PDA

View Full Version : To use the boss flag

rocksfan13
10-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Can anyone supply me with the exact way to use the boss flag in order to make the guys change what the say every time you beat a level?

Freedom
10-20-2005, 01:57 PM
that depends on where they are.
example....
to get the town to change after beating a level you build several towns exactly alike except for different strings or whatever else you want to change in town, and then put a warp in line to take you to it from a transition screen, like the screen entering the town.
In short, you have the warp take you to identical but different screens displaying the new "string"

rocksfan13
10-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Where would you use the boss flags and how do they affect the warps?

Freedom
10-20-2005, 02:46 PM
ok....
you set a boss flag in the boss room of level 1 and you want the town to change after beating level 1...
SO you make a screen leading to town and you place a direct warp in secret combo 16, set the boss flag on that screen, set a trigger enemy on that screen, place the flag 16 on the ground where link can't miss it, cover that spot with the ground tile on layer 1 or make the warp tile match the ground so it won't show when triggered, and set "no secret sounds" on that screen, and enemy = secrets.
That warp then sends the player to a screen you've made that is identical, so he can't tell he was even warped.
The level numbers on the dmaps have to match, so the level 1 and the town screen will both be marked level 1 on their dmaps.

rocksfan13
10-20-2005, 03:48 PM
What if I want just a house with a guy to change?

The same thing, or different?

ShadowTiger
10-20-2005, 03:51 PM
If you want the guy to change, the guy would have had to have been a regular graphic on a layer for it to change.

DeFray
10-20-2005, 04:09 PM
You could also set up a warp similar to the one Freedom described, put two rooms in the guy's house, and put the warps in the first room so that you warped to a new, identical house with a different screen once the boss flags triggered. Then you would only need to copy the house rooms instead of a whole village.

Freedom
10-20-2005, 04:49 PM
BH4,
He wants the string to change, so he would have to use dupe screens.

The house itself wouldn't have to have 2 rooms, you could do the warp leading to the house on the overworld, so you would actually be entering a different house, but remember only 1 tile warp per screen, so build to compensate for that.

rocksfan13
10-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks you guys. I really apreciate your help.

The enemy->trigger: does this have to be placed anywhere specific?

Brandon
10-25-2005, 02:51 PM
It can be put anywhere on the screen.

LavaBall
10-25-2005, 03:11 PM
TIP:I say putting it around a Corner is better as it will be less disturbing
Afterall its not a combo(The one like a burn flag where you burn trees with candle)