PDA

View Full Version : Leaked World of Warcraft Expansion info

Glitch
10-20-2005, 09:50 AM
http://www.cesspit.net/drupal/node/953#comment-1103

I have been hearing about this for a while now, but it was recently confirmed by blizzard to be leaked unreleased content. Enjoy :)

Rainman
10-20-2005, 10:05 AM
The best improvement is that the horde now has an attractive female for a race. That might help to even out the servers.

Shadowblazer
10-20-2005, 10:10 AM
WTF, Orc females are already hot!

Darth Marsden
10-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Not to sound like a Rent-A-Mod, but shouldn't this be in General Gaming? Sounds pretty cool though, farewell to all hope of prying my Beta Testers from that damn game. Almost makes me wish I could play MMORPGs...

Toolie
10-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Not to sound like a Rent-A-Mod, but shouldn't this be in General Gaming? Sounds

It doesn't really matter, man.

I refuse to play WoW. It looks too damn good - I want to have a life. Ultima Online took a few years off of mine before, I'd like to think I have learned...

Well,... maybe I can try for just for a week or so...

Daarkseid
10-20-2005, 03:35 PM
Not to sound like a Rent-A-Mod, but shouldn't this be in General Gaming?.

No, General Discussion means just that, even if the topic is better served by being in its related forum.

Glitch
10-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Not to sound like a Rent-A-Mod, but shouldn't this be in General Gaming? Sounds pretty cool though, farewell to all hope of prying my Beta Testers from that damn game. Almost makes me wish I could play MMORPGs...

Advice taken.

Ignored.

I refuse to play WoW. It looks too damn good - I want to have a life. Ultima Online took a few years off of mine before, I'd like to think I have learned...

This game is like fuckin' eating pringles. Once you pop you can't stop.

g4conman
10-20-2005, 11:05 PM
i think the blood elves look like they should be alliance, and night elves should be horde

Rainman
10-21-2005, 12:11 AM

I haven't played WoW in a couple months because I don't want to spend so much time on it. It had a lot of very fun moments, but those were intermingled with boring travelling and annoying failed missions. I'd like so much to play right now. (I'd like to hit 60) I just don't want WoW to take up a major part of my life.

Not to sound like a Rent-A-Mod, but shouldn't this be in General Gaming?
Saying "Not to sound like a Rent-A-Mod" doesn't excuse you from the rule of not being a Rent-A-Mod. Next time you feel like saying this, just don't.

AlexMax
10-21-2005, 05:29 AM

Old UO and World of Warcraft are two completely differnt kinds of MMORPGS. UO is in a class by itself, while WoW is like Everquest with a lot of the fat trimmed off, halfway decent PvP and a lot more interesting locales. Plus the art direction doesn't look like total ass.

My thoughts on the things.

Blood Elves

A new race for each side was pretty much a given, so I don't really have anything mroe to comment on this than "Neat!"

Outlands

We've known about outlands for a longass time, anyone with WoW map loader could see it. Though it was probably a given because if they had added Northend, it's pretty much a given that they would have had the top boss be arthas, and they've said in the past (dunno where) that Illidian would be the toughtest boss in the game.

Level 70 cap

Um...why? This just keeps the boring treadmill going for 10 more levels. Also, how will 10 extra skill points affect builds? And I assume this also means that you won't be seeing any more random level 60's going from point A to point B, since most of them will be in ourlands or the auction house. Also, what is going to happen to MC and BWL and ZF along with the other high level raid instances?

Flying mounts in outlands

Wheee...ought to be interesting.

Atmospheric effects

This ought to make the day/night cycle more interesting. Good call.

Linked battleground

YES! ABOUT FUCKING TIME! This might actually make me resubscribe, the thing that pissed me off the most about WoW is that decent PvP at low levels was nonexistant, and with merged battlegrounds this ought to make finding low level games a LOT easier. I just hope it's in a future patch and doesn't HAVE to wait for the expansion.