one, since not knowing how doesn't qualify as a bug.
Before testing someones quest you really need a good idea of what it's supposed to do, and then an idea of why if it's not.
In my sig below is my page with some links to tutorials as well as other information that could get you started off on the right track.

Aegix Drakan
10-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah, whatever Freedom said. :D

You should make at least one quest before you test someone else's. that way, you know what to look for in a good quest, and you will be familiar with what causes problems.

Also, if you post a tread like this, People will be less likely to trust you. it's like barging into a perty without being invited. get to know the other posters (as well as ZC) before askingto beta test. In fact, wait untill someone asks for a tester, THEN make an offer to test their quest.

rocksfan13
10-22-2005, 12:08 AM
I completely agree with both freedom and Aegix Drakan. Gain some experience first. Then when you think you're ready, request it of someone offering.

Zelda_Warrior
10-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Maybe Skipper has made a quest before, but hasn't released it, or just posts more often at purezc then here and looks like a zc noob but isnt.

zelda777
10-22-2005, 03:16 PM
I am making a quest it will be out soon you can beta test it

Skipper
10-22-2005, 06:44 PM
See, I get Zelda Classic, and know just about enough about Zelda quest maker. And anyway, I already made another fangame for a different project(Not ZeldaClassic). Oh, and I apologize for being kinda rude(If thats what everyone else calls what i was acting like earlier)

Skipper
10-22-2005, 06:48 PM
See, I get Zelda Classic, and know just about enough about Zelda quest maker. And anyway, I already made another fangame for a different project(Not ZeldaClassic). Oh, and I apologize for being kinda rude(If thats what everyone else calls what i was acting like earlier)

Um...how do I deleat this thread? Im kinda new to the forums... :shakeno:

DeFray
10-22-2005, 07:43 PM
If you want to delete the entire thread, you can't. All you can do is ask a moderator to do it for you, and then they can delete the thread if they think it's a good idea. (or maybe they can just lock it... I don't know)

But you can change your individual replies with Edit. While you're logged in look by any individual post you made for the Edit button.

The edit button is also useful because you don't have to double-post.