PDA

View Full Version : Return to Dark World

Pages : [1] 2

soxfan2k4
10-21-2005, 09:28 AM
So I'm in the Lost Cave and have come to the final room with the two sets of blocks, but I cant do anything with them. All I am equipped w. right now is bombs, the wooden sword, and red candle. Did I miss something?

ms_zelda_lady
10-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Have you bombed walls and pushed blocks? If you haven't done those 2 things you are missing something you definitely need.

ms_zelda_lady

soxfan2k4
10-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Bombed walls and pushed blocks within the cave? No I havent done that yet.......

erm2003
10-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Not in the cave, try going back to level one and checking a few things out. There is another secret there.

soxfan2k4
10-21-2005, 11:42 PM
I think I found it.......

Yep, I did.... Strange combo :)

Now that I've gotten through Moblin Villa, I know the stepladder is there somewhere, and I know where, I just cant find my way to the room. I will post a screen shot tomorrow

sasja
10-22-2005, 06:27 AM
I'm now up till level 8 and never found a shield did I missed something. great quest

soxfan2k4
10-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Here are my two screenshots. If ANYONE can tell me how to get to the room right above where I am in the first picture, it would be greatly appreciated

Need to get north of here (http://www.geocities.com/bomber_1995/zelda005.bmp)

I know I have to get to the island on the right side of this room, but cant figure it out

Right Island (http://www.geocities.com/bomber_1995/zelda004.bmp)

erm2003
10-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Sasja: I'm glad you are enjoying it! Both sheilds are in the game. The first shield upgrade is pretty well hidden in the Dark Temple (the gateway between the light and dark worlds). However, since you are now in level 8, you should be able to find the mirror shield. Did you find the entrance to the level in the light world? The shield is hidden somewhere in there.

soxfan2k4: In the second picture you posted, just hold left as you take the raft path. The island on the right is there just to throw people off. :D

drkptrs1975
10-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Has anyone found the Bracelet yet

erm2003
10-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Has anyone found the Bracelet yet

Search the light world mountains to find the first power bracelet. The more powerful version you can find later in the dark world.

drkptrs1975
10-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Not in the cave, try going back to level one and checking a few things out. There is another secret there.

Where at in Level 1. Can you give me more of a hint.

erm2003
10-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Where at in Level 1. Can you give me more of a hint.

Carefully search the 5 rooms to the right of the entrance in level 1. There is an area that looks like you can't get there, but you can.

Crackers
10-22-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm missing a key for lv1. from the entrance...left, up. It's for the door on the right. Found 2 bombable walls but only found 2 keys. I would post a screen shot but don't know how. I have pushed blocks and bombed, I think all the walls.

Zelda_Warrior
10-22-2005, 03:14 PM
You could've continued the other thread and not made a new one.

drkptrs1975
10-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Where do you go after the Moblin Villa

Crackers
10-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Zelda Warrior, are you talking about me starting a new thread?

Found the key.

sivart0
10-22-2005, 06:36 PM
HEY! who stole the name of my quest!?
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=85361

erm2003
10-22-2005, 10:19 PM
HEY! who stole the name of my quest!?
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=85361

Hey sorry sivart. I've had the name for this quest since I started it back around May 2004 when I started building it on ZC1.92 183. I did make sure that no one had completed a quest with this name though...

As for where to go after the Moblin Villa, there is a clue that tells you what to do in the Lost Woods. Just start looking for a new area to explore from the shore.

soxfan2k4
10-22-2005, 10:55 PM
soxfan2k4: In the second picture you posted, just hold left as you take the raft path. The island on the right is there just to throw people off. :D

Got to the room, but the treasure I go wasnt what I was expecting................................ Is the stepladder in 2? If not, how do I cross the moat north of the lost cave?

erm2003
10-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Got to the room, but the treasure I go wasnt what I was expecting................................ Is the stepladder in 2? If not, how do I cross the moat north of the lost cave?

Looks like you will have to cross that moat later. There is another area you can explore first. Go back to the shore area and look for another path you couldn't take until now. Use what you found in level 2.

sasja
10-23-2005, 06:46 AM
erm2003 do you mean the cave there,I search every room but couldn"t find it. is there a lens of truth in the game that will help me. there are also some places in the dessert and in the graveyard I couldn't come. the areas with the cross.

erm2003
10-23-2005, 10:04 AM
erm2003 do you mean the cave there,I search every room but couldn"t find it. is there a lens of truth in the game that will help me. there are also some places in the dessert and in the graveyard I couldn't come. the areas with the cross.

Sasja I will send you a PM.

soxfan2k4
10-23-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm through the mountains, and think I have to go to Death Mountain next (I found that w. the power bracelet) but I have a feeling I'm missing something from level 4 because there are two rooms I cant reach

Northeast of here (http://www.geocities.com/bomber_1995/zelda006.bmp)

Sorry for all the questions, but I am getting stuck :)

Han
10-23-2005, 12:45 PM
I went through level 2 and in to level 3 in the desert. In Moblin village there are two rooms I can not get in. Burned down all the bushes and pushed the blocks. Bombed walls but could not get in. In level 3 I need the stepladder but i can not find it anywhere around either level 1 or 2 or the chambers I went in in level 3. Bombed about all the rocks I saw and found some entrances but am really stuck now. Please help me out. A good quest though.
Han

erm2003
10-23-2005, 01:28 PM
soxfan: When you follow the map for level 4, you should notice that you actually have to enter one of the four dark squares in the center to get through the level. See if you can find your way into the other three for some other items.

Han: I am not too sure which rooms you can't get into in Moblin Villa. Did you find both the bow and arrow? If not then keep on trying to burn bushes. You will find some hidden stairways. And the ladder is in level 3. Look in a room that isn't shown on the map.

soxfan2k4
10-23-2005, 05:37 PM
Erm, if you take a look at the screen shot by click on "Northeast of here" in my previous post, you will see I already got the blue ring. Am I missing something else? :unhappy:

erm2003
10-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Erm, if you take a look at the screen shot by click on "Northeast of here" in my previous post, you will see I already got the blue ring. Am I missing something else? :unhappy:

Ah, sorry, I didn't notice the screen link there, I read it quickly. My bad! Go around to the right side of the level, 2 rooms before the boss room. You will see some zols in there and water. Try going to the left into the last hidden room you haven't been to yet. That will get you to the last area.

sivart0
10-23-2005, 05:52 PM
well, i really don't care, as my RttDW quest has been scrapped due to ZQuest freezing my computer >_>

Crackers
10-24-2005, 12:10 AM
I'm stuck again. I cant' find the ladder or the bracelet. Have been all over the desert but can't move the rocks. Is the ladder in a secret room? I've pushed all the blocks and got to the top of the "key" but not to the rooms on the right. Bombed walls but that didn't work. What are all the blue X's for? I've bombed, burned, stabbed and arrowed them and nothing happened. :)

erm2003
10-24-2005, 05:08 AM
I'm stuck again. I cant' find the ladder or the bracelet. Have been all over the desert but can't move the rocks. Is the ladder in a secret room? I've pushed all the blocks and got to the top of the "key" but not to the rooms on the right. Bombed walls but that didn't work. What are all the blue X's for? I've bombed, burned, stabbed and arrowed them and nothing happened. :)

Don't worry about the bracelet for now. You can find that in the mountains. Go back into level 3. Keep on going until you can't cross the water without the ladder. Try going down from there!

drkptrs1975
10-24-2005, 01:37 PM
How do you get out of the dark woods.

erm2003
10-24-2005, 05:48 PM
How do you get out of the dark woods.

You can't get do the next area directly from the Dark World. Go back to the Light World via the warp south of the Dark Temple. Then try to find a way back to the Dark World around the shore area.

kiwimum
10-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Hi, i have completed levels 1& 2 and have moved into the desert.have boomerang,bow/arrow,red latern and raft,somebody tells me i need a object that sparkles to enter the oasis, am i missing something, have looked around the desert with no luck, could someone please put me on the right track. Thankyou.

erm2003
10-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Hi, i have completed levels 1& 2 and have moved into the desert.have boomerang,bow/arrow,red latern and raft,somebody tells me i need a object that sparkles to enter the oasis, am i missing something, have looked around the desert with no luck, could someone please put me on the right track. Thankyou.

Look for a set of blocks in the northwest part of the desert and find a secret cave there. Open the passage using the same method you used to get into the desert. You will find an item inside that will give you access to the Desert Oasis.

kiwimum
10-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Thankyou erm2003 i will venture on and see what happens.

Crackers
10-24-2005, 07:14 PM
I need help finding the bracelet and also the blue ring. I'm in lv6 now and am not strong enough for the wizzards. you can PM me if you don't want to give it away. :)

erm2003
10-24-2005, 07:20 PM
I need help finding the bracelet and also the blue ring. I'm in lv6 now and am not strong enough for the wizzards. you can PM me if you don't want to give it away. :)

Both of those can be found in the Light World mountains area. The power bracelet is hidden in the northwest area outside. The blue ring is actually hidden in level 4. See if you can find your way into the middle rooms that don't show up on the map.

Crackers
10-24-2005, 07:24 PM
I've used tons of bombs to find the bracelet, Could you be a little more specific?

erm2003
10-24-2005, 08:56 PM
I've used tons of bombs to find the bracelet, Could you be a little more specific?

Sending a PM.

Crackers
10-25-2005, 01:16 AM
I found the blue ring. Wil go now and see if I can find the bracelet. What area is the mirror shield located in? The wizrobes are kicking my rear. Haven't made it very far in that dungeon yet.

erm2003
10-25-2005, 05:08 AM
I found the blue ring. Wil go now and see if I can find the bracelet. What area is the mirror shield located in? The wizrobes are kicking my rear. Haven't made it very far in that dungeon yet.

You won't get the Mirror Shiled until level 8. The Wizzrobe Shrine is designed to be a bit harder. Once you get the bracelet though you may be able to pick up an extra heart container somewhere in the lost woods (light world). Also, do you have the Magic Sword by now? That will help you out a lot with this level.

Crackers
10-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Yes I have the magic sword now. I didn't have it when I posted earlier. Also found the bracelet. I would never have found it without help though so thanks for the PM. Off to play

drkptrs1975
10-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Where is Level 4 at

soxfan2k4
10-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Oops - almost posted a cheater here :) Check your email ;)

dafeedil
10-25-2005, 03:13 PM

I went back to level one and couldn't find anything. could you give me a little hint. I also got to the last room of the lost cave tried bombing the walls but nothing worked??

soxfan2k4
10-25-2005, 03:57 PM
I went back to level one and couldn't find anything. could you give me a little hint. I also got to the last room of the lost cave tried bombing the walls but nothing worked??

Check your email

drkptrs1975
10-25-2005, 07:28 PM
I am lost on Level 5, did I miss something. I cannot find the wistle. I think I need that to get pass level 5.

erm2003
10-25-2005, 07:37 PM
I am lost on Level 5, did I miss something. I cannot find the wistle. I think I need that to get pass level 5.

Yes you need the whistle and it is in this level. Did you find your way to the upper left part of the map? There are some rooms filled with Pols Voice that have a bunch of statues that normally shoot fireballs at you. Look in those rooms for a hidden staircase. That will lead you in the right direction.

Crackers
10-25-2005, 11:15 PM
I finally beat lv6 but I can't find lv7. I have the hook shot but was there something is in the dungeon I should have gotten? There are 3 areas I can't get to. One is the far west dark. There are 3 blue white blocks in front of the entrance. Nothing I have will get me past. There is also the cemetary. I need the flippers to get across there but can't find them. The other is in light world far north east. I'm really having a good time playing even though it's hard to find a few things. Makes it interesting. :)

erm2003
10-26-2005, 05:23 AM
I finally beat lv6 but I can't find lv7. I have the hook shot but was there something is in the dungeon I should have gotten? There are 3 areas I can't get to. One is the far west dark. There are 3 blue white blocks in front of the entrance. Nothing I have will get me past. There is also the cemetary. I need the flippers to get across there but can't find them. The other is in light world far north east. I'm really having a good time playing even though it's hard to find a few things. Makes it interesting. :)

I'll say this just so everyone knows. In the dark world woods you can NOT enter the Dark Temple blocked by those blocks. The idea is the Dark Temple is entered from the light world and is a 1-way gate to the dark world. You can use the whistle and hidden tiles to go back and forth once you get through level 5, so don't worry about that area.

Have you tried going to the mountains in the dark world? You may be able to make your way up there!

Oh, and as for other items besides the hookshot in level 6... yes, there is one more, but it's really well hidden. Here is a small hint. When you exit passageways in the level, try going back into them from the rooms you appear in. One of them changes and can lead to a secret item.

dafeedil
10-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Ok, I'm in the desert cave and came to the room where there are all the docks that you have to use the raft, but I can't seem to get down to the bottom dock to enter the next room. Am I doing something wrong?

never mind...duh :poke:

Blackbun
10-26-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm all done except can't find my way to the boss in lvl. 6. No shield until the mirror shield either! Made things interesting. Thanks!

drkptrs1975
10-26-2005, 04:02 PM
I found where you can get the Magic Shield, in the Dark World.

drkptrs1975
10-26-2005, 04:03 PM
However, I can't find Level 6

erm2003
10-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Believe it or not the Magic Shield is in the game a little earlier than you think. It's hidden pretty well and you can find it before you enter level 5.

If you still haven't found your way to the end of level 6, look for a hidden passage not too far from where you found the hookshot. That will lead you in the right direction.

drkptrs1975
10-26-2005, 06:06 PM
The Hookshot, where is that at.

erm2003
10-26-2005, 06:13 PM
The Hookshot, where is that at.

Well if you find level 6 it's hidden there. I don't want to post explicit directions because it would be a spoiler. Send me e-mail or a PM if you need details.

Blackbun
10-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Sorry, I'm still missing the trick in lvl. 6 to get to the boss. I know you mentioned near the hookshot, but I've tried whistling, bombing and pushing... Please PM or give me a more specific hint. Thanks!

Nevermind--those hands can hide well!

erm2003
10-26-2005, 07:58 PM
Sorry, I'm still missing the trick in lvl. 6 to get to the boss. I know you mentioned near the hookshot, but I've tried whistling, bombing and pushing... Please PM or give me a more specific hint. Thanks!

Nevermind--those hands can hide well!

Haha, glad you figured it out! I was just about to send a PM. Let me know if you need anything else.

Also, it would be great if you guys could leave some feedback for me and rate my quest. Thanks a lot for playing everyone!

Crackers
10-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Where is lv7? I got the "other" item in lv6 but still can't get to the grave yard or the upper right of light world which I assume is lv7. I tried using the whistle in dark world to get over there but no luck.

erm2003
10-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Where is lv7? I got the "other" item in lv6 but still can't get to the grave yard or the upper right of light world which I assume is lv7. I tried using the whistle in dark world to get over there but no luck.

Have you tried going to the mountains in the dark world yet? That will lead you in a better direction.

Crackers
10-27-2005, 06:46 PM
I've been to the far west in the dark world mountains and used the whistle, did some bombing and still can't find the route. Is there a place I have to bomb to get to lv7?

kiwimum
10-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Hello, its kiwimum again, i am having trouble finding Lvl 6 have seen lev 7 & 8, but 6 is eluding me, have not found the bracelet either, you hinted that there is a secret passage, please another hint. Thankyou, like this quest having fun.

erm2003
10-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Crackers: Did you find the pond in the mountains that you can't cross? There is a cave on the other side that you can't reach from where you are. Go one screen south and enter the cave there to find the pass. The level is in the same place that the Tower of Hera was in for the light world.

kiwimum: For the bracelet, bomb around the north west area of the mountains in the light world. You will find your upgrade soon anyway. As for level 6, there is a cave entrance along the shore that you need another item to get into. There was a message that tells of a secret pond hidden in the dark forest. Find it and the item there will help you enter level 6 as well as another special cave on the shore of the light world.

kiwimum
10-27-2005, 10:17 PM
erm2003
Found the bracelet, 2nd item necessary for cave and Lev 6. many thanks.

Crackers
10-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Thanks Erm, I did find the cave. I had forgotten all about the passageway. I do have another question. I'm in the right side of the dungeon and am stuck in a room with rocks. At least that's what they look like. I used all of my item against them but nothing works. Do I need the other bracelet? What area is it located in?

erm2003
10-28-2005, 05:26 AM
Thanks Erm, I did find the cave. I had forgotten all about the passageway. I do have another question. I'm in the right side of the dungeon and am stuck in a room with rocks. At least that's what they look like. I used all of my item against them but nothing works. Do I need the other bracelet? What area is it located in?

Look for a secret passage in the first part of the level. You will find it somewhere in Stone Tower. :D

Yoshi348
10-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Just want to say thanks for the great quest here. I really enjoyed myself; only missed two heart containers.

erm2003
10-29-2005, 09:15 AM
Thank you for your comments Yoshi! It's greatly appreciated!

Crackers
10-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Where's the beef? I can't find the "food" Is it in lv7? I've been wandering around looking for some but can't find any.

erm2003
10-30-2005, 01:24 AM
Try bombing some of the rock formations within the level to find a secret passage.

kiwimum
10-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Have finished this quest,found level 9 a bit of a challenge but got there in the end. Really enjoyed this quest. Well done erm 2003.

Crackers
10-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the help, I found the "beef" :) I went up from that location and found 2 dogono's and a couple of Zols. I killed all the ememies but nothing happened. I also found 2 push block, left and right of upper center. I pushed, bombed, and whistled and still nothing happened, On the right you can walk on the rocks behind the block you can push on the right side. I didn't find any items here. What am I missing in this room?

erm2003
10-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the help, I found the "beef" :) I went up from that location and found 2 dogono's and a couple of Zols. I killed all the ememies but nothing happened. I also found 2 push block, left and right of upper center. I pushed, bombed, and whistled and still nothing happened, On the right you can walk on the rocks behind the block you can push on the right side. I didn't find any items here. What am I missing in this room?

Try pushing the block onto the rocks you can walk on. That may trigger a secret.

oldtimer
10-31-2005, 12:25 PM
Please give me another hint to find lv6

Crackers
10-31-2005, 07:39 PM
:) Thanks erm2003. I finished the level. Is there a silver arrow in this quest? I still can't get to the upper right area. I haven't found the warp to get me in there... hate to keep asking for help but......... :rolleyes:

erm2003
10-31-2005, 08:44 PM
:) Thanks erm2003. I finished the level. Is there a silver arrow in this quest? I still can't get to the upper right area. I haven't found the warp to get me in there... hate to keep asking for help but......... :rolleyes:

Of course the silver arrow is in this quest, but you won't get it until after level 8.

What upper right area are you talking about? If it's the graveyard, you can access it from the dark world shore area now that you can swim...

Crackers
10-31-2005, 08:49 PM
Sorry erm2203. I was talking about the dungeon in the upper right of the light world. I tried to get there from the dark world too but no luck.

erm2003
10-31-2005, 08:54 PM
Sorry erm2203. I was talking about the dungeon in the upper right of the light world. I tried to get there from the dark world too but no luck.

OK, try to go through the dungeon in that area of the dark world first and see if you can find your way there. You will eventually be able to work your way to that area.

Crackers
10-31-2005, 08:59 PM
OK, try to go through the dungeon in that area of the dark world first and see if you can find your way there. You will eventually be able to work your way to that area.
Can you give me a hint as to how to get into that area? I've tried bombing but I think I might need to find a warp to enter but can't find that either.

erm2003
10-31-2005, 09:31 PM
Can you give me a hint as to how to get into that area? I've tried bombing but I think I might need to find a warp to enter but can't find that either.

I will send you a PM.

Crackers
11-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Just had to let you know that lv8 was a great dungeon. Really tests your skills as a player. (helps if you have lots of "goodies" too ;) ). My question is where is the lens? I'm missing 3 other items too, boots, master key and book, so maybe I can find them if I can get the lens. Have really enjoyed playing so hope your making another one!! :laughing:

erm2003
11-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey Crackers, thanks for the great feedback on my quest. I spent a lot of time beta testing this quest myself so that everyone could enjoy it without any hang ups. I am glad you enjoyed level 8!

I have hidden the lens and boots in the final level. I didn't really design my quest around using those items but I thought I would add a few elements to the final level that can use those items. The lens is optional though... but you have to find the boots. As for the magic key and book, I decided against using them in my quest. Don't bother looking for them.

As for another quest... well, I do have something that is partially in the works. I started on it this summer and I have two levels completed. Currently it's using the New BS graphics with version 2.10 but it has a lot more work to go. It will probably be in development for a while, but I will be sure to let people know when I am ready for testing in the future.

gekos
11-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Hey Erm, I'm stuck in Stone Tower. I'm in a room with 8 rocks(?) and a door to the west. Does that door open? What next?

erm2003
11-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Hey Erm, I'm stuck in Stone Tower. I'm in a room with 8 rocks(?) and a door to the west. Does that door open? What next?

Look for a secret path close to the beginning of the level. There is another item you need first before you can move those large boulders :D

Crackers
11-03-2005, 12:53 PM
:thumbsup: :clap: :) I finished your quest Erm and have to tell you it was great fun. I never did find the lens but didn't need it anyway. Great Job

erm2003
11-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Thank you Crackers! If you want to know where anything is that you missed just send me a PM. Glad you enjoyed my quest!

negra1948
11-04-2005, 01:14 AM
Can somebody help me? I'm playing level 8, I need a key to continue I push all the blocks, I dive and I bomb walls and nothing happen. I don't know what else to do.
PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found the key I needed. Now I need the maze path to find the arrow. Can someone HELP ME !!!!!!!

erm2003
11-04-2005, 06:21 AM
Can somebody help me? I'm playing level 8, I need a key to continue I push all the blocks, I dive and I bomb walls and nothing happen. I don't know what else to do.
PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which part of the level are you in? You may have to dive, you may have to check tombstones... just keep on checking. If you still can't find it send me a PM but be a little more specific with your location and progress in the level.

gekos
11-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Finally finished the quest. Very Nice Job erm. Thanks for the quest and thanks for the help. Excellent!

radder1
11-25-2005, 04:13 PM
I have finished Level 4 and got to the dark world, but I can't get past the woods maze and can't find level 5. Please help.

erm2003
11-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Hi radder: If you can't figure out the maze, there is someone in the dark world that will tell you how to get through... for a price. That would also require that you found the power bracelet back in the light world. If you don't have that either, then send me a PM and I can tell you how to get through.

nashvillan
11-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Greetings,

First time posting a thread on here.
Up till now I have always looked at other people's threads to find the answer to why I was stuck, but nobody else seems to have posted this problem so I wonder if I'm the only one with it.

Trying to make my way to the stone tower in level 4. I did the "required task" to get inside the cave blocked by a tree, but when I went inside the cave, the person explains what line of work he's in and that's it. It looks like it's supposed to be a shop of some sort, but there are no items offered in the shop. Did I miss something to trigger such items offered for sale? I'm also guessing I need this "item" to get inside the stone tower of level 4.

Also, I'm noticing I'm not able to hear any of the music. The music volume is turned up, and I can hear sfx just fine.

erm2003
11-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Hi nashvillan! Just so it doesn't make it too confusing, Stone Tower is actually the name of level 7. The Tower of Hera is the name of level 4. It's ok, you wouldn't have known that until you actually got into the level, but it may just avoid some confusion down the road.

If you haven't tried it yet, save and reload the quest and go back into that cave. There is a bug in 2.10 that sometimes won't let shops show up. If you go back there you will be able to buy a super bomb in that shop that will let you enter the 4th level.

As for your music problem, that may also be a 2.10 bug. Double check your audio settings on ZC to make sure though. This is the first time I have heard of this problem so if it's not a bug, then it could be a sound card issue. Have you had this problem with other quests as well?

Thanks for playing! Let me know if you have any more questions.

nashvillan
11-27-2005, 12:09 AM
As for your music problem, that may also be a 2.10 bug. Double check your audio settings on ZC to make sure though. This is the first time I have heard of this problem so if it's not a bug, then it could be a sound card issue. Have you had this problem with other quests as well?

Thanks for playing! Let me know if you have any more questions

Actually, now that you mentioned it, I haven't heard any background music with ANY zelda quest I've played.... with one big exception.... I did hear (wonderful) music in the openning area of the quest "Link to Tortuga", but once I left that area, the music abruptly stopped. That's the only time I've heard music in ANY zelda quest. It's a minor problem since the SFX work just fine but if someone were to design a quest in which the music changed for a purpose, (ie. the music suddenly changed in a certain room/area to hint to the player that it hid a secret... you know that's actually not a bad idea... I'm sure all quest editors welcome new/fresh ideas) I'd be sunk.

Hark, there's the items in the shop. Great, now I can continue... without music, but owell. It's still playable. Thanx again.

erm2003
11-27-2005, 12:03 PM
The only other thing I can think of is maybe you should try reinstalling ZC if you settings are set up correctly. There could have been an issue with allegro when it installed and maybe it didn't quite set up properly. Other than that, it could be a sound card compatability issue. I don't remember seeing any major posts about this issue under 2.10 bugs. Hopefully you will get your sound to work!

radder1
11-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Excellent quest so far!

I found the bracelet and Level 7, but I am really stuck trying to find the hammer to progress to Level 6. Could someone please PM me how to find it?

Thanks for the help.

erm2003
11-27-2005, 08:20 PM
PM on the way!

Questions
11-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi I just beat Level 5 and am totally lost. A little help here.

erm2003
11-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Now that you have the whistle you can use it to move between the two worlds. Look for a way to get from the Light World shore area to the Dark World shore area through a warp tile. Before you go though, search for a hidden pond in the Dark World forest for an item you need to enter the next couple areas. You may need to walk through something. :D

Questions
11-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Can you give me hint to find that pond. I swear I bombed, burned, and whistled evrywhere. It's starting to sound like it doesn't exist. :scared: :odd:

erm2003
11-28-2005, 08:24 PM
WARNING: Small Spoiler Alert!

Questions: In the woods from the level 5 entrance, go right, and up until you find the rocky wall. Try to go up again (walk through the rock) and you will find the hidden pond.

Questions
11-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Thanks. Damn I'm getting mauled in here. Can you provide directions to the magic shield. I know it's in the Dark Temple but it must be invisible or something.

erm2003
11-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks. Damn I'm getting mauled in here. Can you provide directions to the magic shield. I know it's in the Dark Temple but it must be invisible or something.

It is hidden pretty well. Try burning some bushes in there. :)

zrookie
11-30-2005, 06:11 PM
I have been having fun with this quest, but i have come to a spot that i am stuck. in level 8 in the maze is where i can't get through. could i please have a hint. thanks for the fun quest.

erm2003
11-30-2005, 07:40 PM
I have been having fun with this quest, but i have come to a spot that i am stuck. in level 8 in the maze is where i can't get through. could i please have a hint. thanks for the fun quest.

Thanks, I am glad you are enjoying my quest. To get through the maze you have to pay close attention to what the man says. He calls it a rather dull maze... think about it. Read carefully! :D

Questions
11-30-2005, 08:45 PM
How do I get to the boss of Level 6? I just got the boss key and I must have spent 800 rupees on potions to survive this place.

DefEdge
11-30-2005, 09:48 PM
I did hear (wonderful) music in the openning area of the quest "Link to Tortuga", but once I left that area, the music abruptly stopped. That's the only time I've heard music in ANY zelda quest.

Freedom used an mp3 for that quest, which is why you heard it. As for the music problem, go into Zquest. Then, choose the Etc menu option. In the third group, click on the Lost Woods selection, and see if it plays. If it does, exit out of Zquest and it will save a file for you, and your music problem should be fixed.

If that doesn't work, then I dunno...

erm2003
12-02-2005, 12:28 AM
How do I get to the boss of Level 6? I just got the boss key and I must have spent 800 rupees on potions to survive this place.

Look for a secret passage not too far from where you found the hookshot. That will lead you onto the right path.

Also, there is a very well hidden item in level 6 that may make it easier to fight those wizzrobes. Try going back into stairways once you emerge. One of them may give you a surprise. :)

Questions
12-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Yay beat level 6!

Now I can't find the bait in Level 7. I read back and saw "bomb rock formations". But where are these rock formations? All I've seen are blocks.

erm2003
12-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Yay beat level 6!

Now I can't find the bait in Level 7. I read back and saw "bomb rock formations". But where are these rock formations? All I've seen are blocks.

Try going to the right from the room where you need the bait. There are a couple rooms you can access here that will have some important items for you.

Sirencio
12-05-2005, 10:18 PM
It woudl be a great help to me if I could find the letter to be able to get the old woman to sell me potions.

I keep eating it in the Wizzrobe Shrine, and anything to sustain life would be awesome.

erm2003
12-05-2005, 10:33 PM
It woudl be a great help to me if I could find the letter to be able to get the old woman to sell me potions.

I keep eating it in the Wizzrobe Shrine, and anything to sustain life would be awesome.

Don't beat yourself too hard on this one... but you could have gotten the letter just after you beat level 3. Look at your overworld map in the light world. There should be a screen that you haven't been to yet in the area where you go from the Lost Woods to the Mountains. Try seeing if there is a hidden raft path there. ;)

Sirencio
12-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Don't beat yourself too hard on this one... but you could have gotten the letter just after you beat level 3. Look at your overworld map in the light world. There should be a screen that you haven't been to yet in the area where you go from the Lost Woods to the Mountains. Try seeing if there is a hidden raft path there. ;)

I should have caught that one, after the same thing held me up for so long in the dungeon with the same type of hidden raft path. :laughing:

Great quest, btw. It's totally sucked me in.

erm2003
12-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Thank you! I am glad you are having a good time with it!

musictopia10
12-06-2005, 01:55 PM
I passed level 2. I tried to enter the desert but I do not have the bow. I have the arrows. Where do I get the bow from?

musictopia10
12-06-2005, 02:04 PM
Nevermind. Found the bow also in level 2.

musictopia10
12-06-2005, 03:26 PM
I made it past level 4. I cannot find the power braclet. I searched the entire mountains but cannot find it. Where is it? How do I get to where it is from level 4? Also, how do I get to level 5? I cannot seem to be able to get to anywhere else now.

erm2003
12-06-2005, 05:24 PM
I made it past level 4. I cannot find the power braclet. I searched the entire mountains but cannot find it. Where is it? How do I get to where it is from level 4? Also, how do I get to level 5? I cannot seem to be able to get to anywhere else now.

The power bracelet can be found hidden in the far northwest part of the mountains. You need bombs to find it. Check there and you will find a secret cave.

Also, make sure you found all the items in level 4. You should have left with the blue ring and the bait.

Once you are set, you have to make your way to the southwest part of the lost woods. There is a temple there that you can enter (use your sword to move the blocks). The Dark Temple will lead you on to your next area.

Good luck!

musictopia10
12-06-2005, 08:43 PM
I found the power bracelet. However, I cannot find the meat on level 4. I went into every room. There are 2 rooms I cannot get to. Cannot figure out how to get to those rooms. Tried every block on every room. How do I get to the meat from the beginning of the level?

erm2003
12-06-2005, 08:46 PM
I found the power bracelet. However, I cannot find the meat on level 4. I went into every room. There are 2 rooms I cannot get to. Cannot figure out how to get to those rooms. Tried every block on every room. How do I get to the meat from the beginning of the level?

Did you find your way to the four rooms in the middle off the map? You HAD to get into one of them. But try to make your way into the other three to find the other items in the level.

musictopia10
12-06-2005, 08:51 PM
I was able to go into the three rooms. Cannot figure out how to get to the fourth room. The first one (lower left), leads to the left. The upperleft is a trap. The upperright leads to the blue ring. How do I get to the fourth one? Tried to bomb down from the third one. Was not able to do so. Tried to walk through but could not do that either.

erm2003
12-06-2005, 08:56 PM
I was able to go into the three rooms. Cannot figure out how to get to the fourth room. The first one (lower left), leads to the left. The upperleft is a trap. The upperright leads to the blue ring. How do I get to the fourth one? Tried to bomb down from the third one. Was not able to do so. Tried to walk through but could not do that either.

Try to approach it from the right side, not far from the boss room.

musictopia10
12-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Passed levels 4 and 5. However, I cannot figure out how to get to level 6. What do I need to do after passing level 5?

erm2003
12-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Passed levels 4 and 5. However, I cannot figure out how to get to level 6. What do I need to do after passing level 5?

Look at posts 101 and 102. They give directions to a hidden location that holds an item that you need to progress through the quest. Look for different areas that you can use this item to help you find other more powerful items in the quest!

To actually find level 6, you can use the item in level 5 to go back to the Light Wworld. Somewhere in the shore area, there is a way to use your item from level 5 to create a warp back to the Dark Wworld. The shore area in the Dark World is where you need to go.

musictopia10
12-07-2005, 11:36 AM
How do I get to the wallet on level 4?

erm2003
12-07-2005, 05:53 PM
How do I get to the wallet on level 4?

Hmmmm... actually the first wallet isn't in level 4, it's in level 5. And it's hidden quite well may I add. You have to look for a hidden room off the map towards the final area of the level. Keep on trying to bump up against some walls and you may find a nice secret. :D

musictopia10
12-07-2005, 11:22 PM
I found another heart container. However, I still could not find the wallet. There are 2 rooms off the map. The first one was just a hint. The second one had a stairway to the container. How do I get to the wallet on level 5?

erm2003
12-08-2005, 01:04 AM
I found another heart container. However, I still could not find the wallet. There are 2 rooms off the map. The first one was just a hint. The second one had a stairway to the container. How do I get to the wallet on level 5?

Try looking in the triforce room :)

musictopia10
12-08-2005, 02:57 AM
I got the hookshot. How do I get to the second item that is hidden to help against the wizzards? A previous hint said it was close to where I got the hookshot. I tried everywhere near but could not find anything.

erm2003
12-08-2005, 06:35 AM
I got the hookshot. How do I get to the second item that is hidden to help against the wizzards? A previous hint said it was close to where I got the hookshot. I tried everywhere near but could not find anything.

Close to where you got the hookshot was for the stairway that leads to the boss for the level. Whem you emerge from stairwells, try going back in. One of them in the level somewhere may lead you elsewhere. That's all I will say about that only because the hidden item is optional and you don't need it to finish the game. :)

musictopia10
12-08-2005, 11:49 AM
I cannot seem to find the stairway that leads to the boss at all. I tried everything close to the hookshot but no luck. Where is that stairway at? Is it up, same room, right, etc.

erm2003
12-08-2005, 07:05 PM
I cannot seem to find the stairway that leads to the boss at all. I tried everything close to the hookshot but no luck. Where is that stairway at? Is it up, same room, right, etc.

It's in the same room you got the compass... just try the rooms that are right around the hookshot. Make sure you kill all the enemies and then try to move some blocks.

musictopia10
12-08-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm on level 7. Got the flippers and the key. I opened the door going down. How do I make more progress in the dungeon? Do I need the level 2 braclet? If so, where do I get that from?

erm2003
12-08-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm on level 7. Got the flippers and the key. I opened the door going down. How do I make more progress in the dungeon? Do I need the level 2 braclet? If so, where do I get that from?

Look for a series of hidden rooms by the entrance to the level. That will lead you to a few surprises. When you think you can't go any further, keep on looking for more hidden secrets!

musictopia10
12-08-2005, 10:18 PM
I am by the entrance of level 7. I do not see any secret rooms. I tried to move the blocks. Could not do so. I tried moving the blocks right before getting in. Could not do that. Went to the next room and still could not move any blocks. What do I do from here?

musictopia10
12-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Nevermind. Was able to walk through a wall.

erm2003
12-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Nevermind. Was able to walk through a wall.

Good, I am glad you found it. Keep on looking for other paths when you can't find another way to go.

musictopia10
12-08-2005, 10:36 PM
I found the meat. Went up one room. Cannot figure out what to do from here. Moved 2 blocks. However, still no secret. Tried bombing and using the whistle, hookshot. What do I do in that room? I did make it to the room where I could carry more bombs. However, I cannot seem to be able to get to any more rooms now.

erm2003
12-08-2005, 10:40 PM
I found the meat. Went up one room. Cannot figure out what to do from here. Moved 2 blocks. However, still no secret. Tried bombing and using the whistle, hookshot. What do I do in that room? I did make it to the room where I could carry more bombs. However, I cannot seem to be able to get to any more rooms now.

One of the blocks in that room needs to be pushed in a certain direction to trigger the secret. Keep on trying things. If you walk around the room enough, you may find something that can give you a little hint on where to push it.

musictopia10
12-08-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm past level 7 now. I found a passage that leads to a cave. I made it to the second screen but there is a tree that is blocking it. How do I get rid of the trees so I can pass through? Also, there is a spot on the northeast part of the light and dark worlds I cannot seem to get to. How do I get to those spots?

musictopia10
12-08-2005, 11:52 PM
I tried going into level 8 but I just got the superbomb. It is not obvious where in the graveyard to use it. Do not want to waste it on every tomb. I saw one where there was three and some transparent ghosts. Tried it there but that was not it.

erm2003
12-09-2005, 06:17 AM
I tried going into level 8 but I just got the superbomb. It is not obvious where in the graveyard to use it. Do not want to waste it on every tomb. I saw one where there was three and some transparent ghosts. Tried it there but that was not it.

The old man told you to use the bomb on the left ghoma statue. So look for the ghoma statues in the graveyard and use it on the far left one.

musictopia10
12-09-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm in the dull maze part of level 8. I cannot figure out how to get out of it. I tried many combinations with no luck. The man said its a rather dull maze. Dull would mean the same direction. I tried up, up, up, up down, down, down, down, left, left, left left right cannot be used because it leads to a different screen. can you give me some possible combos? There must be many possibilities.

musictopia10
12-09-2005, 01:21 PM
I got the red ring and now I cannot seem to be able to go anywhere. How do I get to the boss? I alway have the big key.

musictopia10
12-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Figured out the walk through wall. Found every room in that one except for the bosses room. How do I get to the bosses room?

Questions
12-09-2005, 06:41 PM
I've been as far as the ganon statue in level 7 and as far as possible in the secret area left of the entrance. Now where are the flippers!!! Are they invisible or something!!!!

erm2003
12-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Musictopia: Go back to where the old man gave you the super bomb, the main entrance to level 8 in the dark world. You will see a boss key door.

Questions: There is a hidden guy in the level who tells you to play music for the statue. That will lead the way!

musictopia10
12-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Where do I find level 9 at? Just passed level 8.

erm2003
12-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Where do I find level 9 at? Just passed level 8.

Go back to that cave in the Dark World mountains that you couldn't pass before because you couldn't get around the tree. Reflect a fireball into it to keep on going.

But before you go on... did you find the Master Temple? Look in the Dark World for a screen you may not have visited yet. If you did find it, finish that first!

Questions
12-09-2005, 11:52 PM
I still can't find the second Power Bracelet. I searched that secret area thoroghly.

erm2003
12-09-2005, 11:59 PM
I still can't find the second Power Bracelet. I searched that secret area thoroghly.

Look in the room where there are a couple roaming Zols and Dodongos. After the enemies are gone, the blocks will move. One of them when moved in the right direction will trigger a secret in the room. Walk around the room a bit and make you can figure out where you have to push it.

Sirencio
12-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Call for a little more help.

So I'm wicked stuck on level 8. Just got past the room where "I should have one key left" after I open the door. There's that room off to the ;eft with the blue blocks in the way of a staircase, and the same kind of blocks outside blocking a dark world/light world warp tile. I can't figure out what to do from here.

A few other tidbits I can't figure:

There's this one cave I go into where the staircase entrance is enclosed. I think it's called Heart Cave. Am I missing how to get anywhere in here, or is it something I can't get through until later?

Same question, pretty much, for the cave marked "?" in Death Mountain.

I found the first wallet. Where is the 2nd?

Finally, a hint in what area to look for the master temple in the dark world would be awesome. I've been around quite a bit, but refining my search would help. Or can I not get to this until later, either?

Again, this is a great quest. I loved Stone Tower. Great, fun level. Especially after tearing my hair out over the Wizzrobe Shrine. :D

erm2003
12-10-2005, 01:26 PM
OK, let's see how much info I can tackle here:

The blue blocks inside level 8 you cannot budge until you get another item later on. So where do you go from here? Well the blocks outside you CAN move. Just stab them with your sword. Yeah, they are the same color, but that's because of the overworld CSet. That will open up the path to the Light World, where you will find... the light world version of Level 8! That's right, it's split among the two worlds! Keep on going and you will find what you need. Now for your other questions:

Heart Cave: Now that you have the flippers you can go over the water, but I wouldn't venture too far until you finish the Master Temple first. There are four rooms (besides the one with the stairs) and each has a heart piece in it to give you a heart container. BTW, there is another hidden area in the Light World that will also give you a heart container similar to this one!

The "?" cave you found is actually the path that leads to Ganon's Tower. Don't bother with that until you have done everything else.

The second wallet is actually hidden in the Dark World mountains. Think of where you found the first power bracelet in the Light World, and then look in the same general area in the Dark World.

As for the Master Temple, there is probably a screen on your map that you haven't been to yet, but you can get there now that you have the flippers. Check it out!

I am glad you are enjoying my quest! Keep going, you aren't too far out now! :)

Sirencio
12-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Ok... found the wallet. Found where the master temple is (I should have known it was THERE ;) ) but I'm standing right at those blue blocks, hitting them with my sword and... nothing. Am I supposed to have the master sword now? Because the old man said to show him the triforce, so I figured I needed to finish lv8 before getting the master sword but... umm... yeah. Catch 22, so I'm obviously missing a detail.

musictopia10
12-10-2005, 02:32 PM
I am on the Master Temple Part. There is a part where I am trapped and not sure how to proceed. I made it past the red dragon. Then I warped. The next spot had the bunnies. I killed them and tried to find a secret. Could not find one. I went up. Then I was locked in. The only choice was the stairs. If I go through the stairs, then I start all over again. How do I make progress from there?

musictopia10
12-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Nevermind. I figured that one out.

Questions
12-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Is it possible to have the Red Ring before the Death Knight in Light Level 8? If so where is it?

erm2003
12-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Sirencio: Yes you should have the Magical Sword at this point. If you didn't find it, look for a cave you previously couldn't enter in the Light World shore area. You need the hammer... which means if you didn't get it, you could have gotten this sword before level 6! That should be what triggers the secret. If it still doesn't work, I will double check it for you.

Musictopia: Glad you found the secret! It's always good to really take a good look at each room carefully before moving on. ;)

Questions: No, you can't get the red ring before fighting the knight. There is a spot you can stand though where he will RARELY hit you and you can try to finish him off. Remember that the Mirror Shield will reflect his beam so just be patient and you will be able to finish him off.

Questions
12-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Well now I'm in Level 9! (Yay!)

In the room with the like likes I can't seem to push any blocks onto the right panel to open the door. What's wrong? :odd:

erm2003
12-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Questions: Nothing is wrong. You just have to move OTHER blocks in the room to hit the switches. The blocks towards the bottom that look like they should work are like red herrings. You will find other blocks that can help you trip the switches.

Questions
12-11-2005, 09:53 AM
PROBLEM:

I can't push any other blocks.

erm2003
12-11-2005, 11:20 AM
PROBLEM:

I can't push any other blocks.

Yes you can! You just haven't tried all directions! Remember, push blocks can be set to work only in certain directions. The following blocks can be moved once the enemies are gone:

The last block in the first row
The first block in the 4th row
The last 2 blocks in the 5th row

You need to figure out what direction that is so that you can get a block on each switch. Believe me the room works, several people have already finished the quest!

radder1
12-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Well, I finally found the time to finish. Thanks, Erm, for making this enjoyable "classic" quest. There are some things I never would have solved without reading this forum. Here's hoping that you tackle making another quest sometime and keeping us entertained!

erm2003
12-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Thanks radder! I am glad you enjoyed my quest! I have started working on another but I am putting it on hold until I have more time to work on it, so look for something coming up next year :)

Sirencio
12-11-2005, 06:03 PM
I just finished up, erm. Great, great quest. I'm going to have to go back and see what I missed, since I've got a few empty item spots. :D

erm2003
12-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Sounds great! Let me know if there is anything in particular you can't find. Also, keep in mind that I did not include the Magic Key or the Book in this quest.

Questions
12-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Well now I got to Ganon, he beat the crap out of me and when I continued Link's little "auto-walk" did this to me.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8954/zelda0013br.th.png (http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zelda0013br.png)

Then ZC crashed on me (at no fault of the game) and now I have to start over from the beginning of Level 9 :(

Sirencio
12-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Sounds great! Let me know if there is anything in particular you can't find. Also, keep in mind that I did not include the Magic Key or the Book in this quest.

Here's where I'm at:

Item action! (http://home.comcast.net/~sirencio/temp/darkworld.jpg)

I'd just like to know what I'm missing, so I don't go over-looking. :D

erm2003
12-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Well it looks like the only thing you are missing is the final heart container. I didn't include the spells either because when I was first building this quest they weren't implemented properly so I never planned on using them.

There are heart containers in quite a few different places. It's hard for me to list them all, but here are a few late ones that are commonly missed:

1) The Heart Cave in the Dark World mountains which was mentioned in a previous post here.
2) Another hidden heart where you have to get the 4 pieces hidden in the Light World mountains.
3) A very well hidden Fire Gleeok in the desert area of the Light World that is protecting a heart container.

See if that helps. Keep on searching if you wish, but there is nothing else for you to find. Great job! :clap:

Sirencio
12-11-2005, 09:55 PM
1) The Heart Cave in the Dark World mountains which was mentioned in a previous post here.
2) Another hidden heart where you have to get the 4 pieces hidden in the Light World mountains.
3) A very well hidden Fire Gleeok in the desert area of the Light World that is protecting a heart container.

See if that helps. Keep on searching if you wish, but there is nothing else for you to find. Great job! :clap:

I know I got all of the Heart Cave... I combed through the desert, so maybe I already killed the Gleeok and didn't realize it... So I'm going to go check the mountains next, because that doesn't sound familiar.

I was kinda hoping there was more. I kinda don't want to stop playing. Glad to hear we'll have another one from you next year! :kawaii:

Curious now... what are some of your favorite quests, erm?

Sirencio
12-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Ack, I lied. I did do the cave in the mountains.

erm2003
12-11-2005, 10:32 PM
You know, I don't have any favorites because I think it would be unfair to judge. Each quest has its own individual theme and advantages to it. That said, what I would do is look at the Top Ten list (link on the main page) and check out quests that have high ratings - and check out other quests by those quest makers. Many of them have been around for a while and know a lot of tricks with ZQuest that will just blow your mind! I am sure you will find a lot of stuff that you will enjoy.

Questions
12-11-2005, 11:55 PM
I just beat this with 30 deaths. (I sucked :laughing: ) anyway two big items I missed were the Gold Ring and the Lens. I know the Lens is in Level 9 but how do I get to it? And where is the Gold ring?

erm2003
12-12-2005, 06:10 AM
The first floor of Level 9 is broken up into four sections. The lens is hidden in the upper left area, and the gold ring is hidden in the upper right area. You have to look for some hidden passageways to get each item, so try bombing around or walking through some walls. I put the lens in at the end only because it helps out with a few of the puzzle rooms in this level. Let me know how you do.

emillissauer
12-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Can someone help me find the red ring in lvl 8, i' beat the black knight and got the wand, but can't find the red ring. Nice Quest erm.

erm2003
12-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks emillissauer. Now that you have the wand, you can go back to the Dark World and enter the level again. The blocks that you previously couldn't move can be removed with the wand. Keep on heading in that direction!

emillissauer
12-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Erm , i mmust be dense but I did that and still can't find it, will you send me a more specific Pm can you also inclcude the location of the silver arrow cause i can't seem to kill the orange "spiders"or whatever they are called. Thanks.

erm2003
12-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Erm , i mmust be dense but I did that and still can't find it, will you send me a more specific Pm can you also inclcude the location of the silver arrow cause i can't seem to kill the orange "spiders"or whatever they are called. Thanks.

OK, a PM will be on the way in a few.

EDIT: emillissauer, your PM box is full and I can't send you the message. Please clear it out and I will try to send it later, or send me a PM once you take care of it. Thanks.

emillissauer
12-14-2005, 01:04 AM
Thanks erm but I found them both. I beat the quest and enjoyed it greatly. Can't wait for your next one.

erm2003
12-14-2005, 06:19 AM
Thanks erm but I found them both. I beat the quest and enjoyed it greatly. Can't wait for your next one.

Ah great! Glad you enjoyed it, and disregard he PM I just sent!

niknok
01-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Hi ERM,

Got already the boots..the golden arrow and the golden ring.. congrats for a nice exciting quest of yours. There are so many treasure items and new kinds of enemies and secrets in dungeons. Got all the 24 containers hearts. it was my first to use those golden arrow and golden ring and bow upgrade. first time to see those fire breathing ghoma and 20 headed gleok! have fun with that level 8..and level 9..please pm me when you finish your next quest. thanks for your help.

erm2003
01-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Thanks and it's been a please doing business with you! I will post information in the future when I am ready to release info about my next quest. I have a couple levels complete but I am debating making some major changes. I won't be releasing anything for a while so keep on checking back. :)

Bomber
02-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Cant find out how to get into level 2

erm2003
02-20-2006, 12:58 AM
There is a secret cave you can uncover in the Lost Woods area by burning a bush. Look around on the screens you find AFTER making your way through the maze path. Also, be sure you found more than just the raft in the first level. Another item from level 1 will help you move the block you will find at the end of the cave. You will then be able to get to level 2.

aro
03-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Is Return to dark world II available soon dear Erm ? :)

erm2003
03-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the interest, but no I am holding off right now for a few reasons. Right now I have very little time to fully develop my quest. Also, I have a lot of great ideas that I want to implement with ZC 2.11 once a stable release has come out. The new features are just incredible so I want to hold off for a bit and learn about what the new version can do. I know this might take a while, but it will be worth the wait!

aro
03-12-2006, 07:37 AM
OK, so i'll wait, and try first to finish your quest. And i need a little help. I can Finish the big boss of the level 6 ... very very too strong. That's why i want your help to find the "blue item" in tower of hera. I was searching a long time and still not found. So please a little help.
Thx :)

erm2003
03-12-2006, 11:21 AM
The Tower of Hera actually has 4 rooms that exist that are not on the map. They are all in that center 2x2 black area. You should have visited 2 of those rooms to finish the level completely. The other two you may have not found yet. Try bombing from the left side of the middle area to gain access. One of those rooms has the ring.

Also, you should have the level 3 sword if you can get into level 6. Try searching the shore area of the light world if you haven't done so already. There is a cave you can now enter with an item you gained after beating level 5. Good luck.

aro
03-16-2006, 09:00 AM
hi again erm, i have one other question. I finished level 7 but i cant remember what the old man said when he gave me the red bomb. Can you help me... and tell me please in PM maybe what items are in this level ( i found the hand ).

Thx for your answer :)

erm2003
03-16-2006, 05:34 PM
The second power bracelet (the hand) and the flippers are the two items from level 7. The old man gives you the super bomb at the beginning of level 8. He wants you to leave and "bomb the left Ghoma". Look for an area of the graveyard that has some Ghoma statues and use the super bomb on the far left one to continue through level 8.

aro
03-17-2006, 05:21 PM
hi again erm :)

I finished level 8 ( my prefered level !! really ) but i cant find the combinaison to access the hidden room which give the arrow i suppose.
Please can you help me again :)

Thx a lot

erm2003
03-17-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm glad you are enjoying it. I will send a PM about the maze.

EDIT: Nevermind on the PM. You can't receive them. The old man tells you it's a rather DULL maze. Think about that very carefully. He already told you how to get through!

the_texas_teacu
04-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Having some problems with this quest.

First off there seems to be a missing key in level 4. I searched every room and moved every block but couldn't find it. I had to start over and not open the door to the boomerang room in level 1 and I went back there with the stepladder just to get the key to use on 4, but this can not be what was intended.

Now I have finished through level 5, and I have the wallet, power bracelet, all 3 boomerangs, magic shield, all three swords, hammer, hookshot, ladder, raft, red candle, blue ring, bow and arrow, and whistle.

But no matter what I try I can not find the boss key for the mountain pass. I have beaten everything in here and pushed every block every direction, but nothing works. I whistled in every room, and bombed every wall but I am lost. This should be the way to stone tower, level 7.

edit: wow, thought I checked that statue.

Also on level 4 there was a boss key door behind floor blades that I can't get to, do I need the boots to go back there and get something?

the_texas_teacu
04-25-2006, 04:00 PM
OK, figured everything out except my problems with level 4. missing key and a room I never went in on the far left side with a boss key door and blade floor. Seems like this is where the missing key is, but I could not find my way in.

Now I have 23 hearts and I am looking for the fire gleeok in the light area dessert to get the final heart and then go to the end.

Also there is a dark world grave yard screen where if I blow the whistle I get no wind warp and I hear music as if some secret has been revealed but nothing changed. Any ideas? Is this related to the light world dessert gleeok?

erm2003
04-25-2006, 04:49 PM
First off there seems to be a missing key in level 4. I searched every room and moved every block but couldn't find it. I had to start over and not open the door to the boomerang room in level 1 and I went back there with the stepladder just to get the key to use on 4, but this can not be what was intended.

OK, figured everything out except my problems with level 4. missing key and a room I never went in on the far left side with a boss key door and blade floor. Seems like this is where the missing key is, but I could not find my way in.

OK, it took me a while to figure out what you were talking about here but you must really mean the first level in the Dark World, level 5. There are no boss keys or boss key doors in the light world. Yes you do have to make your way into the next room after the spikes. Look at the statues in the corners of the room. Notice how a couple of them are different colors? Try simply stabbing them with your sword. Yeah, it was really that easy. ;)

Now I have 23 hearts and I am looking for the fire gleeok in the light area dessert to get the final heart and then go to the end.

Also there is a dark world grave yard screen where if I blow the whistle I get no wind warp and I hear music as if some secret has been revealed but nothing changed. Any ideas? Is this related to the light world dessert gleeok?

When you blow the whistle and hear the secret noice, you are probably triggering a warp tile on the upper part of the screen that you can't get to yet. You need to work you way through level 8 to find the last heart container. When you are on the upper level of the desert in the light world (the entrance to the light world side of level 8) look for a hidden pass there to find it.

Good luck!

the_texas_teacu
04-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah, thanks, I meant level 5 and I thought I had tried that already but I guess I just tried all of my other weapons. Found the last heart container as well.

But now I am starting to feel a little stupid. I am in the first floor of level nine and I have completed the two sections on the left, and I have the lens. But now I am in a room with 14 blocks and 2 empty spots that need to be filled and I can't get it.

The room looks like this:

_B__B____B__B_
___B______B___
__B________B__
___B______B___
_B__B____B__B_
_X__________X_

where the B's are blocks and the X's are spots that need to be covered.
the left block on the fourth row can be moved to either X but can not be moved after it is there. The Last B on the bottom row can be moved left one only, and the block to the left of it can only be moved down one. I've tried pushing every block every direction. What am I doing wrong?

edit: Wow, 1 block I missed in 1 direction. Finished that, awesome quest. Found everything. Thanks for the quest.

Rockies Rookie
05-31-2006, 09:39 AM
:So I'm new in here. Played the original Zelda 20 years ago, but this is great. But as usual I wouldn't be here if I wasn't stuck. Somehow stuck in the Dark World before I went to level 4 (don't know where that is either. Now I can't get out. I know how, but only have 8 hc, am I dead and should restart. Maybe you can give me a book on this. Been getting creamed in 5 looking for the whistle. One guy said he had 23 hc before he got here, would like to know where more of them are, at least in the Dark world so I can live long enough to get the whistle. RR

Rockies Rookie
05-31-2006, 10:04 AM
Really need to get a detailed description of how to get the whistle to get outta here. Are there any hc here in the dark world???

Rockies Rookie
05-31-2006, 10:27 AM
Also, in the forum folks say they have 3 boomerangs, and all this stuff, I nned to know where to get a descent shield. This little wooden one sucks.

Rockies Rookie
05-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Juust to make sure. I'm in the dark woods temple, is that level 5????

erm2003
05-31-2006, 07:52 PM
Somehow stuck in the Dark World before I went to level 4 (don't know where that is either. Now I can't get out. I know how, but only have 8 hc, am I dead and should restart.

Can you please tell me how you ended up in the Dark World early? Give me an exact description of what items you have, what screen you were on that had a warp, etc. Also, make sure you are playing this with the correct version of ZC. The game works fine in version 2.10 and it has not been tested in the latest beta versions.

Juust to make sure. I'm in the dark woods temple, is that level 5????

Yes you have found level 5 and yes the whistle is hidden deep within. It will not be easy to get it with the limited life and aromor you have, but it can be done. Look for a couple rooms lined with statues and try pushing them to find a hidden pass that will lead to the whistle.

My best advice though? You may be better off starting over making sure you are using 2.10. The first part will be a breeze now that you played it once and then you can stay in the Light World until after level 4.

Rockies Rookie
05-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Hubby says it's a 2.10. Went to the mountains, and got bracelet. Went to room right below and pushed a rock (lower row, 1st rock, left side)and fell in. I have the ladder, raft, second boomerrang, first sheild, bracelet, bow and arrow, candle, second sword. You're probably right, maybe start over. This is is one of the best games I've played, Keeps me awake at night. I haven't really played many games since the Zelda Classic, hubby liked Link.

Rockies Rookie
05-31-2006, 10:05 PM
Guess I'm showing our age,,,,

erm2003
05-31-2006, 10:39 PM
Hubby says it's a 2.10. Went to the mountains, and got bracelet. Went to room right below and pushed a rock (lower row, 1st rock, left side)and fell in. I have the ladder, raft, second boomerrang, first sheild, bracelet, bow and arrow, candle, second sword. You're probably right, maybe start over. This is is one of the best games I've played, Keeps me awake at night. I haven't really played many games since the Zelda Classic, hubby liked Link.

OK, it's too bad because if you would have pushed the rocks on the screen that you appeared on in the Dark World you could have returned to the Light World and went on. The problem is when you save and quit in the Dark World (or die maybe), it will bring you into the forest area and effectively get you stuck in the game. I will work on adjusting that so it won't happen again and release a bug fix. I have a solution in mind. Thanks for the find.

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 12:31 AM
I have suffered so, but back through 3 and have the letter. There was 2 rooms in 3 left top 4, but couldn't get into the 2 on the right. Did I miss something, and is there anything important that I should go back for. Also as I said I have suffered so,,, can yah let me know where level 4 is???

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Sorry the 2 rooms are in level 3

erm2003
06-01-2006, 05:39 AM
You may have missed a bomb upgrade in level 3. When you are in that small part of the level to the left of everything, try bombing into the rooms you didn't get into. You can then find the upgrade in there. Bring money!

As for level 4, if you found the letter already, then you may have tried using the raft to go north to the mountains. The 4th level is there, but make sure you don't take that warp again! Also, there is a sword upgrade (yeah, finally!) that you need to get before you can enter level 4. After you find the sword, look for a more powerful bomb that you can buy to open up the level.

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Good Morning ,Thanks so much. Will go and find. By the way my hubby and I wee joking last night as to when we played the ZC in 80's, you had to wait for the new edition of Nintendo Mag. to come out to get any hints. BAHAHAHAH

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Big Big Problem, I think. The big bomb is not here anymore, don't know if my hubby bought it earlier and used it, are there anymore?

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Never mind. got it. Can you give me a better hint as to where this fire gllook that is well hidden in the desert for another hc

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Is there a shield upgrade coming up, if so what lever??

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Forgot, I just finished 4,

The Destroyed
06-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Rockies, have you heard of the edit button? You posted 5 times in a row. Use it next time.

Nice quest by the way, one of the good ones using the original tileset. :)

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Just afraid I'm forgetting something before I go to 5

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Sorry, just kinda new at computers

erm2003
06-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Big Big Problem, I think. The big bomb is not here anymore, don't know if my hubby bought it earlier and used it, are there anymore?
ZC 2.10 does have a small bug with shops. If you ever enter a shop and nothing is there, just save and quit and when you return it should be back.

Can you give me a better hint as to where this fire gllook that is well hidden in the desert for another hc
You won't be able to find him until you reach level 8. You have to find a hidden pass in the desert rock. Don't worry about it until you make it that far in the game.

Is there a shield upgrade coming up, if so what lever??
The true path to the Dark World is through a mini-level that you can enter in the lower corner of the forest area. If you search in there very carefully, you will find a shield upgrade. It's the only new item in that level. This is before you enter level 5 so DON'T TAKE THE WARP TO THE DARK WORLD. If you already did all is not lost. Finish level 5 first and then you can go back for it.

Nice quest by the way, one of the good ones using the original tileset.
Thanks for the compliment! I am glad you are enjoying my quest!

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 04:42 PM
I remember someone saying about having 3 boomerrangs, I have the silver one I got in 1 or 2. Is there another before I go

erm2003
06-01-2006, 04:49 PM
I remember someone saying about having 3 boomerrangs, I have the silver one I got in 1 or 2. Is there another before I go
The 3rd boomerang is well hidden in level 6. Just wait a bit longer. :)

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 05:20 PM
, I have the little wooden shield now, but hubby got that, he started game. I know where you are talking about, been there and done everything, can tell he must have gotten something here. So, for sure there is an upgrade in here.

erm2003
06-01-2006, 05:26 PM
In the Dark Temple, the level that leads to the Dark World, yes, you can find the Magic Shield upgrade.

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 06:25 PM
I just made it through the Dark World, got the shield and something else, thought it might have been the hook thing, but was kinda standing on it when I got it, but nothing registers on my menu, what was it??

erm2003
06-01-2006, 07:04 PM
I set it up so that some of the enemies in that level drop potions, that's probably what you found. Either that or just some bombs.

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 08:15 PM
One quickie, am I up on hc, I have 10 now, before going into 5

Rockies Rookie
06-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Is there an hc I can get in Dark World before I go in??

erm2003
06-01-2006, 08:27 PM
I don't remember, but 10 sounds pretty good. From the sounds of it you are pretty good and searching stuff out. It is possible to get a total of 24 in the game. You should have that may by the time you enter the final level.

erm2003
06-01-2006, 11:52 PM
You get one for finishing the Dark Temple, I don't believe there is one you can get before level 5, but after you beat level 5 you can get a couple more I believe...

EDIT: Sorry about the double post. I didn't realize I responded to a post made before my other response... if that makes any sense.

Rockies Rookie
06-02-2006, 01:55 PM
erm 2003 What items will I retrieve from Level 5, found the whistle so far but nothing else. Will keep looking. Thanks. This is the best follow up to the original ZC

Rockies Rookie
06-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Whoa is me!! I can't find the hidden pond in the Dark World. Help.

erm2003
06-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Level 5's main item was the whistle, but you can also find a heart container and the small wallet hidden in there somewhere. Look for hidden passageways in walls. One is close to the end, the other was guarded by an enemy...

As for the hidden pond, you can find that in the Dark World forest area, try walking through some rocks... Good luck!

Rockies Rookie
06-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Will go look again. Pat me on the back, I did finish 5. Found whistle and a jar , can get more bucks now, whew!! I found a place where I can buy another boomerang for 850, but is there one like it upcoming or do I have to buy this one.

Rockies Rookie
06-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Well went through every frame of forest area and I can't find. Pushed every wall. No Luck I guess

erm2003
06-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Don't buy a boomerang. You will eventually find one in level 6 if you are good!

As for the hidden pass, go as far north as you can go in the forest and try to go north through rock. It's there, believe me!

Rockies Rookie
06-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks, will try again master

Rockies Rookie
06-02-2006, 09:40 PM
okay what a russsssssssssshh

erm2003
06-02-2006, 11:03 PM
I have made an update to my quest which should fix the problem of the warp in the mountains. It was built to make easier access to level 7 so now I set it up so you can't get to the warp tile until after you get another item in the game.

You can download the new file here (http://www.ermock.com/returndarkworld.zip). Thanks for playing!

Rockies Rookie
06-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Will that change my current game if I download. Level 6 is kickin a--. Just keep losing my way. guess I'll have to make a map. Bought more medicine here than all of levels put together. Great game. Seems though like I've been everywhere and have found the boss key, already seen that. Died very quickly. Think I can handle it once I find my way again. I can't find the boomerrang, looked everywhere. Can you give me a drift. Thanks, and is there anything else in here besides the boomerrang??

erm2003
06-02-2006, 11:47 PM
You can overwrite your old quest file with the new one and pick up where you left off. There should not be a problem.

Level 6 contains two items. One is the fire boomerang, the other is the hookshot. The fire boomerang is optional, but you have to get the hookshot to complete the level. The only clue I will give about the boomerang is that the whistle is your friend. Try to use it often. That is all.

Oh and by the way, did you find the Magic Sword yet? This would be the third sword. You can get it now. Check the Light World by the shore...

Rockies Rookie
06-02-2006, 11:50 PM
yes I got the 3rd sword and the hookshot. Come on give me another hint about the boomerrang. I've whistled myself blue. Pleaseeeeeee

erm2003
06-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Try using it to go back into stairwells after you emerge. It's in there somewhere!

Rockies Rookie
06-02-2006, 11:54 PM
By the way is there a 2nd quest following this one?

Rockies Rookie
06-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Are you saying it's where I got the hookshot. Go back in

Rockies Rookie
06-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Or do you mean the stairs you go in (between rooms)with the freakie bats are all the time. Never seen anything in those before, but this could be a first. Right????

erm2003
06-03-2006, 06:54 AM
I don't have a second quest out yet. I started one but I have been a bit too busy lately to keep on working on it. I am hoping I will get more time this summer.

As for the level 6 thing... look for an arrow that tries to show you the way, but really, it leads you off course if you want to find the boomerang.

Rockies Rookie
06-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Mornin, well I got the boomerrang. It was tough, but so am I. Now to go get the boss. Don't remember how I got there, but will prevail.

erm2003
06-03-2006, 12:09 PM
If you remember where you go the hookshot, search the rooms around that area. It's not too hard to find your way.

Rockies Rookie
06-03-2006, 12:52 PM
I wish I remembered. Think it's up on far left top

Rockies Rookie
06-03-2006, 01:21 PM
the route, I mean

Rockies Rookie
06-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Okay, got er done.Now on to 7. I've been there before, just have to find it. And I will.

Rockies Rookie
06-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Know where it is now, but can't find any medicine to buy anywhere close. Had to go all the way back by level 6 to by some. Any closer.