PDA

View Full Version : Palete cycling

rocksfan13
10-19-2005, 07:23 AM
Does anyone know how to bring up the palete cycle dialog? I have no button for cycling under the palete editor.

And what is a boss flag? Is it the dungeon boss?

If you could tell me where it is discussed about how to change the screen upon defeat of certain bosses, it would be appreciated.

DeFray
10-19-2005, 09:29 AM
Pallette cycling.... I don't ever use it, so I don't really know. Try looking in Freedom's sig.

I think I discussed dungeon boss flags in the recent thread
"Moving objects and other little questions", but if you have any more questions by all means ask. ;)

rocksfan13
10-20-2005, 10:29 AM
I can't get it to work right. When I pick up an item with the flag the dungeon boss goes away. When I kill the boss first, the screen won't change. What am I doing wrong.

DeFray
10-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Hmm...Did you do all the steps properly?

For the first one, be aware that picking up a special item on a dungeon-boss-flagged screen sets off the flag. Also, whenever a dungeon boss flag is set off, any other screen on that dmap with a boss flag will never have monsters appear on it again. Thus, if you're picking up an item on a flagged screen, you might be setting off the boss flag and preventing the actual boss from being able to appear.

For the second part, I'm not sure what's going on without being able to see the quest. If you feel like sending me the quest file, I can figure it out. My first guess would probably be that you forgot to set the "Enemies->Secret" on the other screen.

rocksfan13
10-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Does that count for guys as well?

DeFray
10-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Yeah. Specifically the Special Item room type with guys. The rest of the guy rooms I'm not as sure of.

Zelda_Warrior
10-20-2005, 09:30 PM
What's pallette cycling? I never experimented with it, I jsut always checked the rule, and I can't tell a difference with it on or off.

rocksfan13
10-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Palette cycling is when the colors change on a tile to give the illusion of movement, like most people use with the BS tileset. I know there is a way to set it up, I just can't figure out how.

I just figured it out. You have to select the interpelated fading rule and the cycle button will appear in the palettes dialog box.