PDA

View Full Version : The Pontiac Band Competition.

algam86
10-16-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm in the band at Louisville Male High School, and I play the tuba. Anyway, we had to go to Pontiac from Friday to this morning. It was a 7-hour drive, so by the time we got there, we had to go to sleep. We performed at preliminaries Saturday morning at 9:00. A bit of a screw-up around the later half, but we made it into the Top Five. Later, around 8:00, we performed at finals, which was a much better performance than the prelims one. We got fifth place. I don't remember all who participated, but the Seminola (I think that's who it was) Jazz Band from...somewhere... won with about 87 points. (We had about 78.) There were about 22 bands there, so we did pretty well, and the people that beat us were really great bands (Grove City, who came in fourth, was pretty good).

I was actually a bit disappointed, because I know we did better than fifth place, and so did most of the others. But there's always Indy.

moocow
10-17-2005, 08:36 AM
That's awesome, congrats. I loved band competitions. We didn't do any my senior year becase we had a new band director, and she didn't want to jump into any competitions her first year. I was way sad :(

I remember the year it was snowing during competition... I twirled flags, and our uniforms were sleveless dresses. And metal flag poles. Augh, we were so frozen by the end of it. But it was fun :) We did pretty good, too.

Every now and then I'll catch a competition on TV. I like to watch them. *is a dork*

Machiavelli
10-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Congratulation algam.

My school doesn't have a band. And I doubt we ever will. My junior high had a band, if you even want to call it that. It was very small and, while it wasn't horrible,it wasn't very good.

I hope you do even better next year.

Dechipher
10-17-2005, 07:52 PM
We went to a contest last saturday, but didn't make finals. We did good, but there were a lot of out-of-state bands there, so we didn't make the top 12 (I think we made 14th). We're going again next Friday, to the State competition. We got a new band director this year too...he's kinda...you know....like Mr. Rogers. Which isn't relaly that good. He's never done marching band before. I think he's taught at the University of Louisville, but don't quote me on that.

In any case, our show is called Guitar FX...kinda lame. It centers around the guitar.
I march Tenors.